What Are You Drinking Right Now?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby dis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:41 am

Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I use the zest for my lemon drizzle cake. De luscious!
Obvs not with waxed lemons.

Nice pics Canary, I want that drink.

I have my own lemon tree

Cool. I had a little one from IKEA, in a pot but it only lasted that year.
Wish I had a lemon and orange tree but we don't have the climate like you NZers.

Yes, I guess we are lucky... I have a huge lemon tree, don't know what to do with all those lemons, I keep telling the neighbours they can take as many as they want, as long as they leave me at least 10 on the tree...I also have a big grapefruit tree, can't give them away, no one likes them, including me. The tree was here when we bought the house, so we left it....it's quite decorative looking.

Hiya Holly :Hiya:

Do you make lemonade and lemon curd and stuff? I’ve always wanted a lemon tree but I don’t think it would grow with the climate here in Scotland. I love the smell of lemons (and limes). I’ve heard the scenery in NZ is a lot like Scotland. How does the climate in NZ compare to Australia? Do you get colder winters?
dis

Postby Holly » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 am

dis wrote:
Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I use the zest for my lemon drizzle cake. De luscious!
Obvs not with waxed lemons.

Nice pics Canary, I want that drink.

I have my own lemon tree

Cool. I had a little one from IKEA, in a pot but it only lasted that year.
Wish I had a lemon and orange tree but we don't have the climate like you NZers.

Yes, I guess we are lucky... I have a huge lemon tree, don't know what to do with all those lemons, I keep telling the neighbours they can take as many as they want, as long as they leave me at least 10 on the tree...I also have a big grapefruit tree, can't give them away, no one likes them, including me. The tree was here when we bought the house, so we left it....it's quite decorative looking.

Hiya Holly :Hiya:

Do you make lemonade and lemon curd and stuff? I’ve always wanted a lemon tree but I don’t think it would grow with the climate here in Scotland. I love the smell of lemons (and limes). I’ve heard the scenery in NZ is a lot like Scotland. How does the climate in NZ compare to Australia? Do you get colder winters?

Morning dis :Hiya:

Yes I use my lemons for many things, lemonade, with fish dished, in tea and where ever lemons are needed. I never made lemon curd, might try it one day.

NZ is subtropical...but yes some parts of the South Island might look a bit like Scotland, they also get a lot of snow in some parts..although it can get really hot in summer. I'm in the North Island (in Wellington) we don't have snow but it can get quite cold in winter on occasions. Seldom, if ever do we have minus temperatures though. However, towards the center of the NI, away from the cost, there are mountains, snow and lots of skying going on....you could say NZ has it all. The top of the NI is the warmest.
I like it in Wellington because most of the time the weather is quite moderate. Not too cold in winter and not too hot in summer. ...Except this summer, I don't remember it ever being so hot as it has been for the last couple of month....and still going :thud:
Summers are lovely and warm but never as hot as Australia I( thank God ) I've been to Oz in summer a few times where the temp would go up to 40 or even more degrees. I couldn't handle that.

ETA...I have been to OZ quite a few times in summer where the temp can get up into the 40s...no way jose could I live there...too damn hot.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby dis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Holly wrote:

Morning dis :Hiya:

Yes I use my lemons for many things, lemonade, with fish dished, in tea and where ever lemons are needed. I never made lemon curd, might try it one day.

NZ is subtropical...but yes some parts of the South Island might look a bit like Scotland, they also get a lot of snow in some parts..although it can get really hot in summer. I'm in the North Island (in Wellington) we don't have snow but it can get quite cold in winter on occasions. Seldom, if ever do we have minus temperatures though. However, towards the center of the NI, away from the cost, there are mountains, snow and lots of skying going on....you could say NZ has it all. The top of the NI is the warmest.
I like it in Wellington because most of the time the weather is quite moderate. Not too cold in winter and not too hot in summer. ...Except this summer, I don't remember it ever being so hot as it has been for the last couple of month....and still going :thud:
Summers are lovely and warm but never as hot as Australia I( thank God ) I've been to Oz in summer a few times where the temp would go up to 40 or even more degrees. I couldn't handle that.

ETA...I have been to OZ quite a few times in summer where the temp can get up into the 40s...no way jose could I live there...too damn hot.

I make lemon curd, but it sometimes gets eggy lumps in it which is brutal, but I put it through a sieve and it’s fine.

It sounds a lovely place Holly, really diverse. I’ve watched a few documentaries about mountain climbing and it looked amazing. I lived in Queensland in Australia for a while and it was fiercely hot in the summer. Brisbane had an oppressive muggy heat. It was nice knowing you’d wake up to sunshine but I missed the cold dark nights.
dis

Postby Punk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Water. :header:
Punk

Postby dis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:30 pm

Red wine.
dis

Postby Goodwife » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:32 pm

Summerfruits squash. Thinking of having something a little more hardcore
Goodwife

Postby Nucks » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Nucks

Postby Text » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Gather round people, bar's open. :yess:

Drinks are on the mods! They'll be giving us a treat!
Make mine a So Co with a twist of lemon, thanks
Don't mind if I do!

@jra :Hiya: you can nip in here for a quick tipple, there will be no one sneaking around, taking photos lol.
Will a double brandy do ya? :cheers:

:bar: :bar:
Text

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Strongbow Dark Fruit, please. :more beer:
Nucks

Postby Text » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Go Nucks!! :bell:
Sup up.
'Tis free.
Don't be shy now.

Text

Postby Star » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Rhubarb & Ginger Gin with fever tree tonic a wedge on lime & a few juniper berries, cheers :Wiiiine!:
Star

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Red bull.
Lady Murasaki

Postby dis » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Star wrote:Rhubarb & Ginger Gin with fever tree tonic a wedge on lime & a few juniper berries, cheers :Wiiiine!:

I’ll have what star is having.
dis

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 pm

On a school night? :kinell:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Actually I'm feeling a bit giddy, just had a vape, family are trying to convert me, and it's not mixing well with the red bull.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms