Burglar stabbed to death.

Burglar stabbed to death.

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:05 am

A 78 year old man has been arrested and charged with suspicion of murder following a "break in " by two burglars to his Hither Green London property
a fight ensued in the Kitchen of the property and one of the burglars was critically injured.

Got a feeling this story and Court Case could run for some time to come.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43639183
Snookerballs

Re: Burglar stabbed to death.

Postby Puzzler » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:14 am

Snookerballs wrote:A 78 year old man has been arrested and charged with suspicion of murder following a "break in " by two burglars to his Hither Green London property
a fight ensued in the Kitchen of the property and one of the burglars was critically injured.

Clear cut case of self defence, knowing how cucked our ‘justice’ system is he’ll probably end up spending the rest of his life behind bars. I hate what this country has turned into, a free for all for all types of scum but god forbid you stand up for yourself.
Puzzler

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:29 am

Great job Sadiq.

As long as there is no one going to get their feelings hurt that is the important thing.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Snookerballs wrote:A 78 year old man has been arrested and charged with suspicion of murder following a "break in " by two burglars to his Hither Green London property

Just a few streets away from me and a very rare occurrence in this sleepy area.

The pensioner had every right to defend himself and his property.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:34 pm

He'll get off and so he should.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Dean » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:44 pm

If someone breaks into a house to burgle it, they lose all their rights. Burglars deserve to die, good on the old man I say...
Dean

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:24 pm

This sounds like a classic householder case. I think you are right that this will run like the Tony Martin one.

I believe householders are now allowed by law to use disproportionate force to eject intruders from their home (which wasn't permissible at the time of the Tony Martin incident) but that force must still be reasonable in the circumstances (as with any self defence argument.)

Did the householder come down armed with a knife ready to take on the intruders or did he just come across it? Did he intend to kill or merely defend himself. Did he plan to grievously harm the intruders or not? The old duffer may well get prosecuted.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Cannydc » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:04 pm

I think that the key is in the challenge from the householder, and the response to that challenge.

In the Martin case, when challenged the kid ran away - Martin then shot him in the back.

We will find out if the householder had the knife already in his hand, if he challenged the thieves, and if there was a scuffle.

The worst circumstance is if the old chap sneaked up and stabbed the burglar...
Cannydc

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Cannydc wrote:

Yes, exactly. He'd been burgled before, he thought "I'll teach them a lesson if they come back", he armed himself with a knife in preparation and then stabbed one while they were attempting to flee the scene.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Lambert » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Good on that man. Always satisfying to see a bit of natural justice. Poor blokes's probably quite shook up though.
Lambert

Postby Maddog » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Yes, exactly. He'd been burgled before, he thought "I'll teach them a lesson if they come back", he armed himself with a knife in preparation and then stabbed one while they were attempting to flee the scene.

A 78 year old man chased down someone as they attempted to flee?

Give the guy a medal.
Maddog

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:20 pm

He has been charged with Murder, this means he pre planned it and intended to kill someone , if an intruder broke into his property

if it was just a fight and the intruder was killed he would be charged with manslaughter a lesser charge and probably be given a caution for killing someone.
It is now upto Police investigations and what they reveal, and if the charge is dropped to manslaughter.
Snookerballs

Postby Maddog » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Snookerballs wrote:He has been charged with Murder, this means he pre planned it and intended to kill someone , if an intruder broke into his property

if it was just a fight and the intruder was killed he would be charged with manslaughter a lesser charge and probably be given a caution for killing someone.
It is now upto Police investigations and what they reveal, and if the charge is dropped to manslaughter.

So let me get this straight. A 78 year old man is supposed to announce his presence and intentions, to TWO, younger thieves who have a distinct advantage in a fair fight?

Fuck that. Use the element of surprise to your advantage, or you may be the dead man, as opposed to the criminal breaking and entering.

Hopefully, there is a jury trial, and the jurors mirror my sentiments and tell the prosecutor, "fuck that". :thumbsup:
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Snookerballs wrote:He has been charged with Murder, this means he pre planned it and intended to kill someone , if an intruder broke into his property

He's been arrested for murder, SOP until facts are known whether to charge him with anything and at the moment it's probably more to do with protective custody in case of reprisals.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Maddog wrote:

So let me get this straight. A 78 year old man is supposed to announce his presence and intentions, to TWO, younger thieves who have a distinct advantage in a fair fight?

Fuck that. Use the element of surprise to your advantage, or you may be the dead man, as opposed to the criminal breaking and entering.

Hopefully, there is a jury trial, and the jurors mirror my sentiments and tell the prosecutor, "fuck that". :thumbsup:

It's treated as aggravated burglary over here and carries higher sentences than burgling empty houses. We have a law enabling reasonable force and if both people have stabby things it's treated as bad luck for the aggressor if he loses.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs