Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 pm

I'd like to know more about these psychiatric conditions as they seem to be all lumped together at the moment. Having a particular condition doesn't make someone automatically entitled to disability benefits, it's how the condition affects you which is important. If a condition is controlled with drugs, or can be controlled with drugs, there's no reason for the person to get disability benefits.
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'd like to know more about these psychiatric conditions as they seem to be all lumped together at the moment. Having a particular condition doesn't make someone automatically entitled to disability benefits, it's how the condition affects you which is important. If a condition is controlled with drugs, or can be controlled with drugs, there's no reason for the person to get disability benefits.

And do they ?

As far as I can tell, they get to be assessed by the wonderful ATOS.

Outcomes of those assessments are well documented.
Cannydc

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 am

Lionel Jesse wrote:Disagreeing with the UN is the norm for any self respecting person. Vile organisation, corrupt, anti semetic, and ridiculously stupid (Mugabe folks, Mugabe...)

Anyway, how do people want this to work. A system with few if any checks, where anyone can claim and receive, or one with controls, used to prevent people taking advantage and defrauding the system?

And should people be assessed? At least once if not on a regular basis? Or simply believed? What about using their doctors. But what if their doctors is one of those who will sign off anything?

Accompanied by an anti disability rant complete with 'defrauding the system' and even the lack of capitalisation of Semitic (wrongly spelt)...

:bell:

:customs:
Fletch

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:25 pm

McAz wrote:
Lionel Jesse wrote:I agree with that. I would like to see more counselling offered where possible as it can make a huge difference.

Counselling is available in Cumbria within weeks after assessment (including from self-referral) - it's been very successful by all accounts.

In Lancashire its the same, within a few weeks you will be seen. Also in Lincolnshire as my uncle recently had a breakdown and required their services.

Most of the problems occur in high population areas. I could ring my doctor now and get an appointment today for example.
Lionel Jesse

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Fletch wrote:
Lionel Jesse wrote:Disagreeing with the UN is the norm for any self respecting person. Vile organisation, corrupt, anti semetic, and ridiculously stupid (Mugabe folks, Mugabe...)

Anyway, how do people want this to work. A system with few if any checks, where anyone can claim and receive, or one with controls, used to prevent people taking advantage and defrauding the system?

And should people be assessed? At least once if not on a regular basis? Or simply believed? What about using their doctors. But what if their doctors is one of those who will sign off anything?

Accompanied by an anti disability rant complete with 'defrauding the system' and even the lack of capitalisation of Semitic (wrongly spelt)...

:customs:

How is it anti disability rant you complete moron?
Lionel Jesse

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:42 pm

Fletch wrote:Accompanied by an anti disability rant complete with 'defrauding the system' and even the lack of capitalisation of Semitic (wrongly spelt)...

Always a worrying sign - but put it down to grammatical error until or unless further racism emerges.
McAz

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:09 pm

Ahh, so a common misspelling of a word is racist.... how about the lefts hardline hatred of Jews and the state of Israel? I guess that's not antisemitism but anti-Zionism..... you know, being against a Jewish Homeland....
Lionel Jesse

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:Ahh, so a common misspelling of a word is racist.... how about the lefts hardline hatred of Jews and the state of Israel? I guess that's not antisemitism but anti-Zionism..... you know, being against a Jewish Homeland....

Common among anti-Semites, yes. But don't worry, you have another chance. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:39 pm

I'll check with my friends in Israel...
Lionel Jesse

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:40 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:I'll check with my friends in Israel...

Just go to Tescos. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:42 pm

Asda is better
Lionel Jesse

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:46 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:Asda is better

Not if you need Matzo crackers.

McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:12 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:Ahh, so a common misspelling of a word is racist.... how about the lefts hardline hatred of Jews and the state of Israel? I guess that's not antisemitism but anti-Zionism..... you know, being against a Jewish Homeland....

There God forbids them from having a homeland.
They are to be scattered amongst the nations.
Some pictures for you which are never in the mainstream media >>>>>>>>>>> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Jews+ ... 36&bih=759
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:58 pm

You realise who those "Jews" are, dont you? Ultra Orthodox. Aka extremists.

These images are regularly shown in the mainstream media, Guardian, BBC, Independent and other anti-zionist press
Lionel Jesse

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:59 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:You realise who those "Jews" are, dont you? Ultra Orthodox. Aka extremists.

These images are regularly shown in the mainstream media, Guardian, BBC, Independent and other anti-zionist press

Are Torah Jews not allowed a voice?
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs