Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Dean wrote:I’m having a chill out day today, so decided to re-watch Band of Brothers. Probably the best mini series ever made. So good...

No sister in there?
I won't bother watching it then. :snooty:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Nucks » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:42 am

Anyone watching Mindhunter on Netflix?

Excellent series based on real-life FBI agents John Douglas and Robert Ressler who pioneered modern day serial killer profiling. The agents’ names are different in the show (Holden Ford and Bill Tench), the actor playing Tench (Holt McCallany) is absolutely mesmerising. I find Holden’s girlfriend a bit robotic, really just a plot device so it doesn’t look like the character is talking to himself as he bounces these ideas around all the time. I read Douglas’ book many years ago and she doesn’t feature in it at all. Also, the actor playing Ed Kemper is great to watch.

Douglas was the inspiration for the Jack Crawford character in the Thomas Harris books Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon and the tv series Hannibal.
Nucks

Postby calitom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:12 am

Dean wrote:True Detective was excellent too. First season better than the second but still brilliant. The first season with Woody Harrelson was an almost perfect TV Cop show. Loved it...

and Matthew McConaughy...that was creepy bayou drama..like u say almost perfect.
calitom

Postby calitom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:12 am

Dean wrote:True Detective was excellent too. First season better than the second but still brilliant. The first season with Woody Harrelson was an almost perfect TV Cop show. Loved it...

and Matthew McConaughy...that was creepy bayou drama..like u say almost perfect.
calitom

Postby Rockstar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Did the first one finish off in a maze?? Angry River one of my fav songs.... :wubwub:

Alexandra Daddario..... :wubbers: :wubbers: :wubbers: :hand: :mrgreen:
Rockstar

Postby Dean » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Rockstar wrote:

Did the first one finish off in a maze?? Angry River one of my fav songs.... :wubwub:

Yes mate...
Dean

Postby Rockstar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:31 pm

Dean wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Yes mate...

I'm so tempted to post a NSFW Gif of Daddario twins... :leer: :hap:
Rockstar

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 pm

No Offence. (Channel 4)
McAz

Postby Sundaze » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Nucks wrote:Anyone watching Mindhunter on Netflix?

Excellent series based on real-life FBI agents John Douglas and Robert Ressler who pioneered modern day serial killer profiling. The agents’ names are different in the show (Holden Ford and Bill Tench), the actor playing Tench (Holt McCallany) is absolutely mesmerising. I find Holden’s girlfriend a bit robotic, really just a plot device so it doesn’t look like the character is talking to himself as he bounces these ideas around all the time. I read Douglas’ book many years ago and she doesn’t feature in it at all. Also, the actor playing Ed Kemper is great to watch.

Douglas was the inspiration for the Jack Crawford character in the Thomas Harris books Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon and the tv series Hannibal.

I loved Mindhunter (once I got used to the jumping about to different timelines)

I got so into it I ended up bingewatching it in one session
Sundaze

Postby Star » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:54 pm

I’m watching re-runs of the vampire diaries :twirl:
Star

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:48 am

Godless.
It's got it all : Wild West, strong female characters, good acting and superb plot- in that you're not sure where it's going to go next.. :thumbsup:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Star » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:08 am

McAz wrote:No Offence. (Channel 4)

Season 3 is supposed to be coming back this year Az :canny:
Star

Postby Keyser » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Star wrote:

Cracking series that is! :thumbsup:

At the moment I am enjoying McMafia, the fantastic Engrenages (Spiral) and Inside No 9 (not really a drama but still it's always bloody good).

I am also recording the Swedish series Rebecka Martinsson but have not watched it yet.
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:21 pm

Keyser wrote:
Star wrote:

Cracking series that is! :thumbsup:

At the moment I am enjoying McMafia, the fantastic Engrenages (Spiral) and Inside No 9 (not really a drama but still it's always bloody good).

I am also recording the Swedish series Rebecka Martinsson but have not watched it yet.
Same here I'm also liking McMafia. Reminds me of The Night Manager, it has that quality about it.
jp761

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:54 pm

McMafia isn't as good as the Hotel Guy one so far, I've only seen one episode though so I may be jumping the gun.
Lady Murasaki

Previous

Return to TV And Radio