Holidays and travel.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby McAz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 am

measurer wrote:And you two?

NO TROLLING IN THE SNUG!!!

No worries Mes - I'll remind starbold in future rather than respond in kind. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby McAz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:24 am

Bella wrote:Anyone got any plans or dreams of travelling or holidays for this year, home or abroad?

Been stuck in with a lurgy for a few days and need an uplift :smilin:

Scotland as usual for me Bella - two weeks in Tarbert, Loch Fyne starting late April. Perhaps some weeks in Skye later in the year - or the Shetlands if I can be arsed with the driving. I can't stand to fly any longer so ships and ferries it is.
McAz

Postby Bella » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:27 pm

Major wrote:What would one eat if one went where you say???

WellWe prefer local, none touristy places generally but tonight had a fantastic meal by the river for a birthday celebration. Far better food than at home, not one bad meal yet.

I could live here, very cheap and all the lovely live music by the river, its going to be a disappointment to get home, very lucky with weather too :wubbers:
Bella

Postby samthefootball » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Are you back from your holiday let Bella. How did it go or if your still there are you enjoying yourself. I know its not really travelling but in the Half Term I am thinking about exploring Wolverhampton which I am near or maybe going to Conwy Castle which is in Wales. Not sure which one at the moment though
samthefootball

Postby Major » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Bella wrote:

WellWe prefer local, none touristy places generally but tonight had a fantastic meal by the river for a birthday celebration. Far better food than at home, not one bad meal yet.

I could live here, very cheap and all the lovely live music by the river, its going to be a disappointment to get home, very lucky with weather too :wubbers:

tell about the last 3 full meals you had there bella, give details please
Major
Twat.

Postby malamute » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Bella wrote:

Hope you enjoyed Porto Bella. Did you manage a river boat trip? I loved all the tiny houses cut into the cliff on the edge of the river. Wouldnt like to live in one but they fascinated me.
malamute

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:30 pm

samthefootball wrote:Are you back from your holiday let Bella. How did it go or if your still there are you enjoying yourself. I know its not really travelling but in the Half Term I am thinking about exploring Wolverhampton which I am near or maybe going to Conwy Castle which is in Wales. Not sure which one at the moment though

The old town of Conwy is still in the castle walls.
Not far from me I get there often.
Have a look at some pictures here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Conwy ... 36&bih=759

The old town withing the walls.
Some very old streets and buildings built nearly 900 years ago.
Some great pubs and food within those walls.
Attachments
conwy-aerial-aa03281b.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby samthefootball » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
samthefootball wrote:Are you back from your holiday let Bella. How did it go or if your still there are you enjoying yourself. I know its not really travelling but in the Half Term I am thinking about exploring Wolverhampton which I am near or maybe going to Conwy Castle which is in Wales. Not sure which one at the moment though

Have a look at some pictures here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Conwy ... 36&bih=759

Me and my Mum went on a trip to llandudno before last xmas and went on the tour bus. We went past Conwy and said in half term we should visit the castle and the town probably by just getting the train there. I have actually spoken to it about my mum this evening and decided that we are going to Conwy plus as its her birthday that week i'm treating her to a meal.
samthefootball

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:59 pm

samthefootball wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Me and my Mum went on a trip to llandudno before last xmas and went on the tour bus. We went past Conwy and said in half term we should visit the castle and the town probably by just getting the train there. I have actually spoken to it about my mum this evening and decided that we are going to Conwy plus as its her birthday that week i'm treating her to a meal.

Good choice hope you thoroughly enjoy yourselves!
Edwards butchers shop Conwy!
The pub opposite!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:02 pm

samthefootball wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

When in Llandudno go up the great Orm and find the artificial ski slope .... fiver a go.
Even better the stainless steel toboggan run!
When in Llandudno you must get a sandwich or a pie or whatever snack you like from the fantastic Ham Bone deli ... just ask someone will point you in the right direction.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Jobless Oddball. » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:11 pm

Last year I went on a day trip to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball.

Postby Bella » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Jobless Oddball. wrote:Last year I went on a day trip to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you enjoy your trip,? Let us know what interested you etc :smilin: :smilin: :smilin: :smilin: :smilin:
Bella

Postby Jobless Oddball. » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:53 pm

Bella wrote:
Did you enjoy your trip,? Let us know what interested you etc :smilin: :smilin: :smilin: :smilin: :smilin:

I did shit me self when the military informed me I shouldn't be recording any footage while I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:
Jobless Oddball.

Postby Gabby » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Booked flights this week for Mallorca.... will do the usual sun, sea, sangria, sunbathing, stuffing face ritual :canny:
Gabby

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:24 pm

Poca wrote:Booked flights this week for Mallorca.... will do the usual sun, sea, sangria, sunbathing, stuffing face ritual :canny:

Excellent! They have some fantastic kid facilities there too. Enjoy!

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug