McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:26 am

TWATkins wrote:
Cannydc wrote:And there's the (typical) exaggeration.

It was one night.

They were in sight of the accommodation.

They checked on the kids regularly.

I am not saying they were right to do what they did - but I repeat - no-one is perfect.

(ps you didn't answer whether you would keep your kids under surveillance 24 / 7)

And there's the typical revisionist version of events.

It wasn't one night, it was every night. It's been well documented, and even repeated by Kate herself, that Madeleine said to her on the morning she disappeared "mummy why didn't you come last night when we were crying".

The resident in apartment above has also confirmed she heard the children crying on different nights.

And while they might have been "in sight" of the accomodation, it was still a near five minute walk to leave the bar and head out to the road to walk back up the hill to get to the flight of stairs that led up to the door.

They also couldn't see their apartment from where they were sitting as well.

I agree you can't keep an eye on children 24/7 but in that scenario they could have.

If you go on holiday with kids, you make allowances. You don't put your social life above their well being.

So, you're making judgements about their parenting and have decided they don't deserve any support because they were beyond careless?
Maybe, but they're obviously devastated at their error in judgement and trying everything to get her back.
Often being on holiday means you let your normal guard down, get into a false sense of security because you're more relaxed. They don't deserve this harsh judgement from the likes of you for that error.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:48 am

TWATkins wrote:
Cannydc wrote:And there's the (typical) exaggeration.

It was one night.

They were in sight of the accommodation.

They checked on the kids regularly.

I am not saying they were right to do what they did - but I repeat - no-one is perfect.

(ps you didn't answer whether you would keep your kids under surveillance 24 / 7)

And there's the typical revisionist version of events.

It wasn't one night, it was every night. It's been well documented, and even repeated by Kate herself, that Madeleine said to her on the morning she disappeared "mummy why didn't you come last night when we were crying".

The resident in apartment above has also confirmed she heard the children crying on different nights.

And while they might have been "in sight" of the accomodation, it was still a near five minute walk to leave the bar and head out to the road to walk back up the hill to get to the flight of stairs that led up to the door.

They also couldn't see their apartment from where they were sitting as well.

I agree you can't keep an eye on children 24/7 but in that scenario they could have.

If you go on holiday with kids, you make allowances. You don't put your social life above their well being.

Rubbish. More over egging of your pudding.

The group made a "special arrangement" to book a particular table so they could sit outside, 50 metres from where their children lay sleeping. (Evidence from a waiter at the tapas restaurant)

It was 2 minutes tops.

They were there for the last 4 nights. Not every night.

And they were checking the children every 20 minutes.
Cannydc

Postby TWAT » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Cannydc wrote:Rubbish. More over egging of your pudding.

The group made a "special arrangement" to book a particular table so they could sit outside, 50 metres from where their children lay sleeping. (Evidence from a waiter at the tapas restaurant)

It was 2 minutes tops.

They were there for the last 4 nights. Not every night.

And they were checking the children every 20 minutes.

This is your "50 meters away" .. the arrow points to the view of their apartment that they would have had.

I'm surprised you didn't trot out the old favourite that it was "like having dinner at the bottom of your garden".

But hey, it's all good though. Leaving your children alone for three hours a night in an unlocked apartment you can't see, while you go out and cane 10 bottles of wine with your buddies is all good because was only the last four nights. at the same time each night. after you've expressed concern that you felt you were being watched.
TWAT

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:57 pm

TWATkins wrote:But they'll only part with it once the £11 million pounds (and counting..) of public money finally dries up ..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... 0-11995167

Seven hundred and fifty grand really isn't very much Twat.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cannydc » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:18 pm

"But hey, it's all good though. Leaving your children alone for three hours a night in an unlocked apartment you can't see, while you go out and cane 10 bottles of wine with your buddies is all good because was only the last four nights. at the same time each night. after you've expressed concern that you felt you were being watched.
TWATkins"

Your obvious obsession is really quite disturbing - and one reason I tend to eschew these kinds of discussions normally.

The idea that people form some sort of deep emotional connection with the lives of people they don't know, haven't met and will never meet creeps me out.

Good luck to the McCanns. Endex.
Cannydc

Postby Dean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:22 pm

I’ve never understood the obsession with the McCanns case in particular. Hundreds of children go missing every year, some because of neglectful parents I’d imagine. Fuck knows why this case is any different to all the others...
Dean

Postby TWAT » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Cannydc wrote:"But hey, it's all good though. Leaving your children alone for three hours a night in an unlocked apartment you can't see, while you go out and cane 10 bottles of wine with your buddies is all good because was only the last four nights. at the same time each night. after you've expressed concern that you felt you were being watched.
TWATkins"

Your obvious obsession is really quite disturbing - and one reason I tend to eschew these kinds of discussions normally.

The idea that people form some sort of deep emotional connection with the lives of people they don't know, haven't met and will never meet creeps me out.

Excellent. Trying to pretend you have some kind of deep insight into what i feel and what I'm thinking based on ascii characters on a screen .. that one never gets old :mrgreen:
TWAT

Postby Cannydc » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:32 pm

TWATkins wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"But hey, it's all good though. Leaving your children alone for three hours a night in an unlocked apartment you can't see, while you go out and cane 10 bottles of wine with your buddies is all good because was only the last four nights. at the same time each night. after you've expressed concern that you felt you were being watched.
TWATkins"

Excellent. Trying to pretend you have some kind of deep insight into what i feel and what I'm thinking based on ascii characters on a screen .. that one never gets old :mrgreen:

Google "Endex"
Cannydc

Postby TWAT » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Aha, so this is the end of the thread because you have decreed it to be so ?
TWAT

Postby Rocthedog » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 pm

TWATkins"

Canny, I have always had my doubts about their story. OK they left their children in an unlocked apartment so they could go check on them. But what I do not buy is this ( FULLY DOCUMENTED) in her statement. Her statement reads "I went to check on my children, I could not find Madalaine. I ran back to the table shouting "THEY HAVE TAKEN HER" That statement has always stuck in my mind. Canny what would your wife shout or say to you. I,ll have a guess, some thing like " I can,t find Maddy, or Maddy is not in her bed, or Maddy is missing. not THEY HAVE TAKEN HER. ???????? The Portugese cop was also unhappy with that statement, hence his suspicions.
Rocthedog

Postby Keyser » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Dean wrote:I’ve never understood the obsession with the McCanns case in particular. Hundreds of children go missing every year, some because of neglectful parents I’d imagine. Fuck knows why this case is any different to all the others...

Because the parents are both middle class professionals.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this tragic case if it had been an unemployed father and mother from a sink estate who had left their children alone like that the gutter press would have had a field day.

I can just imagine the Heil's lurid headlines.

We will never know what happened to that little girl I suspect she was either murdered that very night or trafficked like thousands before and since. :shake head:
Keyser

Postby TWAT » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:38 am

One of the most disturbing things about this case is something the mother wrote in her book.

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her perfect little genitals torn apart"

Who would write such a thing about their child ?.
TWAT

Postby Cannydc » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:18 am

TWATkins wrote:One of the most disturbing things about this case is something the mother wrote in her book.

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her perfect little genitals torn apart"

Who would write such a thing about their child ?.

J K Rowling.
Cannydc

Postby Lionel Jesse » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Interesting to see so many people supporting what are practically child abusing/murdering scum.... (whether you believe they did or didnt, their actions directly contributed. They should have been jailed for neglect at the very least.)

The names of course are about as surprising as tomorrow being Sunday.....
Lionel Jesse

Postby George » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 am

I have been to this resort and know the Tapas bar and apartments the McCanns were using and yes they were very close but not close enough to be safe for small children to be unsupervised with the door unlocked, I personally would not have done it. But there are dozens of occasions when I did not keep my eye on the children all the time and on one or two occasions lost them.
I can totally understand the parents passion and determination to try and find Madeleine and the perceived neglect that contributed to her disappearance should not come into it.
I have no clue what happened to her but do not think the McCanns were directly responsible and I am not sure we will ever know and maybe there needs to come a time when there is a line drawn under this case.
One theory I do have though is that she wandered off in the night toward the beach and drowned, it was close to these apartments and she could have easily been dragged out to sea.
George

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs