Your favourite TV shows from the past

Reality, Sports, Game Shows and films You name it. Yak about it in here.

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby calitom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:16 am

McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:
McAz wrote:CE = Star Trek, though I don't care too much to watch it now.

BCE = Bilko, which I do.


The Phil Silvers Show...very good.

Also GOMER PYLE USMC was a funny show set on a military base.64-69. Gomer was an important character on THE Andy Griffith Show in the early 60s.(was that shown on british TV?)


I had every episode of Bilko on DVD - but now I don't have a DVD player.

I don't recall the Andy Griffith Show. One or two of the actors in Bilko went on to Car 54, Where Are You? I think.


Theres a hold-up in the bronx,,brooklyns broken out in fights
theres a traffic jam in harlem thats backed up to jackson heights
theres a scout troop short a child
Krushchevs due at idlewyld...
CAR 54 WHERE ARRRE YOUUUU

You must watch Andy Griffith... Its on youtube. Just the highest quality show.
Other than Andy...featuring the great Don Knotts..
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby calitom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:31 am

User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby calitom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:32 am

calitom wrote:
McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:
McAz wrote:CE = Star Trek, though I don't care too much to watch it now.

BCE = Bilko, which I do.


The Phil Silvers Show...very good.

Also GOMER PYLE USMC was a funny show set on a military base.64-69. Gomer was an important character on THE Andy Griffith Show in the early 60s.(was that shown on british TV?)


I had every episode of Bilko on DVD - but now I don't have a DVD player.

I don't recall the Andy Griffith Show. One or two of the actors in Bilko went on to Car 54, Where Are You? I think.


Theres a hold-up in the bronx,,brooklyns broken out in fights
theres a traffic jam in harlem thats backed up to jackson heights
theres a scout troop short a child
Krushchevs due at idlewyld...
CAR 54 WHERE ARRRE YOUUUU

You must watch Andy Griffith... Its on youtube. Just the highest quality show.
Other than Andy...featuring the great Don Knotts..


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xEWoYKTt0
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby McAz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:25 am

calitom wrote:
calitom wrote:
McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:
McAz wrote:CE = Star Trek, though I don't care too much to watch it now.

BCE = Bilko, which I do.


The Phil Silvers Show...very good.

Also GOMER PYLE USMC was a funny show set on a military base.64-69. Gomer was an important character on THE Andy Griffith Show in the early 60s.(was that shown on british TV?)


I had every episode of Bilko on DVD - but now I don't have a DVD player.

I don't recall the Andy Griffith Show. One or two of the actors in Bilko went on to Car 54, Where Are You? I think.


Theres a hold-up in the bronx,,brooklyns broken out in fights
theres a traffic jam in harlem thats backed up to jackson heights
theres a scout troop short a child
Krushchevs due at idlewyld...
CAR 54 WHERE ARRRE YOUUUU

You must watch Andy Griffith... Its on youtube. Just the highest quality show.
Other than Andy...featuring the great Don Knotts..


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xEWoYKTt0

Thanks Tom. :thumbsup:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30453
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby Nucks » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:54 am

Greatest American Hero :mrgreen:
The Littlest Hobo
Dukes of Hazard
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am
Location: Behind the curtains

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby jp761 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Nucks wrote:Greatest American Hero :mrgreen:
The Littlest Hobo
Dukes of Hazard
Two Out of Three Ain't Bad.

Loved the Hobo and DOH. Never watched the other one.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 7966
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby Kiki » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:17 pm

I loved Hill Street Blues back in the day. :smilin:




Image
User avatar
Kiki
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby Keyser » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:12 pm

Laurel and Hardy - never matched as a double act and never will be - 88 years old this and still absolute genius. :wubbers:

User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby Aaron_Silver » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:21 pm

Some great drama in the 90's

La Plante made two crackers The Governor and Prime Suspect
Cracker was the 1990's too and was just brilliant.
User avatar
Aaron_Silver
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby Keyser » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:58 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:Some great drama in the 90's

La Plante made two crackers The Governor and Prime Suspect
Cracker was the 1990's too and was just brilliant.


The best story from Cracker by far was 'To Be a Somebody'.

Carlyle as Albie was simply outstanding (as he often is). :thumbsup:

Image
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby jp761 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:Some great drama in the 90's

La Plante made two crackers The Governor and Prime Suspect
Cracker was the 1990's too and was just brilliant.
Yes La Plante made two crackers there, what a screenwriter.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 7966
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby Aaron_Silver » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Keyser wrote:
Aaron_Silver wrote:Some great drama in the 90's

La Plante made two crackers The Governor and Prime Suspect
Cracker was the 1990's too and was just brilliant.


The best story from Cracker by far was 'To Be a Somebody'.

Carlyle as Albie was simply outstanding (as he often is). :thumbsup:

Image


The early ones were genius there were some brilliant ones, but like you that one does stand out. I loved 'To say I love you' with Andrew Tiernan as the stutterer and his girlfriend played by Susan Lynch, I think it was the second story in the first series, was also outstanding. Jimmy McGovern really did nail the character of Fitz. Absolute brilliance. :smilin:
User avatar
Aaron_Silver
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby Sunny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Star trek Voyager.....even have the Play station 2 game to it... :wubwub:
Image

And deffo Seinfeld, still cracks me up the re- runs. :laughing:

Image
User avatar
Sunny
 
Posts: 18645
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 pm
Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:31 am

Never saw Seinfeld, but really enjoy the co-writer’s Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry something. So Seinfeld must have been good.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 24406
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:59 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Never saw Seinfeld, but really enjoy the co-writer’s Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry something. So Seinfeld must have been good.


A lot of Brits don’t quite get it I think, that’s why it’s not so popular over here. It’s regarded as the best comedy tv series ever in the States. Larry David is the co creator you mean.
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 34857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Showbiz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests