University

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

University

Postby samthefootball » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello. In the future I would love to go to uni. I am actually looking at uni courses at the moment but am not sure how many GCSE you need. UCAS points are fine because I am doing very well in my course now.

I have entry 3 skills for working life
Level 1 animal care
Level 2 animal care

Then I moved to my travel course which I am very passionate about. I had to do the animal care to get into my level 2 travel but I got a distinction last year for that and for level 3 year 1 I am aiming for another distinction and the same for year 2.

I Also have level 1 maths and doing GCSE English. Would I be able to go to uni with my determination to succeed
samthefootball

Re: University

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:56 pm

Sounds like you should be alright,
at one time Universities were about education, unfortunately they are now about business and making money they need a continuous stream of customers ( Students)
I wish you luck in your project.
Snookerballs

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:40 am

I think you would be better off just getting a cat.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Major » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:45 am

samthefootball wrote:Hello. In the future I would love to go to uni. I am actually looking at uni courses at the moment but am not sure how many GCSE you need. UCAS points are fine because I am doing very well in my course now.

I have entry 3 skills for working life
Level 1 animal care
Level 2 animal care

Then I moved to my travel course which I am very passionate about. I had to do the animal care to get into my level 2 travel but I got a distinction last year for that and for level 3 year 1 I am aiming for another distinction and the same for year 2.

I Also have level 1 maths and doing GCSE English. Would I be able to go to uni with my determination to succeed

Animal care, very good, become a mod, it pays well. lol

Get a proper job in a trade if ya are a geeza.

I wyll teech tu proppa Inglish.
Major
Twat.

Postby samthefootball » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Trapper John wrote:I think you would be better off just getting a cat.

Lol I don't like cats or animals really. I only did that to get on to the course I'm on now.
samthefootball

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:27 pm

You would be classed as a mature student so entry requirements would be relaxed.

Might be good for you to get to a GCSE in maths, or equivalent.

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Guest wrote:You would be classed as a mature student so entry requirements would be relaxed.

Might be good for you to get to a GCSE in maths, or equivalent.

he would also need one in english and possibly a science subject. some colleges seem to do courses for mature students which earn the ucas points & the gcse's can be taken as part of that. i don't know where sam lives so he would need to check with his own college what they offer.

Postby samthefootball » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:00 pm

I am doing GCSE English and the maths in college in between my main course. I feel confident in passing because I am revising a lot
samthefootball

Postby Bella » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 pm

samthefootball wrote:I am doing GCSE English and the maths in college in between my main course. I feel confident in passing because I am revising a lot

Good luck with the Level 3 Travel, that should get you some UCAS points.

English GCSE especially and usually Maths is needed for Uni. However I do know of 2 lads studying at Uni now who were unable to get GCSE Maths. If you have any specific learning difficulties (Dyslexia, Dyscalculia etc), be sure to get advice and extra time etc for exams. :smilin:
Bella

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:47 pm

samthefootball wrote:I am doing GCSE English and the maths in college in between my main course. I feel confident in passing because I am revising a lot

I think that you'll be OK with maths somehow. I won't wish you luck, I'll wish you progress! :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug