TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Keyser » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:12 pm

E4 has picked up Gotham series four airing next week.

Leaving those of us with only Freeview utterly fucked after CH5 dropped it after two series.

Why could E4 not show series three first?

:Lucia:

Might treat myself to the boxset from HMV though.

AOS, Homeland and Elemantary are good atm, Troy has been ok, Marcella is crazier than a shithouse rat and enjoying the House re-runs on Pick. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:47 am

Homeland never disappoints. They’ve kept it fresh throughout the seasons. And it seems to run an interesting parallel to current affairs.
Lady Murasaki

Postby MG2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:35 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Homeland never disappoints. They’ve kept it fresh throughout the seasons. And it seems to run an interesting parallel to current affairs.

I watched the first three series and then lost interest. Having heard good reviews I've saved this series and, if good, will probably watch it back to back.

Most of my watching is some time after the showing and very rarely live. Finally caught up with The Enfield Haunting. Having read up about the case they took artistic license to the full but it was entertaining.
MG2

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:45 am

MG2 wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Homeland never disappoints. They’ve kept it fresh throughout the seasons. And it seems to run an interesting parallel to current affairs.

I watched the first three series and then lost interest. Having heard good reviews I've saved this series and, if good, will probably watch it back to back.

Most of my watching is some time after the showing and very rarely live. Finally caught up with The Enfield Haunting. Having read up about the case they took artistic license to the full but it was entertaining.

I never watched Homeland live for the first 4 seasons, I think, but binged and have been a fan since. Maybe I binged through the lull you speak of. It’s about the old Russian threat now, very topical.
Lady Murasaki

Postby MG2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
MG2 wrote:

I never watched Homeland live for the first 4 seasons, I think, but binged and have been a fan since. Maybe I binged through the lull you speak of. It’s about the old Russian threat now, very topical.

That should be interesting. I hope to get to it soon.
MG2

Postby Dean » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Season 4 was shit, I gave up on it after that.
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Yeah, this season is a case in point.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Dean wrote:

Can't quite recall which was season 4? The first was the best but I thought those since haven't been too shabby at all. I'm surprised Channel 4 have been able to keep it out of satelitte and cable hands.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Anyone see the first episode of Fox's new show 'Deep State'? I've got it on series link but haven't seen it yet. The trailers looked good and they were punting it for weeks and weeks before airing.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:25 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:

Can't quite recall which was season 4? The first was the best but I thought those since haven't been too shabby at all. I'm surprised Channel 4 have been able to keep it out of satelitte and cable hands.

The one after Brodie died and she trying to get the job in Pakistan. She gave up her daughter too. Boring as fuck...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:

The one after Brodie died and she trying to get the job in Pakistan. She gave up her daughter too. Boring as fuck...

Oh yeah I know, yep that wasn't one of the best ones. She's gone a bit loopy in this latest one again but the overall story is good. She's got right up Saul's nose and he's basically disowned her - she reminds me of some of the female posters on here, set themselves up for self destruction and love every minute of it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby jp761 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Keyser wrote:E4 has picked up Gotham series four airing next week.

Leaving those of us with only Freeview utterly fucked after CH5 dropped it after two series.

Why could E4 not show series three first?

:Lucia:

Might treat myself to the boxset from HMV though.

AOS, Homeland and Elemantary are good atm, Troy has been ok, Marcella is crazier than a shithouse rat and enjoying the House re-runs on Pick. :cuppaT:
Yeah it is annoying in some ways about Gotham.. But I'm glad they aren't showing series 3 I bought that a week or two ago on Blu-Ray. Thanks for the series 4 head-up. :thumbsup:
jp761

Postby jp761 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Trapper John wrote:Anyone see the first episode of Fox's new show 'Deep State'? I've got it on series link but haven't seen it yet. The trailers looked good and they were punting it for weeks and weeks before airing.
I also have it on series link, haven't watched the first episode yet.

Mark Strong is usually pretty good though obviously the script also has to be half decent.
jp761

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:

Oh yeah I know, yep that wasn't one of the best ones. She's gone a bit loopy in this latest one again but the overall story is good. She's got right up Saul's nose and he's basically disowned her - she reminds me of some of the female posters on here, set themselves up for self destruction and love every minute of it.

this season is definetly better
last weeks ep where she smacks the fuck outta that hacker was mint
I'm CIA Motherfucker I know where you live....
:laughing:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Can't quite recall which was season 4? The first was the best but I thought those since haven't been too shabby at all. I'm surprised Channel 4 have been able to keep it out of satelitte and cable hands.

this season is definetly better
last weeks ep where she smacks the fuck outta that hacker was mint
I'm CIA Motherfucker I know where you live....
:laughing:

Yeah that was a good episode. You watching on catch up or recorded? only there's been several more episodes since then, it's all got very intense now in a good way. Her life is going pear shaped quicker than a pear.
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio