The Wright Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The Wright Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:36 am

Mickyboy wrote:
Puzzler wrote:Evening Mick :more beer:

Alright matey........I can't be arsed posting from my phone very much bcos it's a right pain and Stooo won't lift my ip ban on the hostel comps so I'm not on much now but I move onto a new hostel for a few days tomorrow bcos I've got this interview tomorrow so hopefully things are looking up for me at last mate.......

Next time you are on you could ask Matthew for a place on the panel :more beer:

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:37 am

Guest wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:Just doing a bit of driving but I've got an interview this afternoon for an events company to be part of the crew building and dismantling concert stages and with music festival season just round the corner they're crying out for people and it's something different so why not......

that's a good job if you can get it, you'll meet really interesting people. good luck with your interview.

any idea why jra said you were stalkerish & creepy by the way?

Yes it should be a good crack if I get the gig (geddit lol) and no idea never really spoken to him/her so u better ask him/her instead but what thread was it said on .......
Mickyboy

Postby Puzzler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:39 am

Mickyboy wrote:
Guest wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:Just doing a bit of driving but I've got an interview this afternoon for an events company to be part of the crew building and dismantling concert stages and with music festival season just round the corner they're crying out for people and it's something different so why not......

Are you fit enough though?

I would have thought that they would be looking for far younger people :dunno:

Won't take me long to get my fitness back and I walked 4 miles today with not much effort so I'm sure I'll be OK. .....

Ya should start lifting weights mate :more beer:
Puzzler

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 am

Puzzler wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:

Alright matey........I can't be arsed posting from my phone very much bcos it's a right pain and Stooo won't lift my ip ban on the hostel comps so I'm not on much now but I move onto a new hostel for a few days tomorrow bcos I've got this interview tomorrow so hopefully things are looking up for me at last mate.......

Don’t blame ya, I hate trying to post off a mobile too. Hope it all goes well pal, just having a few beers and whiskies here, taking life one day at a time :more beer:

I've found a new beer called Taddy very nice and quite cheap for swiss cottage only £3.60 a pint but only in moderation bcos I'm putting a bit of timber back on but if I get this new job I'll get rid of it in no time and hopefully have a good laugh along the way, very unsociable hours apparently but money is money mate......
Mickyboy

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:42 am

Mickyboy wrote:
Guest wrote:

that's a good job if you can get it, you'll meet really interesting people. good luck with your interview.

any idea why jra said you were stalkerish & creepy by the way?

Yes it should be a good crack if I get the gig (geddit lol) and no idea never really spoken to him/her so u better ask him/her instead but what thread was it said on .......

good to see you joking. no idea why jra said it, he never answers questions.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:43 am

Just doing a bit of driving but I've got an interview this afternoon for an events company to be part of the crew building and dismantling concert stages and with music festival season just round the corner they're crying out for people and it's something different so why not......[/quote]

You don't have talk some bollocks micky, I worked with a rigging crew back in the 90's They were all in there 30's and fit.
They would show up at the concert site and wait for the stage to arrive. As soon as it did they started work and basically didn't stop until the stage was up and everything worked. They would work 48 hours straight through rest and then work straight through until the stage was dismantled and they would meet it at the next location. They would work six months of the year and then take the next six off. They were paid well and could afford to do so. They worked as a team and all knew what to do. There's no way a 54 year old bloke is going to walk into a job like that and last more than a day. They won't carry or cover for you.
I was on a team that built a stage and had put it together several times before they came to practice To be ready to set it up in under 24 hours. I was watching them on my lunch break and made the the mistake of pointing out a few mistakes in the way they were erecting it. This led to me being told by my boss that they wanted me to go to Monaco with them to supervise
Lucky enough It all got cancelled at the last minute because the proper permits weren't gained for the stage to be erected at the Monaco Grand Prix.

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:43 am

Puzzler wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you fit enough though?

I would have thought that they would be looking for far younger people :dunno:

Won't take me long to get my fitness back and I walked 4 miles today with not much effort so I'm sure I'll be OK. .....

Ya should start lifting weights mate :more beer:

The job will sort that out mate so why pay for expensive gym membership when I can do it at work and get paid for it lol.......
Mickyboy

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:45 am

Guest wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:

Next time you are on you could ask Matthew for a place on the panel :more beer:

I'm in the audience for the last time tomorrow actually so I might lol....
Mickyboy

Postby Puzzler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:48 am

Mickyboy wrote:
Puzzler wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:

Don’t blame ya, I hate trying to post off a mobile too. Hope it all goes well pal, just having a few beers and whiskies here, taking life one day at a time :more beer:

I've found a new beer called Taddy very nice and quite cheap for swiss cottage only £3.60 a pint but only in moderation bcos I'm putting a bit of timber back on but if I get this new job I'll get rid of it in no time and hopefully have a good laugh along the way, very unsociable hours apparently but money is money mate......

I’ve got really into IPA beers in last couple of years, can get decent ones in Wetherspoons for about 2.50 a pint. Glad I don’t have to pay London prices lol :more beer: Yeah I’m looking to get a job this year too, 13 years since I left school and I’ve done fuck all but get pissed and high lmfao.
Puzzler

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:59 am

Puzzler wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:
Puzzler wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:

I’ve got really into IPA beers in last couple of years, can get decent ones in Wetherspoons for about 2.50 a pint. Glad I don’t have to pay London prices lol :more beer: Yeah I’m looking to get a job this year too, 13 years since I left school and I’ve done fuck all but get pissed and high lmfao.

You still live with your parents, they support you and you don't pay any rent? :dunno:

Postby Puzzler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:04 am

Guest wrote:You still live with your parents, they support you and you don't pay any rent? :dunno:
I live on my own and have my own money, big thanks to all you taxpayers lmfao :more beer: :bong:
Puzzler

Postby Dean » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:09 am

Puzzler wrote:
Guest wrote:You still live with your parents, they support you and you don't pay any rent? :dunno:
I live on my own and have my own money, big thanks to all you taxpayers lmfao :more beer: :bong:

You must be constantly on the breadline. Living on benefits for so many years must be so depressing...
Dean

Postby Puzzler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:20 am

Dean wrote:
Puzzler wrote:

You must be constantly on the breadline. Living on benefits for so many years must be so depressing...

I get twice as much as jobseekers, I live just fine :more beer:
Puzzler

Postby Gabby » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:25 am

Dean...
Gabby

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:37 am

Puzzler wrote:
Dean wrote:
Puzzler wrote:

I get twice as much as jobseekers, I live just fine :more beer:

You're disabled?
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms