Soulmates!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Soulmates!

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:04 pm

what if you're with someone for years and they think you are their soulmate but you know they aren't yours

that's a bit sad really, and a big responsibility
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Star » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:07 pm

TWATkins wrote:
Goodwife wrote:Aww thats a bit sad Jason. I kind of knew that having seen some of your posts on DS.

I believe in soul mates but I don't think you just have one. If you do I am screwed :mrgreen:

I think you can meet more than one person who is highly compatible with you. A mate of mine has - he was with one partner for over 10 years and he's been with his current partner, and now wife, for about 15.

Stooo wrote:Fair enough, I didn't mean to pry.

Star wrote:Sorry Twatkins I didn’t mean to go on about it.

Don't be silly you daft buggers, it's not like i've lost a leg or 'owt :)

The only reason I won't go in to detail is probably because it's just not very interesting, or that i've spilled it all on DS over the years. Or both ..

Cheers T :smilin:
Star

Postby dis » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:07 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:what if you're with someone for years and they think you are their soulmate but you know they aren't yours

That would be shit. I know someone who feels like that and they just can’t leave. They are so unhappy, it’s a horrible situation to be in.
dis

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:13 pm

dis wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:what if you're with someone for years and they think you are their soulmate but you know they aren't yours

That would be shit. I know someone who feels like that and they just can’t leave. They are so unhappy, it’s a horrible situation to be in.

That’s so sad. You can’t force yourself to love someone, and I think you have to be cruel to be kind in that kind of situation.
NastyNickers

Postby dis » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:15 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
dis wrote:

That’s so sad. You can’t force yourself to love someone, and I think you have to be cruel to be kind in that kind of situation.

I know, they have felt this way for years, but the other person depends on them so much they know leaving them would send them over the edge. It’s heartbreaking.
dis

Postby Nucks » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Goodwife wrote:Aww thats a bit sad Jason. I kind of knew that having seen some of your posts on DS.

I believe in soul mates but I don't think you just have one. If you do I am screwed :mrgreen:

I also think it’s possible to have more than one soulmate. Not sure about fate and all that, but you can have a very strong connection with someone more than once in your life.

Longevity doesn’t necessarily equal a good thing. I’ve seen couples who have been together a long time and can barely stand the sight of each other. And while I understand the concept of being with your partner through thick and thin, for better or worse, if it gets to the point where you’re both miserable, not sure there was a soulmate thing ever going on there.
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:21 pm

dis wrote:
I know, they have felt this way for years, but the other person depends on them so much they know leaving them would send them over the edge. It’s heartbreaking.

I can understand that. I have chronic migraines, so I’m always in varying degrees of pain and rely on everyone around me. I’m controlling it better these days (ignoring this past week which has been horrendous), but it’s still a worry you become a burden and kind of ‘trap’ them.

Poor sods. That’s no way to live :shake head:
NastyNickers

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms