Altered Carbon

Reality, Sports, Game Shows and films You name it. Yak about it in here.

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:40 am

i just binge watched it at week end
holy shit it was good
i read the novel when it first came out
and this is really true to it
great cast
its an absolute fantastic much watch
:thumbsup:
google
Altered Carbon - Season 1 REPACK [WEBRip x264] - cOOt
(has hardcoded subs for the foriegn bits)

Image

Image
User avatar
Big Fat Frosty
 
Posts: 17198
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:24 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:i just binge watched it at week end
holy shit it was good
i read the novel when it first came out
and this is really true to it
great cast
its an absolute fantastic much watch
:thumbsup:
google
Altered Carbon - Season 1 REPACK [WEBRip x264] - cOOt
(has hardcoded subs for the foriegn bits)

Image

Image


Thanks for the link, right up my street. cheers :thumbsup:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby McAz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 am

I’m halfway way through - very good indeed.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31139
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 pm

isnt that already what we are doing right here right now
sleeving into another you on the internet
it has already started
all it takes now is someone to become
a very rich man who wants to be immortal
to spend enough money to make it real
:thumbsup:
User avatar
Big Fat Frosty
 
Posts: 17198
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Dean » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:08 am

Lead actors name is Takeshi. White dude. Lots of uproar about white washing.

Series like this I’ll binge in one hit. The main character is a brilliant actor. Forget Robocop... :oops:
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35616
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby McAz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:05 pm

The directing could have been tighter - fine if you’ve read the book, but absorbing concepts and story in these P K Dick type things if you haven’t is aided by a more disciplined central narrative.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31139
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Star » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:22 pm

McAz wrote:The directing could have been tighter - fine if you’ve read the book, but absorbing concepts and story in these P K Dick type things if you haven’t is aided by a more disciplined central narrative.

I can’t get into it. All this going back get me confused :bawlin:
User avatar
Star
 
Posts: 6242
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Rockstar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Since reading this thread,,It's on my watchlist now..


I wasted one and half hours of my life on The Open House... Never seen a shittier film than that... :woteva:
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 12455
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Finished the season last night. I really enjoyed it, better than the majority of things I’ve watched on Netflix recently. Star Trek finale tonight! :canny:
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 6844
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Trapper John » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 am

I've done all the Star Treks now, just started with the first two Altered Carbons not bad so far I find it very reminiscent of the original Blade Runner, even though the stories aren't even similar. :dunno:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Woooo.

The missus is out tonight with the ladies and I don't have a thing to do except watch a couple of episodes of this. Roll on home time!
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Trapper John » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Woooo.

The missus is out tonight with the ladies and I don't have a thing to do except watch a couple of episodes of this. Roll on home time!


Take care she's left you no chores to complete before her return home. You know the sort, the ones they don't tell you to do because you're expected to guess they need doing. Before you know it, 2 hours will have sped by because it's engrossing, then the panic will set in.
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Woooo.

The missus is out tonight with the ladies and I don't have a thing to do except watch a couple of episodes of this. Roll on home time!


Take care she's left you no chores to complete before her return home. You know the sort, the ones they don't tell you to do because you're expected to guess they need doing. Before you know it, 2 hours will have sped by because it's engrossing, then the panic will set in.


Loooool.

You'd be surprised at how productive and quick I can be with the household chores when I want to be. So would she probably!
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Trapper John » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Woooo.

The missus is out tonight with the ladies and I don't have a thing to do except watch a couple of episodes of this. Roll on home time!


Take care she's left you no chores to complete before her return home. You know the sort, the ones they don't tell you to do because you're expected to guess they need doing. Before you know it, 2 hours will have sped by because it's engrossing, then the panic will set in.


Loooool.

You'd be surprised at how productive and quick I can be with the household chores when I want to be. So would she probably!


I thought that once, I used to think 'how long can that take, really?' as I supped a beer and watched the football, until I found out how long it actually took to do something to someone's impossible specifications.

Anyways enjoy the show, I might catch a couple more episodes myself after the football finishes. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Altered Carbon

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Watched the first three episodes last night.

Pretty good so far and faithful to the book (especially the balance of extreme violence with humour) from what I can remember as it's been well over a decade since a last read it.

I think TJ is right when he says it has Blade Runner styling and Az when he said the directing could be a bit tighter as it might be a bit confusing without knowledge of the book.

Netflix must have a stupid amount of money as the production was better than some films.

Also, does anyone manage to keep their clothes on for more than 5 minutes as the series goes on?
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

PreviousNext

Return to Showbiz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest