Gardening

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Gardening

Postby Major » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:04 pm

I bought some 'Pink Fir Apple' seed potatoes again today.

I do not eat many boiled spuds but these are AI for taste and texture.

I do not have any garden as such, just 3 raised bed areas but last year I had quite a reasonable crop from just a few seed potatoes.

Can be grown in pots or bags.

Has anyone else eaten any????

Recommended.
Major
Twat.

Re: Gardening

Postby Nucks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:21 am

Never tried that kind of potato.

I don’t have anywhere to grow a garden, just a small bit for greenery and flowers. The nearest allotment isn’t close enough to make it feasible for me as I don’t drive.

We had a fella one year come to our door selling potatoes, supposedly from his allotment/garden. I was tempted but he wanted close to 10x what I would pay at Asda for the same amount. Sorry, but that was a bit of a pisstake.
Nucks

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:24 am

Not tried them. A fan of cypriot and egyptian. And I don't generaly buy Israeli, they are nic potatoes. As tor price of goods. People forget the effort it takes. Value is derived on the amount of food nessesary to compleate a task. Mining an ounce of gold takes about a year. The reason it's true value is close to GBP GDP per cap.

Combine harvester was invented near 150 years ago. That dose not take away the human efort where value is derived. We used to have copper in our pennies. Now 20p and 50p and £2 are the only coins with out steal in them.
art0hur0moh

Postby Nucks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:17 am

art0hur0moh wrote:Not tried them. A fan of cypriot and egyptian. And I don't generaly buy Israeli, they are nic potatoes. As tor price of goods. People forget the effort it takes. Value is derived on the amount of food nessesary to compleate a task. Mining an ounce of gold takes about a year. The reason it's true value is close to GBP GDP per cap.

Combine harvester was invented near 150 years ago. That dose not take away the human efort where value is derived. We used to have copper in our pennies. Now 20p and 50p and £2 are the only coins with out steal in them.

I do get that there would be a mark-up, but for me the amount was not reasonable. I guess I assumed people had allotments for mostly personal use and not to grow veg for profit. Getting rid of surplus so it won’t spoil is sensible, but it still should be a fair price.
Nucks

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 am

Started a bit of gardening yesterday, sun was out so was I. Mostly clearing dead growth away and watering the potted plants.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Major » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:15 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Started a bit of gardening yesterday, sun was out so was I. Mostly clearing dead growth away and watering the potted plants.

Work this out - when you next buy a bag of spuds calculate the price for each potato, you will not believe the extortionate price from all supermarkets
Major
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 am

Major wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Started a bit of gardening yesterday, sun was out so was I. Mostly clearing dead growth away and watering the potted plants.

Work this out - when you next buy a bag of spuds calculate the price for each potato, you will not believe the extortionate price from all supermarkets

Of course it's cheaper to grow your own but you have to put the work in. I grow my own tomatoes, courgettes, herbs and chillies. This year I might have a go at potatoes, you can grow them in a bag/sack apparently.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Major » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:27 am

I forget the name but the nicest toms I have ever had were a really small orange colour, will try to find the name.
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Major wrote:I forget the name but the nicest toms I have ever had were a really small orange colour, will try to find the name.

Tangerines?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:57 pm

My toms are gardeners delight. Very easy to grow, as long as you look after them.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:26 pm

Major wrote:I bought some 'Pink Fir Apple' seed potatoes again today.

I do not eat many boiled spuds but these are AI for taste and texture.

I do not have any garden as such, just 3 raised bed areas but last year I had quite a reasonable crop from just a few seed potatoes.

Can be grown in pots or bags.

Has anyone else eaten any????

Recommended.

you posted a picture of a huge garden & said it was yours.

Postby Major » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:19 pm

It may well have been.
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:27 pm

Major wrote:It may well have been.

you said in your op you don't have a garden ...

Postby Major » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:59 am

Guest wrote:

lyimg backward troll, quote me or sod off.], you missed out "as such" and explained
" just 3 raised bed areas".

You cannot resist derailing and goading EVERY thread, dunno how you get away with it.
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Major wrote:
Guest wrote:

lyimg backward troll, quote me or sod off.], you missed out "as such" and explained
" just 3 raised bed areas".

You cannot resist derailing and goading EVERY thread, dunno how you get away with it.

caught out yet again starbold, you forget your own lies.

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug