Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:if you are clean why do u need perfume
if your house is clean
why do you need air freshener
:dunno:

Best air freshener comes from opening the window.

spring is upon us brother jack...
:mrgreen:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:07 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
if your house is clean

The washing line has been full this last few days but the ice is coming back for a while!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
if your house is clean

The washing line has been full this last few days but the ice is coming back for a while!

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air...
Big Fat Frosty

Postby jra » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Holly wrote:Awwwww :wubbers:

Such beautiful and sweet dogs those Golden Retrievers, no vicious bone in their body!!!

The vast majority yes, but I have been bitten by a Golden Retriever. All dogs have the potential to attack.
jra

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 am

jra wrote:

Such beautiful and sweet dogs those Golden Retrievers, no vicious bone in their body!!!

The vast majority yes, but I have been bitten by a Golden Retriever. All dogs have the potential to attack.

they dont like you...
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:17 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
if your house is clean

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air...

Fresh air hopefully .....
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:32 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:
jra wrote:

they dont like you...

The feeling is mutual.

If a dog runs out from a house into a road for no apparent reason while you are riding past on a bicycle and bites you, when you are young boy, then you'll understand. That was one of two dog bites I've received and until the day I die I'll never completely trust dogs. Two tetanus injections later (causing a lot of time and inconvenience, as the nearest hospital was 6 miles away and had to go by car) and a few decades on I feel no differently in my mistrust of dogs. My parents would have had both the dogs put down (the other was an Alsatian) if the owners weren't friends in the neighborhood. Dogs IMO are dirty dangerous pests in the main.

Dean. Here's another opportunity for you wishing me dead. Death by dog bite.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 am

jra wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:
jra wrote:

they dont like you...

The feeling is mutual.

If a dog runs out from a house into a road for no apparent reason while you are riding past on a bicycle and bites you, when you are young boy, then you'll understand. That was one of two dog bites I've received and until the day I die I'll never completely trust dogs. Two tetanus injections later (causing a lot of time and inconvenience, as the nearest hospital was 6 miles away and had to go by car) and a few decades on I feel no differently in my mistrust of dogs. My parents would have had both the dogs put down (the other was an Alsatian) if the owners weren't friends in the neighborhood. Dogs IMO are dirty dangerous pests in the main.

We're a strange lot J us humans.
Taking dogs cats birds fish into the hearts of our homes.
Done it myself most of my life but unlike some I've never let animals onto the furniture and certainly not onto my bed.
In fact I won't even let them into the bedrooms.
Ever.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Goodwife » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:16 am

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:i am off on holiday next week so it better not be baltic :kinell:

Stooo just wondered how possible it is for you to add new smilies?

I would like an eyebrow raising one :mrgreen:

Send me a link of one early on Friday evening on this thread. Alert it as well and nag me a bit.

:yikes: You want me to send a link ? :pmsl: Oh dear I predict this is all going to end in tears

One or both of us is going to wish I never asked :mrgreen:
Goodwife

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:57 am

Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:i am off on holiday next week so it better not be baltic :kinell:

Stooo just wondered how possible it is for you to add new smilies?

I would like an eyebrow raising one :mrgreen:

Send me a link of one early on Friday evening on this thread. Alert it as well and nag me a bit.

:yikes: You want me to send a link ? :pmsl: Oh dear I predict this is all going to end in tears

One or both of us is going to wish I never asked :mrgreen:

This one

Or this one?

Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:59 am

Oh great, they don't fit!

Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:59 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:
jra wrote:

they dont like you...

The feeling is mutual.

Done it myself most of my life but unlike some I've never let animals onto the furniture and certainly not onto my bed.
Ever.

I've got more time for cats, as they very rarely attack a human unless provoked. How often do you see a cat on a lead in town? They don't need to be. Dogs need to be on leads, especially the larger and/or more aggressive breads, in urban areas. When was the last time a toddler was killed by a domestic cat? Cats are pretty well self sufficient unlike most dogs IMO. My dad's cats were semi-feral, caught all their own food and weren't allowed in the house. They had a cat bed in an outhouse. Dogs are very useful in certain circumstances, e.g. assistance/guide dogs and in crime prevention, but as pets can be problematic, mostly due to their owners.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:02 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:
jra wrote:they dont like you...

The feeling is mutual.

Ever.

I've got more time for cats, as they very rarely attack a human unless provoked. How often do you see a cat on a lead in town? They don't need to be. Dogs need to be on leads, especially the larger and/or more aggressive breads, in urban areas. When was the last time a toddler was killed by a domestic cat? Cats are pretty well self sufficient unlike most dogs IMO. My dad's cats were semi-feral, caught all their own food and weren't allowed in the house. They had a cat bed in an outhouse. Dogs are very useful in certain circumstances, e.g. assistance/guide dogs and in crime prevention, but as pets can be problematic, mostly due to their owners.

I can't stand cats.
Shit any and everywhere on other peoples property.
There should be a cull.
When I hd the farm I had ten cats living in sheds to keep down the mice and rat populations.
They removed all trace of rats but didn't do so well against the mice.
Kept the numbers well down though.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Neutered cats are ok.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Foxy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:18 pm

We put some prickle strip on top of our fences to stop cats coming over. It's plastic and doesn't cut but it does deter them. So our neighbour cut a hole in the fence so his cat could get through and crap on my garden. I complained and it turned into a huge row. Now we don't speak.

I love dogs but am not keen on cats.
Foxy

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive