Films

Re: Films

Postby mavis cruet » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi Avon, glad you sort of liked it. :smilin: I see your point, the film could have been a 9 with a bit more thought put in to some parts. Still a good movie though!.

Keyser...Leon... a FANTASTIC film, totally agree with you.

I watched Shape of Water over the weekend, Lady M enjoyed it on the plane on her way back from Dubai...i was not so keen, give it a 6/10.

Also watched a 2017 film, called The Belko Experiment. Social experiment bloody thriller . 6.5/10 I thought it was good but it reminds me of another similar film that i can't for the life of me remember!.
mavis cruet

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:42 pm

mavis cruet wrote:Hi Avon, glad you sort of liked it. :smilin: I see your point, the film could have been a 9 with a bit more thought put in to some parts. Still a good movie though!.

Yes, definitely a good movie and one which probably deserves another viewing.

Have you ever watched Christopher Nolan's film "The Prestige"? Not sci-fi but I get the feeling you might like it.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Keyser » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:19 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
mavis cruet wrote:Hi Avon, glad you sort of liked it. :smilin: I see your point, the film could have been a 9 with a bit more thought put in to some parts. Still a good movie though!.

Yes, definitely a good movie and one which probably deserves another viewing.

Have you ever watched Christopher Nolan's film "The Prestige"? Not sci-fi but I get the feeling you might like it.

Superb film and with a great cameo by David Bowie as super-genius Tesla! :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:36 pm

the hitman's bodyguard.

ignore the critical panning, this is a good film. salma hayek is fantastic in it.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:34 pm

Keyser...Leon... a FANTASTIC film, totally agree with you.

I watched Shape of Water over the weekend, Lady M enjoyed it on the plane on her way back from Dubai...i was not so keen, give it a 6/10.

Also watched a 2017 film, called The Belko Experiment. Social experiment bloody thriller . 6.5/10 I thought it was good but it reminds me of another similar film that i can't for the life of me remember!.

Yeah I’d agree with the 6.
Also saw blade runner 2 on the plane but for some reason forgot all about it. Bit meh, another 6.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Dimples » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:50 pm

I watched a couple of good films on planes recently.... well, in fact I watched about 95% of two good films.

One was Victoria & Abdul - which was really entertaining and very funny in places... but I paused it for too long whilst eating my dinner and then didn't leave enough time to finish watching the last 20 minutes of it! :gigglesnshit:

I also watched "Breathe", which is a fabulous film and incredibly moving... but my in-flight entertainment box crashed about 10 minutes from the end and couldn't be re-booted. :roll:

I gave up and just read my book instead. :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby mavis cruet » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Dimples wrote:I watched a couple of good films on planes recently.... well, in fact I watched about 95% of two good films.

One was Victoria & Abdul - which was really entertaining and very funny in places... but I paused it for too long whilst eating my dinner and then didn't leave enough time to finish watching the last 20 minutes of it! :gigglesnshit:

I also watched "Breathe", which is a fabulous film and incredibly moving... but my in-flight entertainment box crashed about 10 minutes from the end and couldn't be re-booted. :roll:

:Hiya: Dimples... not seeing the last bit of a film would drive me bonkers lol! Are you not wanting to find out the endings? I saw some posts from you in the Archives a couple of weeks ago and thought you came across nice so Welcome Back!
mavis cruet

Postby mavis cruet » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Guest wrote:the hitman's bodyguard.

ignore the critical panning, this is a good film. salma hayek is fantastic in it.

:Hiya: Guest, Watched it last night and enjoyed it. Thought it was a cross a cross between the Kingsmen nd Bourne Identity!
I give it a 7.5 :smilin:
mavis cruet

Postby Rockstar » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 pm

Just watched Veronica on Netflix....Fucking scary movie....7/10 :wurms: :grrrrr:
Rockstar

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:21 pm

mavis cruet wrote:
Guest wrote:the hitman's bodyguard.

:Hiya: Guest, Watched it last night and enjoyed it. Thought it was a cross a cross between the Kingsmen nd Bourne Identity!
I give it a 7.5 :smilin:

:Hiya: mavis, i'm glad you enjoyed it!

Postby Dimples » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:13 pm

mavis cruet wrote:
Dimples wrote:I watched a couple of good films on planes recently.... well, in fact I watched about 95% of two good films.

:Hiya: Dimples... not seeing the last bit of a film would drive me bonkers lol! Are you not wanting to find out the endings? I saw some posts from you in the Archives a couple of weeks ago and thought you came across nice so Welcome Back!

Indeed I did, Mavis! I did manage to look over Mr Dimples' shoulder when he watched Victoria & Abdul on the return flight, so I got the general idea about how it ended anyway.

With "Breathe", I knew how it was going to end...just didn't get the chance to actually see it. It may even have been less than 10 minutes to run when the IFE crashed. I was sitting there blubbing to myself, so I suppose it gave me the chance to compose myself. :gigglesnshit:

It's rather nice to come back to the forum. There are lots of new usernames... and - if I am correct in my guesswork - possibly also one or two changed usernames. I think it might take me a little while to get reacquainted but it's good to see some familiar names again. :Wiiiine!:
Dimples

Postby Star » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:23 pm

Move over man
Comedy/ action
Star

Postby Dean » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 pm

I thought Annihilation was crap to be honest...
Dean

Postby Gabby » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:33 pm

I watched ‘Everest’ last night.... a true story i’d recently recorded.... not bad, it held my attention anyway!
Gabby

Postby Rockstar » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Dean wrote:I thought Annihilation was crap to be honest...

Me too.... :bored:
Rockstar

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio