What you up to today?

Big Threads

Re: What you up to today?

Postby measurer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Star wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
measurer wrote:No, we book it for the start of September usually - bit of a tradition tbh. I am a fair freak and have to talk my son into going with me! ( It's not as much fun yourself!). He indulges me - grudgingly!
And yes, Marton Mere. I have some lovely shots of the Tower taken from the mere, as the birds are flocking and the sun is setting.

Ahhh. My in laws have one there, so the kids spend most of their weekends there. Me not so much, I’m not built for caravan, I freeze my fucking tits off trying to sleep there. I love taking the dog down for the day though and walking the mere.

Are they like those static homes. They look lovely, I wouldn’t mind one of those when I’m retiring age.

Aye Star. There are 2 large circular areas away from the hire vans, and they are God damned stunning - like mini houses! I have a nose when walking the dog. Must be costing them a fortune if you add on site fees too.
measurer

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:35 pm

Star wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
measurer wrote:No, we book it for the start of September usually - bit of a tradition tbh. I am a fair freak and have to talk my son into going with me! ( It's not as much fun yourself!). He indulges me - grudgingly!
And yes, Marton Mere. I have some lovely shots of the Tower taken from the mere, as the birds are flocking and the sun is setting.

Ahhh. My in laws have one there, so the kids spend most of their weekends there. Me not so much, I’m not built for caravan, I freeze my fucking tits off trying to sleep there. I love taking the dog down for the day though and walking the mere.

Are they like those static homes. They look lovely, I wouldn’t mind one of those when I’m retiring age.

Yes! There’s a few that are bigger than my house. I’d live in one of them, they are lovely. There’s even a little gated community on the mere site, with big posh ‘vans.

My in laws is a bog standard 3 bedroom/2 toilet. They have another down in Prestatyn too, but they rent that out more. They also have around 10 abroad holidays a year. They are quantity over quality, but enjoy themselves. And the kids bloody love it.
NastyNickers

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Bloody pikeys...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Star » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:53 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Star wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Yes! There’s a few that are bigger than my house. I’d live in one of them, they are lovely. There’s even a little gated community on the mere site, with big posh ‘vans.

My in laws is a bog standard 3 bedroom/2 toilet. They have another down in Prestatyn too, but they rent that out more. They also have around 10 abroad holidays a year. They are quantity over quality, but enjoy themselves. And the kids bloody love it.

They look lovely. There was a program on the telly last year that showed these static retirement homes, bloody beautiful inside.
Star

Postby Star » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Stooo wrote:Bloody pikeys...

:shame:
Star

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Stooo wrote:Bloody pikeys...

:snooty:
Dya wanna buy a dog?
NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Need a new driveway laid mate? Here's my card..... :leer:
measurer

Postby Nucks » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:44 pm

measurer wrote:Need a new driveway laid mate? Here's my card..... :leer:

:gigglesnshit:

Walking home Thursday afternoon, two lads in a big white van pulled over and gave some spiel about having delivered a bunch of mattresses to a large local hotel and having some leftover ones available for low prices. Pretty sure they were gypsies. A fiend of mine goes to the car boot sale out at Whyndyke Farm and says many sellers get harrassed and swindled by the local gypsies. They travel together in large groups and intimidate sellers who are often on their own.
Nucks

Postby Text » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:08 pm

We parked the car and had a long walk all around Sheffield city centre all afternoon. Good weekend exercise!

At WHS I convinced the checkout lady to allow me to use two special offers together - the buy one, get one half price offer on two paperbacks PLUS £5 off when you spend over £15. Retailers don't usually allow simultaneous deals. Moreover she did not press the issue when I could not find the flipping voucher, she took the money off anyway, using someone else's voucher.

I have now found the original voucher so I have till midnight to call any young family member to gift them the discount code to buy something online. Before it expires. :wink:

The Books were
THE MARRIAGE PACT [michelle richmond]
HOW TO STOP TIME [matt haig]
plus I got a few other pretty stationery items.
Text

Postby Text » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:13 pm

We are also making plans to return to Kent to revisit my sister. At the end of the month.

Approx 200 miles via the unscenic route!! Worth it tho. She's my sis!!
Text

Postby measurer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:22 pm

Nucks wrote:
measurer wrote:Need a new driveway laid mate? Here's my card..... :leer:

:gigglesnshit:

Walking home Thursday afternoon, two lads in a big white van pulled over and gave some spiel about having delivered a bunch of mattresses to a large local hotel and having some leftover ones available for low prices. Pretty sure they were gypsies. A fiend of mine goes to the car boot sale out at Whyndyke Farm and says many sellers get harrassed and swindled by the local gypsies. They travel together in large groups and intimidate sellers who are often on their own.

Yep, they've been up here recently. The stories I could tell......... :shake head:
measurer

Postby dis » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Canary wrote:We are also making plans to return to Kent to revisit my sister. At the end of the month.

Approx 200 miles via the unscenic route!! Worth it tho. She's my sis!!

I love long drives in the car but I do prefer the scenic routes. We go for runs sometimes just to look at the braw scenery.

All my close family are less than 1/2 hour drive from me.

Have a lovely time :smilin:
dis

Postby Lucian Deville » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:44 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Ive been to a hospital appointment this morning and got good news, so I’m gunna spend the day curled up on the couch, and then maybe go out for something to eat later if I can muster up the energy.

Hi Streakynickers

We is glad that your appointment went very well.

Enjoy the rest of your eveneing.

:smilin: :smilin:
Lucian Deville

Postby jp761 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Nowt wrong with Blackpool, if you haven't had a lads or ladette Holiday there you haven't lived. Lytham St Annes is up the road if you want a bit more class.
jp761

Postby Goodwife » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:14 pm

I have left it a bit late to go out now. Going to watch more crap tv and have an early night

Watched a film called demolition earlier. No idea what was going on but Jake Gyllenhaal :wubbers: :wubbers:
Goodwife

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive