First modern Britain was a black man

Re: First modern Britain was a black man

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:28 pm

Maddog wrote:According to the article, he came after other humans had been wiped out. Were these other humans not modern?

And, it said he came after the last Ice Age. Did these people have boats to cross the channel?

Did the Channel freeze up a few times after the Ice Age and they walked across.

Or, are they actually visitors from another planet? :leer: :ooer:

It's all an Ice Age conspiracy.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cleopatra » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:03 am

Trapper John wrote:I find all these things a bit trite really, the fact is they haven't got a fucking clue what colour his skin was just like they haven't got a clue about much in archeology and anthropology except from what bones and artifacts can tell them.

Skin colour is gonna be chicken and egg - dark skin pigment protects from the sun, so why did nature not leave it that way when people travelled north - can't think of why it would be a hinderance?

Is there any benefit in northern climes from not having dark skin? - seems so, if we go by the word of anthropologists, but what? :dunno:

So why weren't we all pale skinned then nature gave those living in hot climes a pigment to protect them, reverting to it's original shade when it became less necessary?

The OP is just another of those made up PC bollox articles meant to make people believe and give them something to quote whenever the issue of race gets brought up.

Fodder for the twats like the one who started this thread. :shake head:

Look up Vitamin D.
Cleopatra

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:19 am

Cleopatra wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I find all these things a bit trite really, the fact is they haven't got a fucking clue what colour his skin was just like they haven't got a clue about much in archeology and anthropology except from what bones and artifacts can tell them.

Skin colour is gonna be chicken and egg - dark skin pigment protects from the sun, so why did nature not leave it that way when people travelled north - can't think of why it would be a hinderance?

Is there any benefit in northern climes from not having dark skin? - seems so, if we go by the word of anthropologists, but what? :dunno:

So why weren't we all pale skinned then nature gave those living in hot climes a pigment to protect them, reverting to it's original shade when it became less necessary?

The OP is just another of those made up PC bollox articles meant to make people believe and give them something to quote whenever the issue of race gets brought up.

Look up Vitamin D.

Good point but vitamin D comes mainly from the sources early man would have been accessing as hunter gatherers, like meat, fish, berries, eggs, milk, etc.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Cleopatra » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:26 am

Trapper John wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Look up Vitamin D.

Good point but vitamin D comes mainly from the sources early man would have been accessing as hunter gatherers, like meat, fish, berries, eggs, milk, etc.

It's known as the sunshine vitamin. Our bodies need sunshine to help us absorb calcium and phosphate. We do get small amounts from our diet but we are now beginning to see rickets make a comeback in children. The advice is to take a supplement through the winter months. It is the only supplement recommended by the NHS as being beneficial. White skin absorbs sunshine more easily than black skin. I don't pretend to know much about anthropology but much of it seems pretty much common sense. We adapt to our surroundings.
Cleopatra

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Off at a tangent, I wonder what it must have looked like and been like to live in Britain when the ice was locked up at the poles?

The whole North Sea basin was a vast plain stretching to Scandinavia. I suppose you could have stood on what is now a beach in any east England county at a vantage point, it being a plateau then.

Keeping an eye out for cave bears, you could have looked down from on high at the area now beneath the waves covered in over half a million square miles of grassland with herds of wooly mammoths, giant bison and deer, sabre toothed cats and direwolves.

It must have been a frightening place but a magnificent one too. Neanderthal man was the apex predator and perfectly equipped to live in those days, the most successful hominid species ever.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Maddog » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:According to the article, he came after other humans had been wiped out. Were these other humans not modern?

No they weren't.

Here are some Satanic writing that say the Bible is full of shit about creationism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_ ... _evolution

And, it said he came after the last Ice Age. Did these people have boats to cross the channel?

No he walked, it was a nice day and he needed the exercise

Did the Channel freeze up a few times after the Ice Age and they walked across.

No it was a shallow tidal lagoon he walked across

Or, are they actually visitors from another planet? :leer: :ooer:

Or maybe he was Moses and God parted the sea for him

Outside of the tidal lagoon part, that was less than helpful. :whistle:
Maddog

Postby Keyser » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Trapper John wrote:Off at a tangent, I wonder what it must have looked like and been like to live in Britain when the ice was locked up at the poles?

The whole North Sea basin was a vast plain stretching to Scandinavia. I suppose you could have stood on what is now a beach in any east England county at a vantage point, it being a plateau then.

Keeping an eye out for cave bears, you could have looked down from on high at the area now beneath the waves covered in over half a million square miles of grassland with herds of wooly mammoths, giant bison and deer, sabre toothed cats and direwolves.

It must have been a frightening place but a magnificent one too. Neanderthal man was the apex predator and perfectly equipped to live in those days, the most successful hominid species ever.

Good post TJ! :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby calitom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 am

Guest wrote:The first modern Briton had “dark to black” skin, groundbreaking new analysis of his 10,000-year-old remains has revealed.

Britain’s oldest complete skeleton, known as Cheddar Man, was unearthed more than a century ago in Gough’s Cave in Somerset.

But an unprecedented examination of his DNA, along with a facial reconstruction of the fossil, shows the young man would have had a darker complexion than previously thought, along with blue eyes and dark, curly hair.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... e=Facebook

:mrgreen: Wonder what the racists will make of this!

if they dug him up out of the dirt after thousands of years of course his skin would be dark. Duhh.
calitom

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:55 am

calitom wrote:
Guest wrote:The first modern Briton had “dark to black” skin, groundbreaking new analysis of his 10,000-year-old remains has revealed.

Britain’s oldest complete skeleton, known as Cheddar Man, was unearthed more than a century ago in Gough’s Cave in Somerset.

But an unprecedented examination of his DNA, along with a facial reconstruction of the fossil, shows the young man would have had a darker complexion than previously thought, along with blue eyes and dark, curly hair.

if they dug him up out of the dirt after thousands of years of course his skin would be dark. Duhh.

You didn't read the article did you, and you think a body would have skin on it after thousands of years you muppet. :shame: :pointlaugh:

Postby jra » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:46 am

McAz wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:it could be as simple as eyes evolved quicker than skin
to the northern climate
eyes being more important than skin
:dunno:

Except that without skin, you'd be dead.

What happened to Aziz's comment about the bloke being an 'ugly sod'?

I deleted it in case JRA thought I was having a pop. The bloke remains an ugly sod however.

What. I didn't even know this thread existed until now.
jra

Postby Dean » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:24 am

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
to the northern climate

I deleted it in case JRA thought I was having a pop. The bloke remains an ugly sod however.

Do you just search for your own name so you can reply? :off head:
Dean

Postby jra » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:09 am

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
to the northern climate

No.

But, if people are going to mention me in threads I haven't posted in, how else am I supposed to find this out without a search. Also, I have a right to reply.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 am

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
Red Okktober wrote: Except that without skin, you'd be dead.

No.

But, if people are going to mention me in threads I haven't posted in, how else am I supposed to find this out without a search. Also, I have a right to reply.

Seems important to you.
The fossil and your av do have a sameness about them.
Who is the ugly munter anyway?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:24 am

Guest wrote:
calitom wrote:

You didn't read the article did you, and you think a body would have skin on it after thousands of years you muppet. :shame: :pointlaugh:

6000 year old + bodies turn up quite often in archeological terms, complete with skin, hair, the contents of their last meal in their stomachs and sometimes even the clothes on their backs.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby jra » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Seems important to you.
The fossil and your av do have a sameness about them.
Who is the ugly munter anyway?

It's not particularly important. I was looking for something else in the DS/DTV threads. And you reckon my avi is of an ugly munter. Is that what you are saying? You need to get your eyes tested, seriously.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs