Interesting comment on social media

Re: Interesting comment on social media

Postby Viper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:34 pm

McAz wrote:
Mekon wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Mekon wrote:
Stooo wrote:I wouldn't consider Guido to be as bad as Breitbart. I don't click on DM or Sun links either.

The quality of the sites is not the issue, it is the clandestine organizations that they front as the various investigations by legitimate commentators reveal.

Joker sites such as Guido can be said to be more dangerous to the political fabric than Breitbart because they influence the impressionable in more easily digestible bites. The jokers here are evidence of that.

Guido has too many long words for the average impressionable idiot, I view it more as slightly cerebral right wing satire. Shit satire but satire nonetheless.

Such sites are not intended for or taken seriously by the intelligentsia, satire is simply a front for their use as propaganda hubs for alt-right soldiers. If this was not the case why are they linked to so frequently on discussion boards like this but without follow-up debate?

From memory (well, slightly more than that) this phenomenon began in America during the George W election. Investigations showed that thousands of so-called independent articles and opinion in fact traced back to an organization with links to the Ayn Rand Institute who were scripting templates for far right mainly young and impressionable operatives. They too posed as "ordinary posters just having fun". Decades later we have Trump and Brexit. :roll:

Trump :cuppaT:
Brexit :cuppaT:
Viper

Postby McAz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Viper wrote:
Brexit :cuppaT:
ECHR :cuppaT:
McAz

Postby Viper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Intelligensia :pmsl: :pmsl:

I live it when you lefties really let yourselves go and start massaging each others egos in public. Absolutely hilarious :pmsl:

Trump :cuppaT: brexit :cuppaT:
Viper

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:39 pm

You live it?
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Viper wrote:Intelligensia :pmsl: :pmsl:

I live it when you lefties really let yourselves go and start massaging each others egos in public. Absolutely hilarious :pmsl:

Trump :cuppaT: brexit :cuppaT:

Only last week you were massaging your willy to McVey while laughing at dead diabetics - living the deam. :ooer:

And its "intelligentsia", Viper. :gigglesnshit:

Viper wrote:
Hard Brexit :cuppaT:
Le Pen :cuppaT:
ECHR :cuppaT:
McAz

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:53 am

If anyone wants the facts it comes from the White Supremacists in the USA where they held a conference about it attended by a man called Simon Darby, who was a member the of the BNP.

As he expressed it the tactic was for 'cyber-activists' to flood forums under multiple guises not openly supporting the BNP but attacking the positions of the establishment parties and 'always drawing the discussion onto ground where the BNP's policies could be clearly put without identifying the party itself'

Postby Viper » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Guest wrote:If anyone wants the facts it comes from the White Supremacists in the USA where they held a conference about it attended by a man called Simon Darby, who was a member the of the BNP.

As he expressed it the tactic was for 'cyber-activists' to flood forums under multiple guises not openly supporting the BNP but attacking the positions of the establishment parties and 'always drawing the discussion onto ground where the BNP's policies could be clearly put without identifying the party itself'

Lol. Gosh. Nice ...er facts :gigglesnshit:
Viper

Postby Punk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Viper wrote:I think it's a feature of information by social media. There's no click value in taking a nuanced view, there's only value in talking to your demographic which has given us Trump and Brexit.

Someone posted this on a comment about virgin trains left/right hypocrisy-off. Its true isnt it tbf. All of us here are guilty as fuck too!

Speak for yourself.

I get blocked by about 100 Tory supporters a month on social media for ripping their lies to pieces. I get kicked off Tory sites because they love freedom of speech(lies) and hate anyone bursting their bubble. I don't bother with Labour sites.

What is hypocritical about Labour's position on the Virgin Trains bailout?
Punk

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs