TV Shows.

Re: Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Postby Frankly » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Keyser wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:It was great back then. I'm off too, Spirals on. :Hiya:

You have a very good taste in drama. :cuppaT:

:Wiiiine!: This series is as excellent as ever. I wanted to slap Josephine tonight though.
Frankly

Postby dis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:32 am

Holly wrote:Good Night Ladies :Hiya:

Night Holly.
dis

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Why would I be interested in your opinion about religion? Did I ask you for it?
You enforced your opinion on me in an attempt to belittle my beliefs. As if listening to a comedian slagging off religion is the 'thing' to do to appear superior. :roll:
You've come across as an arrogant idiot who thinks he knows about outdated concepts by watched YouTube videos. Now that's a debacle.

You don't need to ask for my opinion. It's a public discussion forum, open to all to give replies, as and when. Posting my opinion is not enforcing my beliefs on you. Did I say 'you must become non-religious/an atheist'? That's trying to enforce. I know about the many bad aspects of religion from other sources other than YouTube, so there is no need for you to make assumptions. And you are not doing yourself any favours by calling me an arrogant idiot, when 'I don't agree' will suffice.

You were trying to tell me what should be worshipped instead of God then posted a vid about religion being bullshit.
That's a bit more than just giving me your unwelcome opinion. If you'd have just said it in a more reasonable way I wouldn't have thought you were such an arrogant idiot, but as you said it in an arrogant idiotic way then I'm going to believe you are, in fact, an arrogant idiot.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:

:Wiiiine!: This series is as excellent as ever. I wanted to slap Josephine tonight though.

She's a bull in a china shop atm because she hasn't processed the rape. Hasn't even taken a day of work since it happened!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:

I've toyed with watching this show, Fran. Please give me a reason, because I'm generally not keen on Parisians. Plus, some French dramas can be so dull and depressing, it can be like trudging through a dank swamp - a bloody exhausting experience! :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby dis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:

I've toyed with watching this show, Fran. Please give me a reason, because I'm generally not keen on Parisians. Plus, some French dramas can be so dull and depressing, it can be like trudging through a dank swamp - a bloody exhausting experience! :gigglesnshit:

I tried watching Spiral years ago, I was given a dvd box set but I couldn’t get into it. I might give it a try again, my in laws love it.
dis

Postby Frankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Because it's simply excellent and a cut above anything else, in my opinion. The stories and acting are superb. The characters are interesting, flawed, poignant and downright bent! You would have to start at the beginning though to really appreciate it though.
Frankly

Postby Vam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:00 pm

dis wrote:
Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:

I tried watching Spiral years ago, I was given a dvd box set but I couldn’t get into it. I might give it a try again, my in laws love it.

Sounds like you might be a bit like me, dis - if a series doesn't totally 'hook' me within the first couple of episodes, it gets binned.
That said, I remember thinking 'WTF?!' at the very start of Breaking Bad. But I'm so glad I stuck with that!
Vam

Postby dis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Frankly wrote:
Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Because it's simply excellent and a cut above anything else, in my opinion. The stories and acting are superb. The characters are interesting, flawed, poignant and downright bent! You would have to start at the beginning though to really appreciate it though.

I think I will have another try after reading that. I still have the box set kicking about somewhere. How many series are there?

I’m watching No second chance on Netflix just now, it’s ok. I’m not that sure about it.
dis

Postby Vam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Frankly wrote:
Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:

I've now checked out a couple of clips on YTube. Have to admit, it doesn't look French-ly dark and depressing enough to have Samaritans on speed dial! :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby dis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:10 pm

Vam wrote:
Sounds like you might be a bit like me, dis - if a series doesn't totally 'hook' me within the first couple of episodes, it gets binned.
That said, I remember thinking 'WTF?!' at the very start of Breaking Bad. But I'm so glad I stuck with that!

Aye, Inwas like that with Breaking Bad, and The Wire, I lost interest in The Wire towards the end though. I also didn’t like Marcella to start with because I don’t usually like Anna Friel but she was good in that. I was hooked.
dis

Postby Frankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:15 pm

dis wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:

I think I will have another try after reading that. I still have the box set kicking about somewhere. How many series are there?

I’m watching No second chance on Netflix just now, it’s ok. I’m not that sure about it.

We're on series 7 (only 2 more episodes left) at the moment, and they are doing a series 8 which the rumours are, that'll be the last one. :bawlin:

I don't get Netflix. I've considered it, but I don't really watch a lot of tv, I think it would be wasted on me. I've never heard of 'No Second Chance'. Is that a foreign language one too?
Frankly

Postby Frankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:You have a very good taste in drama. :cuppaT:

I've now checked out a couple of clips on YTube. Have to admit, it doesn't look French-ly dark and depressing enough to have Samaritans on speed dial! :gigglesnshit:

:mrgreen: No, it's honestly not. It's topical, gritty but absolutely heartbreaking at times though.
Frankly

Postby dis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:23 pm

Frankly wrote:
We're on series 7 (only 2 more episodes left) at the moment, and they are doing a series 8 which the rumours are, that'll be the last one. :bawlin:

I don't get Netflix. I've considered it, but I don't really watch a lot of tv, I think it would be wasted on me. I've never heard of 'No Second Chance'. Is that a foreign language one too?

Oh wow, I didn’t realise there were that many. I’ve heard it’s brilliant, I don’t know if it’s because I am so far behind I haven’t started on it.

Yes it’s French, it’s based on a Harlan Coben book. My kids use Netlix more than we do, but it’s quite good for some things.
dis

Postby Frankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:27 pm

dis wrote:
Frankly wrote:

Oh wow, I didn’t realise there were that many. I’ve heard it’s brilliant, I don’t know if it’s because I am so far behind I haven’t started on it.

Yes it’s French, it’s based on a Harlan Coben book. My kids use Netlix more than we do, but it’s quite good for some things.

Ah, I've read a couple of his books. They were pretty good. I suppose it's handy to have, and does offer up more choice. I'll consider some more :mrgreen:
Frankly

Next

Return to TV And Radio