Holidays and travel.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:36 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Yes great view of the city.
Only once have I been up there when it's cold and foggy and the fog is below you obliterating everything except the clear dark star filled night.
Perfect for sky watching.
I was involved with training security dogs up there a long time ago.
If you have Holcomb Hill though I think you have all you need for sky watching. :thumbsup:

It sounds like it’s worth a trip just to see it. Suitable for dragging a dog up there?

Definitely.
The view of the city is fantastic plus you get to see planes skimming the tops of the Pennines as they approach Manchester airport.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Only once have I been up there when it's cold and foggy and the fog is below you obliterating everything except the clear dark star filled night.
If you have Holcomb Hill though I think you have all you need for sky watching. :thumbsup:

It sounds like it’s worth a trip just to see it. Suitable for dragging a dog up there?

Definitely.
The view of the city is fantastic plus you get to see planes skimming the tops of the Pennines as they approach Manchester airport.

Cheers Rolly! I think we’ll head up there on Sunday. We were going to Lyme Park but we’ve been there loads. Will be nice to try somewhere new.
NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Bella wrote:Anyone got any plans or dreams of travelling or holidays for this year, home or abroad?

Been stuck in with a lurgy for a few days and need an uplift :smilin:

I'll be back here - Essaouira, Morocco - in April. Would have been March but my passport haadn't enough time left n it - needed 6 months by the return date. So laidback and chilled. Also a UNESCO site that they are working on right now, though I hope it doesn't change the way of life for them.
Attachments
b.jpg
measurer

Postby Punk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:34 pm

I had planned to do the Trans-Siberian this summer but the Russians won the hosting of the World Cup so that's on hold for a year.

'I'm not doing it as a foreign tourist, which will save me over £4,000. Not doing the whole length but stopping off at all the major towns for a couple of nights each.
Punk

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:28 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Definitely.

Cheers Rolly! I think we’ll head up there on Sunday. We were going to Lyme Park but we’ve been there loads. Will be nice to try somewhere new.

Looking at the forecast you might not even make Lyme Park on Sunday!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Bella » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:34 am

measurer wrote:
Bella wrote:Anyone got any plans or dreams of travelling or holidays for this year, home or abroad?

I'll be back here - Essaouira, Morocco - in April. Would have been March but my passport haadn't enough time left n it - needed 6 months by the return date. So laidback and chilled. Also a UNESCO site that they are working on right now, though I hope it doesn't change the way of life for them.

Oh I love that place, I went years ago and always have wanted to return. :smilin:
Bella

Postby Bella » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 am

I'm off to Porto with the Ladies to celebrate a Birthday in a couple of weels :cheers:
Bella

Postby measurer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Bella wrote:
measurer wrote:

Oh I love that place, I went years ago and always have wanted to return. :smilin:

I go as often as I can and have a few friends that live there, so stay with one of them, but I also can choose a nice riad. Sometimes the latter wins for privacy. I love Marrakesh but the heat and rushing are just not me, and the heat can be wearing. Went for 1 night in June, wore long chiffon dress and got suntanned ! lol

I prefer Essa though, as you have sun, sea and the circulating air around the medina. Mind you, there are some smells at times.... Hopefully the drains will be getting upgraded along with the city walls.
measurer

Postby malamute » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Ive just spent an hour browsing holidays. We want to go away in June. Anybody recommend good deal sites. I used to always just go Thomson and then they got very expensive.

I cant do long hauls so its 3-4 hr flights really.
malamute

Postby malamute » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Bella wrote:I'm off to Porto with the Ladies to celebrate a Birthday in a couple of weels :cheers:

Loved Porto. Went on a river cruise and the weather was fab.
malamute

Postby Bella » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:21 pm

malamute wrote:
Bella wrote:I'm off to Porto with the Ladies to celebrate a Birthday in a couple of weels :cheers:

Loved Porto. Went on a river cruise and the weather was fab.

Any advice on what we should see? :smilin:
Bella

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm

malamute wrote:Ive just spent an hour browsing holidays. We want to go away in June. Anybody recommend good deal sites. I used to always just go Thomson and then they got very expensive.

June? The UK is is pretty good at that time of year, why go abroad?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Bella » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:57 pm

malamute wrote:Ive just spent an hour browsing holidays. We want to go away in June. Anybody recommend good deal sites. I used to always just go Thomson and then they got very expensive.

I don't really do holidays when searching,I just look a cheap flight and somewhere nice to stay.

What sort of holiday are looking for? Do you have children etc :smilin:

I'm thinking Greece or Morocco, depends how adventurous you are?

Kayak are good https://www.kayak.co.uk/
Bella

Postby malamute » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Stooo wrote:

Because we like going abroad in June! :canny: The schoolkids havent broken up so most places are quiet, we are guaranteed fabulous weather and we get a much better deal abroad than we would here. It sets us up for the rest of the year.
malamute

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Stooo wrote:

It's cheaper to go abroad.
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug