Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am

It’s snowed in manchester. I pretty much slid all the way down the lane this morning, and then couldn’t get back up. I love the snow. :ooer:
NastyNickers

Postby Vicky » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 pm

NastyNickers wrote:It’s snowed in manchester. I pretty much slid all the way down the lane this morning, and then couldn’t get back up. I love the snow. :ooer:

We've got a lot of snow here today Nicks.

Jack likes it and wee Frankie the puppy next door has been eating it.

Does Bear like the snow?

:snowy:
Vicky

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:00 pm

It was trying to snow here I think. :gigglesnshit: It looked more like the tiny styrofoam balls they put in bean bag cushions though.

Lovely blue sky and sunny afterwards, but the air is still very cold when the wind picks up. :Smad:

I’m feeling like I want spring to hurry up now. The ivy is overgrown and one of the bushes needs cutting back as it’s creeping across the garden. The bees love it when it starts to come to life again. Ive just googled pictures and apparently it’s a pyracantha bush.

http://extension.msstate.edu/sites/defa ... tha300.jpg

Not the prettiest thing but it fills a gap. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Vicks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:It’s snowed in manchester. I pretty much slid all the way down the lane this morning, and then couldn’t get back up. I love the snow. :ooer:

Does Bear like the snow?

She loves it, Vicks. We had a right good frolic in it this morning. She’s perfectly suited to the snow, none of the wet got through her fur, and she doesn’t feel the cold. I wish it snowed more often and deeper. It’s a joy watching her play.

From that moment on though my day has gone from bad to worse. It’s been a cunt. If I didn’t have to sort the kids out I’d be in bed already. Maybe with a bottle of tequila. Or two bottles. :thud:
NastyNickers

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 am

Just seen on tv that there are millions of stray dogs in India with twenty thousand people a year dying of rabies .... a third of the worlds total.
The dogs live in towns in the streets.
Why not shoot them all or poison them?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:34 am

Today a sweet seven year old girl asked me to listen to a song she'd found for me on Youtube.
Had to pretend I never heard the tune before.
Grandad We Love You.
Little heart melter she is!
But I actually got to listen to the words for the first time and he's singing about thoughts of when I was a boy.
Penny farthings in the street bit before my time but it got me thinking.
I'm of the last generation where horse and cart was an everyday working tool delivering milk coal hardware groceries bricks even.
Horse and cart as a daily scene on British streets died out late sixties but here and there did carry on into the mid seventies.
Especially with rag and bone men.
Just thought I'd tell you that useless piece of information.
After me are you of a generation that is the last to see something in daily use?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Keyser » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:38 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Today a sweet seven year old girl asked me to listen to a song she'd found for me on Youtube.
Grandad We Love You.
But I actually got to listen to the words for the first time and he's singing about thoughts of when I was a boy.
I'm of the last generation where horse and cart was an everyday working tool delivering milk coal hardware groceries bricks even.
Horse and cart as a daily scene on British streets died out late sixties but here and there did carry on into the mid seventies.
After me are you of a generation that is the last to see something in daily use?

We still get a rag and bone man down here once every few weeks complete with horse and cart.

I very much doubt there will be another after him though.

Milkmen are a thing of the past.
Keyser

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:14 am

Keyser wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Today a sweet seven year old girl asked me to listen to a song she'd found for me on Youtube.
Grandad We Love You.

We still get a rag and bone man down here once every few weeks complete with horse and cart.

Wow that does surprise me!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Vicky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:47 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Does Bear like the snow?

She loves it, Vicks. We had a right good frolic in it this morning. She’s perfectly suited to the snow, none of the wet got through her fur, and she doesn’t feel the cold. I wish it snowed more often and deeper. It’s a joy watching her play.

From that moment on though my day has gone from bad to worse. It’s been a cunt. If I didn’t have to sort the kids out I’d be in bed already. Maybe with a bottle of tequila. Or two bottles. :thud:

Great dogs Newfoundland's, the only one I ever see is the one who goes shopping with his owner.

So gentle and good natured.

All the dogs round here seem to be wearing class, I even saw one wearing a wee anorak with a fur collar.

If the weather doesn't improve, I might get Jack one.

Nothing fancy, just something to keep him warm.

:doggy:
Vicky

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Grandad We Love You.

I still have a milkman deliver. I've had the same dairy co. do it for over 20 years, even after moving house. Lovely cheery bloke. And we still get 'any old iron' men doing the rounds, just not on a horse n cart.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Grandad We Love You.

I still have a milkman deliver. I've had the same dairy co. do it for over 20 years, even after moving house. Lovely cheery bloke. And we still get 'any old iron' men doing the rounds, just not on a horse n cart.

How much is a pint of milk off him?
I can't see how they can possibly make any money.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Sundaze » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 pm

We still have a milkman, and a pop man I think it's like 6 bottles of pop for £4.50
Sundaze

Postby Lambert » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Does anyone else ever mosey on up to the fridge, gaze at the contents for a moment and then walk away without actually eating anything? I did it just now. It's like something draws me towards it :ooer:
Lambert

Postby Nucks » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Lambert wrote:Does anyone else ever mosey on up to the fridge, gaze at the contents for a moment and then walk away without actually eating anything? I did it just now. It's like something draws me towards it :ooer:

It’s the light inside, your moth dna can’t resist.
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Nucks wrote:
Lambert wrote:Does anyone else ever mosey on up to the fridge, gaze at the contents for a moment and then walk away without actually eating anything? I did it just now. It's like something draws me towards it :ooer:

It’s the light inside, your moth dna can’t resist.

:snooty:

Keyser

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive