Films

Re: Films

Postby Dean » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Dean wrote:I thought Annihilation was crap to be honest...

Me too.... :bored:

It was a shitter version of Arrival I thought...
Dean

Postby mavis cruet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:26 pm

Dean wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

:yikes: :yikes: :bawlin: I thought you would like it! Oh well, we can't all like the same things, yes it could have been better, but don't think it was awful lol. Now i am wondering if i have seen Arrival :smilin:
mavis cruet

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:39 pm

finally saw the last jedi
didnt have much hope for it after the last one
and i was right
my god what a piece of shit
:shake head:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Dean wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Pretty bog standard fare with pretensions to be something more - but the special FX were good.
McAz

Postby mavis cruet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:58 pm

:yikes: you too McAz ...mmmm, wonder if the female brain sees it differently? I thought i was quite fussy with my marks out of 10 as well. Anyone read the book?
mavis cruet

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:58 pm

mavis cruet wrote::yikes: you too McAz ...mmmm, wonder if the female brain sees it differently? I thought i was quite fussy with my marks out of 10 as well. Anyone read the book?

I've heard that the book was better. Arrival is much superior imv, in particular its conveyance of the science underpinning the fiction. Annihilation was prettier but truthfully I kept wishing I was watching either 2001 or Avatar, both of which it nods to.

But what do I know - I think Avatar is a great film, a view not widely shared - but it could be just a male brain thing? :dunno:
McAz

Postby mavis cruet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:05 pm

McAz wrote:
mavis cruet wrote::yikes: you too McAz ...mmmm, wonder if the female brain sees it differently? I thought i was quite fussy with my marks out of 10 as well. Anyone read the book?

I've heard that the book was better. Arrival is much superior imv, in particular its conveyance of the science underpinning the fiction. Annihilation was prettier but truthfully but I kept wishing I was watching either 2001 or Avatar, both of which it nods to.

But what do I know - I think Avatar is a great film, a view not widely shared - but it could be just a male brain thing? :dunno:

Avatar was a fab film!. I did think afterwards that you may take the pee out of me for posting about the female brain thing..and you did :laughing: serves me right i guess. :cuppaT:
mavis cruet

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:24 pm

mavis cruet wrote:
McAz wrote:

I've heard that the book was better. Arrival is much superior imv, in particular its conveyance of the science underpinning the fiction. Annihilation was prettier but truthfully I kept wishing I was watching either 2001 or Avatar, both of which it nods to.

Avatar was a fab film!. I did think afterwards that you may take the pee out of me for posting about the female brain thing..and you did :laughing: serves me right i guess. :cuppaT:

Only very gently.

Glad you liked Avatar too - now some would say that's a right-brain thing. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby McAz » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:35 pm

Jack's been talking about this kind of thing for years - i know he is right from experience...

...watch this film before you dismiss what he says as bollox.
McAz

Postby Kiki » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:29 pm

We watched the new Death Wish film starring Bruce Willis this afternoon. It wasn't bad and I like Bruce Willis anyway. lol
Kiki

Postby mavis cruet » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:54 am

Watched Atomic Blonde last night..very enjoyable give it a 7/10. Worth a watch for the music that gives you a little trip down memory lane :mrgreen:
mavis cruet

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:00 pm

hampstead. the little guy socking it to the big property developer. 5.5/10

nice photography, beautiful location shots, diane keaton playing her usual character with brendan gleeson playing his.

it took me 3 days to get through this. the highlights were jason watkins' ukulele playing accountant and lesley manville's bored rich bitch.

Postby mavis cruet » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Dean.. I watched Arrival, cannot believed i missed it, excellent film. very atmospheric, so thank you for bringing it up. Give it a 8.5.
mavis cruet

Postby Nucks » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Watched Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events this afternoon. Haven’t seen it in years. Fun little movie with a good performance from Jim Carrey as Count Olaf. :gigglesnshit:

7/10
Nucks

Postby Kiki » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:16 pm

We watched Liam Neeson in The Commuter this afternoon. Great watch for Neeson fans. :thumbsup:
Kiki

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio