TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Can't quite recall which was season 4? The first was the best but I thought those since haven't been too shabby at all. I'm surprised Channel 4 have been able to keep it out of satelitte and cable hands.

The one after Brodie died and she trying to get the job in Pakistan. She gave up her daughter too. Boring as fuck...

Oh yeah I know, yep that wasn't one of the best ones. She's gone a bit loopy in this latest one again but the overall story is good. She's got right up Saul's nose and he's basically disowned her - she reminds me of some of the female posters on here, set themselves up for self destruction and love every minute of it.

this season is definetly better
last weeks ep where she smacks the fuck outta that hacker was mint
I'm CIA Motherfucker I know where you live....
:laughing:

Yeah that was a good episode. You watching on catch up or recorded? only there's been several more episodes since then, it's all got very intense now in a good way. Her life is going pear shaped quicker than a pear.

i download them next morning after they air in usa via torrent
i just saw the advert for deep state yesterday
first id heard of it... does look good
and it was there this morning
total result
:yess:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Nucks » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Anyone watching second series of Wolf Creek on Fox? Big gap since first series, Mick is back, obviously with a buffet of tourists on the menu. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:25 pm

I won't be able to watch the new Mark Strong thriller but he is an excellent actor - anyone remember 'Our Friends in the North'?

What a cast that had - and what performances!

The latest Homeland is the best for a long time -
Spoiler: show
Jake Weber (yet another Brit who always plays Americans) as the 'redneck' shock-jock O'Keefe - who could not fire a gun, actually despised his target audience and then got in far too deep was a very interesting development - as is the Russian angle.

Carrie has always been so bloody annoying but she is usually right so you can ignore that as the rest of the show is so good. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:14 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Homeland never disappoints. They’ve kept it fresh throughout the seasons. And it seems to run an interesting parallel to current affairs.

Season 4 was shit, I gave up on it after that.

Can't quite recall which was season 4? The first was the best but I thought those since haven't been too shabby at all. I'm surprised Channel 4 have been able to keep it out of satelitte and cable hands.

The one after Brodie died and she trying to get the job in Pakistan. She gave up her daughter too. Boring as fuck...

Oh yeah I know, yep that wasn't one of the best ones. She's gone a bit loopy in this latest one again but the overall story is good. She's got right up Saul's nose and he's basically disowned her - she reminds me of some of the female posters on here, set themselves up for self destruction and love every minute of it.

I don’t remember it being shit, just a bit of a lull. It happens with most shows, even Breaking Bad had a lull.
Carrie’s loopiness is what drives and solves their cases. They need her thinking outside the box style otherwise nothing would get done. :snooty:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:54 pm

The Good Fight’s another top tv show, a spin off from the Good Wife.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:07 am

Watched that first episode of 'Deep State' last night, looks like it could be good.

Be prepared for lots of twists and turns, confusion and lies and several storylines on the go at once, right from the off.

So basically standard spy fodder but needs a few episodes to see if it can be a cut above average.

Mark Strong is the only recognisable face which is often not a bad thing, oh and the guy who plays Podric? I think, in Game of Thrones, they're looking to be the main characters as the story develops and the two principle females, maybe a third, I reckon.

Not given anything away BTW. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:20 am

Trapper John wrote:Watched that first episode of 'Deep State' last night, looks like it could be good.

Be prepared for lots of twists and turns, confusion and lies and several storylines on the go at once, right from the off.

So basically standard spy fodder but needs a few episodes to see if it can be a cut above average.

Mark Strong is the only recognisable face which is often not a bad thing, oh and the guy who plays Podric? I think, in Game of Thrones, they're looking to be the main characters as the story develops and the two principle females, maybe a third, I reckon.

I also meant to say, it looks as if a lot of it will be dealt with in 'flashbacks' - certainly until it brings you up to date with the current events of the storyline.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby jp761 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Trapper John wrote:Watched that first episode of 'Deep State' last night, looks like it could be good.

Good to know. I still haven't watched the first ep. The amount of good dramas on right now is tough to keep up with. I'll get up to date sooner or later.
jp761

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm

I’ve started re-watching Boardwalk Empire from the beginning, haven’t seen it for a few years. It’s so good...
Dean

Postby Rockstar » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:38 pm

Dean wrote:I’ve started re-watching Boardwalk Empire from the beginning, haven’t seen it for a few years. It’s so good...

Jimmy went way sooner than I expected....I remember being so angry about it at that time...I was crazy for his trench knife too.... :oops:
Rockstar

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Dean wrote:I’ve started re-watching Boardwalk Empire from the beginning, haven’t seen it for a few years. It’s so good...

Jimmy went way sooner than I expected....I remember being so angry about it at that time...I was crazy for his trench knife too.... :oops:

Ah mate, I was pissed off all over again when Jimmy got the bullet! :grrrrr:

Richard the guy with the mask is a fucking legendary character of tv though... dont fuck with that dude!
Dean

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:49 am

Amazon have just released season 4 of Bosch
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:30 am

7 seconds.
It’s good so far. Reminds me a bit of The Night Of, where a washed up deadbeat lawyer takes a difficult case and ends up rediscovering their mojo/ reason for living, ie. to help others.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Watched second episode of Deep State last night. Again lots of intrigue and double dealing with the story slowly being brought up to date with flashbacks. I'm gonna stick with it for now coz it's not bad.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Keyser » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:33 pm

The ending to Marcella was absolutely fucking bonkers and one thing is for certain - she is NOT WELL! :laughing:
Keyser

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio