LEXI'S SOAP WATCH

Re: LEXI'S SOAP WATCH

Postby Nucks » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Keyser wrote:
Nucks wrote:I see Aiden (Eastenders) as just an improbable villain/tough guy as Phil. He must be in his 70’s ffs, what hasn’t someone kicked his pimp stick away and clocked him a good one?

At least he has an organisation behind him - with heavies to do the work.

The Philth has no one - which is why we have been subjected to preposterous scenes like him threatening/beating up Steve, Dan, Dennis, Den, Johnny (who would simply have ordered his death for forcing that idiot Juley to take his daughters virginity), Sean, Archie, Jase, Connor, Andrew, Lucas, Jack, Carl, Charlie and Vincent - the list goes on and on and on.

He ruins the show.

I can’t explain it, perhaps it’s because Phil is a fixture/icon but I could watch him in every episode, while Aiden bores me to no end. I don’t find him interesting or threatening or compelling in any way. I want them to wrap the storyline up and put him on a long boat to Ireland.
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:05 am

Nucks wrote:
I can’t explain it, perhaps it’s because Phil is a fixture/icon but I could watch him in every episode, while Aiden bores me to no end. I don’t find him interesting or threatening or compelling in any way. I want them to wrap the storyline up and put him on a long boat to Ireland.

Well exactly. Any hard man worth their weight would have had their own guys rob the ex missus. He wouldn’t have had to risk it all on a collection of fucking idiots.

The whole thing with Vincent fucks me off too. As if he’d spend months just waiting round like that. :roll:
NastyNickers

Postby jp761 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:12 am

Nucks wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Nucks wrote:I see Aiden (Eastenders) as just an improbable villain/tough guy as Phil. He must be in his 70’s ffs, what hasn’t someone kicked his pimp stick away and clocked him a good one?

At least he has an organisation behind him - with heavies to do the work.

The Philth has no one - which is why we have been subjected to preposterous scenes like him threatening/beating up Steve, Dan, Dennis, Den, Johnny (who would simply have ordered his death for forcing that idiot Juley to take his daughters virginity), Sean, Archie, Jase, Connor, Andrew, Lucas, Jack, Carl, Charlie and Vincent - the list goes on and on and on.

He ruins the show.

Steve is actually very at good at what he does. He is watchable. He doesn't need to be 6" 3 and 18 stone, hanging around with real life gangsters(hard men) of all shapes and sizes in his time, probably helped his acting ability. I'm sure he learnt a thing or two about attitude, bravado, and how to hold himself.

Sorry Keyser just my opinion. :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Anyone watch Corrie?
Is Phelan moonlighting as Phil ‘the power’ taylor?! They look so alike!
NastyNickers

Postby Hilda Ogden » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:08 am

As of yesterday Corrie is officially the worlds longest running soap opera.

More and more people are tuning into classic Corrie on ITV3 and comparing it to the modern Corrie.

Saddest of all,Hilda's gone from classic Corrie :bawlin:
Hilda Ogden

Postby Hilda Ogden » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:19 am

NastyNickers wrote:Anyone watch Corrie?

His comeuppance is coming very soon,it is a stupid storyline anyway,everyone that is dead is connected to him and the cops are not in the slightest suspicious.

Lets see if they kill him off or will they let him go on the run only to return at a later date.Hmmm

The producer needs to tune into classic Corrie.
Hilda Ogden

Postby jp761 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:25 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Anyone watch Corrie?
Can't say I've thought about it, but now you've said it, there is some semblance. They seriously need to hurry up with his comeuppance though.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Hilda Ogden wrote:As of yesterday Corrie is officially the worlds longest running soap opera.

More and more people are tuning into classic Corrie on ITV3 and comparing it to the modern Corrie.

Saddest of all,Hilda's gone from classic Corrie :bawlin:
What used to be the worlds longest running soap? Some American soap?
jp761

Postby Nucks » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:49 pm

I think Andy might come back, they were somewhat ambiguous about the way he and Vinnie died. Nothing would surprise me in soapland.

I’ve been watching old Corrie as well. Vera’s mum looks like a toad. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Nucks wrote:I think Andy might come back, they were somewhat ambiguous about the way he and Vinnie died. Nothing would surprise me in soapland.

I’ve been watching old Corrie as well. Vera’s mum looks like a toad. :gigglesnshit:

I hate that both Andy and Luke were killed off by him.
Even bringing Andy back seemed so pointless. :grrrrr:

(PS. I just want to send you my love. You are amazing. So full of joy and love and light)
NastyNickers

Postby Keyser » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Nucks wrote:I think Andy might come back, they were somewhat ambiguous about the way he and Vinnie died. Nothing would surprise me in soapland.

(PS. I just want to send you my love. You are amazing. So full of joy and love and light)

Don't watch any soap but EE but who would win between the Philth and Phelan (who is apparently the king of the cobbles)? :laughing:
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:42 am

At least she didn't look like Toadfish.

Can you believe he's nearly 40. Time flies.
jp761

Postby Nucks » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:46 am

NastyNickers wrote:

That whole thing with Phelan and Andy in that grubby basement was pretty bad, even for Corrie. Unless as I said Andy isn’t dead. :leer:

And thanks. :wubbers:
Nucks

Postby Nucks » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:48 am

Keyser wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Don't watch any soap but EE but who would win between the Philth and Phelan (who is apparently the king of the cobbles)? :laughing:

I’d put money on Phil, I don’t think the writers/producers are ready for him to bite the big one, whereas Phelan must surely be running out of luck.
Nucks

Postby Nucks » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:48 am

jp761 wrote:

At least she didn't look like Toadfish.

Can you believe he's nearly 40. Time flies.

Who’s 40?
Nucks

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio