TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Keyser » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Kiki wrote:
Keyser wrote:Forgot McMafia, Grantchester, Whitechapel and Vera! :canny:

Thank you for the list, it's very helpful. :yess:
Some I have come across before like Son's of Anarchy (might give it a try sometime) after all I believe Walton is in it? :laughing: I did also see The Bridge but the trailer I watched wasn't in English so I gave up on it, but you obviously can get it so I will def take another look for it.

Have you seen The Americans?
I don't often go back to a series once I run out of episodes but they are making a last series this year and will probably get that when I can.

I think you are really missing out if you don't give those subtitled crime-dramas I mentioned a try Kiki - you will soon get into them, your brain adjusts and you hardly notice at all after a few mins. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:59 pm

Longmire is another cracking crime show Kiki! :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Kiki » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:57 pm

Keyser wrote:Longmire is another cracking crime show Kiki! :cuppaT:

Thanks Keyser :smilin: I have one season of Elementary left to watch then I will definitely start checking through your list.

Another good one I forgot to mention was Ray Donovan, John Voight is great playing the part of his father.
Kiki

Postby Keyser » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Kiki wrote:
Keyser wrote:Longmire is another cracking crime show Kiki! :cuppaT:

Thanks Keyser :smilin: I have one season of Elementary left to watch then I will definitely start checking through your list.

Another good one I forgot to mention was Ray Donovan, John Voight is great playing the part of his father.

:thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Snookerballs » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:17 am

Keyser wrote:
Kiki wrote:we tend to watch anything crime series related, with at least five to six series/seasons available. To name but a few...

Criminal minds
Dexter
Bones
The Shield
Top of my rating would have to be Justified. Brilliant....loved Walton Goggins in it. He was the star of the show by a long way. :yess:

Edited to say we are quite enjoying watching Elementary at the moment.

Walton is a superb actor.

I watch too many crime dramas to name and yes Elementary is fun - with the added bonus of Lucy who is simply stunning. :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45776&start=195

"Six" Series based on the Kidnap of the School Girls by the Boko Haram

Walton Goggins plays the lead role. A leader of a Seal Team sent in to rescue them .

Last episode has last minute twist in the story that is totally unexpected :yikes:

Great Series made by the History Channel .
Snookerballs

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Keyser wrote:
Kiki wrote:

Some I have come across before like Son's of Anarchy (might give it a try sometime) after all I believe Walton is in it? :laughing: I did also see The Bridge but the trailer I watched wasn't in English so I gave up on it, but you obviously can get it so I will def take another look for it.

I don't often go back to a series once I run out of episodes but they are making a last series this year and will probably get that when I can.

I think you are really missing out if you don't give those subtitled crime-dramas I mentioned a try Kiki - you will soon get into them, your brain adjusts and you hardly notice at all after a few mins. :cuppaT:

Have you been watching Below the Surface, Keys? It’s another good Danish one on bbc 4.
It got as far as episode 4 and then it wasn’t on last night???
Lady Murasaki

Postby Kiki » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:27 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Kiki wrote:we tend to watch anything crime series related, with at least five to six series/seasons available. To name but a few...

Criminal minds
Dexter
Bones
The Shield
Top of my rating would have to be Justified. Brilliant....loved Walton Goggins in it. He was the star of the show by a long way. :yess:

I watch too many crime dramas to name and yes Elementary is fun - with the added bonus of Lucy who is simply stunning. :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45776&start=195

Walton Goggins plays the lead role. A leader of a Seal Team sent in to rescue them .

Last episode has last minute twist in the story that is totally unexpected :yikes:

I looked that up a while back and seem to recall they stopped filming for a while. (might be wrong) Anyway from what you have just said I will def see if I can get it.
Thanks Snooks. :thumbsup:
Kiki

Postby Snookerballs » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:12 pm

Kiki wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Criminal minds
Dexter
Bones
The Shield

http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopi ... &start=195

I looked that up a while back and seem to recall they stopped filming for a while. (might be wrong) Anyway from what you have just said I will def see if I can get it.
Thanks Snooks. :thumbsup:

Believe there was a problem with lead actor, so filming stopped then Walton Goggins took over the lead role,

Now filming second series.
Snookerballs

Postby Nucks » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Might give “The Frankenstein Chronicles” on Netflix a watch. Sean Bean :wubwub:
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Kiki wrote:

Have you been watching Below the Surface, Keys? It’s another good Danish one on bbc 4.

No - but at the moment I have so many series to catch up on Lady M. :kinell:

It was not on last night because of the French terror attacks but will be back. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Keyser wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Keyser wrote:

It was not on last night because of the French terror attacks but will be back. :cuppaT:

Oh i didn’t realise there had been any attacks, I’d avoided the news since I got back until yesterday.
Omg the Salisbury poisoning!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Oh i didn’t realise there had been any attacks, I’d avoided the news since I got back until yesterday.
Omg the Salisbury poisoning!

Yes it's been grim all round. :shake head:
Keyser

Postby Vam » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:05 am

2 hidden gems on Netflix that I haven't seen mentioned here....

The Divide
Seven Seconds

Really worth checking out! :thumbsup:
Vam

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:20 pm

just watched the Rosanne reboot
was suprisingly ok
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:50 am

Come Home on BBC 1 with Christopher Ecclestone is good.
The Assasination of Gianni Versace on Beeb 2 is grippingly scary.
Save Me on Sky Atlantic is another good drama.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio