CHURCH OF ENGLAND FACING HUGE NUMBER OF SEX ABUSE CASES

Re: CHURCH OF ENGLAND FACING HUGE NUMBER OF SEX ABUSE CASES

Postby Trapper John » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:34 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:The onus is on men here. They need to own up to their own, what we women find weird, thoughts and desires, they need to open up about how unsavoury their thoughts are, even to themselves, and try to figure out why they have these desires or acknowledge how harmful it would be to act on them. Males need to talk more honestly to each other about the harmful aspect of those thoughts.

Just so as you're aware there are many instances of female paedophilia.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:The onus is on men here. They need to own up to their own, what we women find weird, thoughts and desires, they need to open up about how unsavoury their thoughts are, even to themselves, and try to figure out why they have these desires or acknowledge how harmful it would be to act on them. Males need to talk more honestly to each other about the harmful aspect of those thoughts.

Within the church? Or any other religious place?

It's true females can be sexually abusive (they're usually paid to do it though), but the scale of it is nowhere near to males.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Trapper John wrote:

I've learned a lot from this thread.

Apparently, if someone I know calls me up and days "dude, I have this urge to molest my kids" a sensible course of action is to invite them round for a soothing cup of chamomile tea and a nice chat.
Avon Barksdale

Postby calitom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 am

Guest wrote:
calitom wrote:pedophiles go to where access to children is. So every church,synagogue, school, youth sports team,day care,youth music group etc etc etc etc should screen its people thoroughly.
the horror of it -beyond the horror of the crime---is that the vast majority of the people in authority--who are innocent--get tarred with the same brush. So evil not only harms the children and their families but also harms the institutions. Religion haters(not all) glom onto these incodents in order to bash entire churches.And its usually the catholic church because they are the big kid on the block.
Its a nightmare additionally because now anyone accused of pedophilia is considered guilty.

That's the dig at Catholics out of the way.

???? thats the explanation for the normal dig at catholics. Do we speak the same language??
calitom

Postby calitom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:05 am

Red Okktober wrote:To become a priest, you have to be a bit of an oddball in the first place, have a certain type of wiring that leads you into such a vocation. Perhaps that unusual wiring is also responsible for the attraction towards kids rather than adult women? I can't think of any other occupation where child abuse is so common - the church just seems to attract these strangely-wired oddball men.

Then you have the choirboys as well, another bunch of oddballs. When most boys of that age are playing football and lusting after girls, to want to dress in all that weird choirboy clobber and sing in a high-pitched voice, is well dodgy.

Obviously the priests are the adults and must take full responsibility for their actions, but imo, the church, with all it's hushed reverential tones and collection of assorted oddballs, provides optimum conditions for child abuse to take place.

Then I suppose, many of the boys grow out of their choirboy phase and become relatively normal men, reflect and think 'what the fuck did I get caught up in back then?' - and the allegations come out.

what you say makes pretty much no sense. pedos look for places where they have access to kids. Its nothing about hushed tones...Or the 98 % who DONT engage in sick behavior would be affected.
Jesus and the apostles were all priests.In fact they became the first pope and bishops. Sorry they are just to weird for a manly man like you.
calitom

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:33 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Apparently, if someone I know calls me up and days "dude, I have this urge to molest my kids" a sensible course of action is to invite them round for a soothing cup of chamomile tea and a nice chat.

What would you do? Honing this fake liberal persona isn't doing much for humanity is it?
What if being able to talk to people you're close to makes a difference? Even if there's a tiniest chance it would help, Isn't that better than victims of abuse having to suffer the consequences?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

What would you do? Honing this fake liberal persona isn't doing much for humanity is it?
What if being able to talk to people you're close to makes a difference? Even if there's a tiniest chance it would help, Isn't that better than victims of abuse having to suffer the consequences?

I'd report it to Social Services / the Police. I hope they would explore all options, including therapeutic, away from the community at large. If it was conclusively shown they were not a threat and would not offend then they should be allowed back into the community. If not then they can stay in a secure unit until that time. I am happy for my taxes to be used in that way to include treatment options.

That, for me, is where my duties to potential paedophiles begin and end. I have no duty to listen to them. I have no duty to try and understand them. I have no duty to fix them. I have no duty to try and make themselves feel better about themselves. I will leave that to people who are properly trained and know what they are doing.

I do have a duty to my family, to protect them, and to reduce their exposure to harm to the lowest level possible. I understand that the risk of offending is small but the magnitude of harm if it did occur enormous. So, no, even if it had the possibility of even the tiniest difference in talking it out would I do so. If that person has the capacity to know it is wrong and reveal it to me they have the capacity and responsibility to approach the relevant authorities in the first place.

If people want to stay paedophile outreach programs then more power to them. I hope they are successful. Just don't expect me or my family to bear the risk of someone else's fine principles.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm

calitom wrote:what you say makes pretty much no sense. pedos look for places where they have access to kids. Its nothing about hushed tones...Or the 98 % who DONT engage in sick behavior would be affected.
Jesus and the apostles were all priests.In fact they became the first pope and bishops. Sorry they are just to weird for a manly man like you.

Are you saying paedos go through all the training (assuming they are capable of passing) associated with becoming a priest, to get a job where they can access kids? They have no interest in religion at all, it's just a cover so they be near their victims? Wouldn't it be far easier to get a job as an ice cream man or a bouncy castle salesman?

Assuming you went to a normal school, if any of your classmates went on to become priests, I'd be surprised if they weren't a bit 'different' to the other kids at that age. My point is, whatever it is that makes them different enough to want to join the church could also be part of what makes them different in their sexuality.

There's no denying the church attracts a 'certain type', and also provides a unique working environment.
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:43 pm

Cannydc wrote:Church of England spending on issues relating to sexual abuse has increased fivefold since 2014 and the most recent figures show it is facing more than 3,300 allegations.

The disclosures come as the church prepares to face intense scrutiny by the independent inquiry into child sexual abuse (IICSA), which starts hearing evidence next month.

“This will not be an easy couple of years – we will hear deeply painful accounts of abuse, of poor response, of ‘cover-up’. We will … feel a deep sense of shame,” Peter Hancock, the bishop of Bath and Wells and the C of E’s lead bishop on safeguarding, told the general synod in London.

Many survivors of clerical sexual abuse “remain deeply mistrustful, suspicious and angry towards the church,” he said.

The C of E said that in 2016 it was dealing with more than 3,300 reports of sexual abuse within its parishes, the vast majority relating to “children, young people and vulnerable adults within church communities”.

Almost one in five of the reports were made against clergy and other church officials, with the rest relating to other members of the congregation who volunteer within the church.

So, no real surprise that it isn't just the Catlicks at it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... res-reveal

And that's not including the Catholics or Christians grooming kids online.
No doubt some racist moron, who hates Asians, will deflect and mention Muslims. :leer:

Postby Ray Moore » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:37 am

calitom wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:To become a priest, you have to be a bit of an oddball in the first place, have a certain type of wiring that leads you into such a vocation. Perhaps that unusual wiring is also responsible for the attraction towards kids rather than adult women? I can't think of any other occupation where child abuse is so common - the church just seems to attract these strangely-wired oddball men.

Then you have the choirboys as well, another bunch of oddballs. When most boys of that age are playing football and lusting after girls, to want to dress in all that weird choirboy clobber and sing in a high-pitched voice, is well dodgy.

Obviously the priests are the adults and must take full responsibility for their actions, but imo, the church, with all it's hushed reverential tones and collection of assorted oddballs, provides optimum conditions for child abuse to take place.

Then I suppose, many of the boys grow out of their choirboy phase and become relatively normal men, reflect and think 'what the fuck did I get caught up in back then?' - and the allegations come out.

what you say makes pretty much no sense. pedos look for places where they have access to kids. Its nothing about hushed tones...Or the 98 % who DONT engage in sick behavior would be affected.

Why does Trump like to many paedos, wife beaters and racists?
Ray Moore

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I'd report it to Social Services / the Police. I hope they would explore all options, including therapeutic, away from the community at large. If it was conclusively shown they were not a threat and would not offend then they should be allowed back into the community. If not then they can stay in a secure unit until that time. I am happy for my taxes to be used in that way to include treatment options.

That, for me, is where my duties to potential paedophiles begin and end. I have no duty to listen to them. I have no duty to try and understand them. I have no duty to fix them. I have no duty to try and make themselves feel better about themselves. I will leave that to people who are properly trained and know what they are doing.

I do have a duty to my family, to protect them, and to reduce their exposure to harm to the lowest level possible. I understand that the risk of offending is small but the magnitude of harm if it did occur enormous. So, no, even if it had the possibility of even the tiniest difference in talking it out would I do so. If that person has the capacity to know it is wrong and reveal it to me they have the capacity and responsibility to approach the relevant authorities in the first place.

If people want to stay paedophile outreach programs then more power to them. I hope they are successful. Just don't expect me or my family to bear the risk of someone else's fine principles.

Yeah, good points, well made.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Listen, I don't see why you are intent on provoking me but...

Wait, what?

Well this isn't going to be much fun if we end up agreeing.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Listen, I don't see why you are intent on provoking me but...

Wait, what?

Well this isn't going to be much fun if we end up agreeing.

I'm a bit tired but felt I should answer after you'd gone to all that effort. I'll be back to normal tomorrow. :mrgreen:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Tommy Robinson » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Church of England spending on issues relating to sexual abuse has increased fivefold since 2014 and the most recent figures show it is facing more than 3,300 allegations.

The disclosures come as the church prepares to face intense scrutiny by the independent inquiry into child sexual abuse (IICSA), which starts hearing evidence next month.

“This will not be an easy couple of years – we will hear deeply painful accounts of abuse, of poor response, of ‘cover-up’. We will … feel a deep sense of shame,” Peter Hancock, the bishop of Bath and Wells and the C of E’s lead bishop on safeguarding, told the general synod in London.

Many survivors of clerical sexual abuse “remain deeply mistrustful, suspicious and angry towards the church,” he said.

The C of E said that in 2016 it was dealing with more than 3,300 reports of sexual abuse within its parishes, the vast majority relating to “children, young people and vulnerable adults within church communities”.

Almost one in five of the reports were made against clergy and other church officials, with the rest relating to other members of the congregation who volunteer within the church.

So, no real surprise that it isn't just the Catlicks at it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... res-reveal

And that's not including the Catholics or Christians grooming kids online.
No doubt some racist moron, who hates Asians, will deflect and mention Muslims. :leer:

Not one condemnation from the people who errrm, cough cough, speak for children's rights.
Sick cunts.
Tommy Robinson

Postby calitom » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
calitom wrote:what you say makes pretty much no sense. pedos look for places where they have access to kids. Its nothing about hushed tones...Or the 98 % who DONT engage in sick behavior would be affected.

Are you saying paedos go through all the training (assuming they are capable of passing) associated with becoming a priest, to get a job where they can access kids? They have no interest in religion at all, it's just a cover so they be near their victims? Wouldn't it be far easier to get a job as an ice cream man or a bouncy castle salesman?

Assuming you went to a normal school, if any of your classmates went on to become priests, I'd be surprised if they weren't a bit 'different' to the other kids at that age. My point is, whatever it is that makes them different enough to want to join the church could also be part of what makes them different in their sexuality.

There's no denying the church attracts a 'certain type', and also provides a unique working environment.

complete and utter nonsense. its like saying why do teachers go thru all that training just to get near kids when they could be out selling ice cream. Its not the same access.
People dont all of a sudden become pedos out of nowhere. And there is nothing about being a teacher or a priest or a church of england priest that makes one a pedo
The celibacy argument doesnt make any sense either because pedophilia in the non catholic churches is actually slighter higher...and those priests and pastors are married.
calitom

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs