TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Rockstar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:7 seconds.
It’s good so far. Reminds me a bit of The Night Of, where a washed up deadbeat lawyer takes a difficult case and ends up rediscovering their mojo/ reason for living, ie. to help others.

I have downloaded it as part of in flight entertainment. I hope it is worth it!
Rockstar

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:53 am

Rockstar wrote:
It’s good so far. Reminds me a bit of The Night Of, where a washed up deadbeat lawyer takes a difficult case and ends up rediscovering their mojo/ reason for living, ie. to help others.

It is :thumbsup:
Bit sad for a plane journey though. I tend to go for comedies in flight.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Cunk on Britain is surprisingly hilarious. :laughing:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:40 am

Keyser wrote:Cunk on Britain is surprisingly hilarious. :laughing:

She is. Silly funny. :mrgreen:
I’ve taught young kids history and it reminds me of some of the funny things children say/interpret.
Eg. A lesson on Picts and the Roman Hadrian’s wall, a child drew a wall and some pigs on one side saying the Romans were trying to keep out the ‘pigs’.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:20 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

If you like comedy in flight, try going to America on a hang glider. I be in the support team, well for as long as you remain in sight anyway. :leer:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Keyser » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

I’ve taught young kids history and it reminds me of some of the funny things children say/interpret.
Eg. A lesson on Picts and the Roman Hadrian’s wall, a child drew a wall and some pigs on one side saying the Romans were trying to keep out the ‘pigs’.

That's great! :mrgreen:
Keyser

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

My sis was talking about this, I might try to catch up.
Junglejayne

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:46 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

If you like comedy in flight, try going to America on a hang glider. I be in the support team, well for as long as you remain in sight anyway. :leer:

That’s considerate :smilin:
I better stay in sight :ooer:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 am

Junglejayne wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

My sis was talking about this, I might try to catch up.

Too much of that sort of humour is irritating but fun to dip into once a week.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Gabby » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:17 pm

I’m really into ‘Come Dine With Me’ right now..... some of the menus are hardly dinner party stuff :gigglesnshit: .... one guy did bubble and squeak for a starter and cottage pie and chips for the main course! :laughing:
Gabby

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:36 am

Ok so who didn't tell me that Netflix have done Lost in Space?

Used to love it as a kid and I think it's been directed by Bill Mumy the original Will Robinson.

Anyways, anyone watched it? I just binged it over two nights, up to Episode 8 of 10 - gonna try do the last 2 tonight.

I like it and it's got a few twists from the original format, like - I'm not giving too much away by saying the insidious Dr Zachary Smith is a woman in this and she does a bloody good.

It is a little too character based if I'm being picky, lots of American series are though, that aside I'm enjoying it. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am

Trapper John wrote:Ok so who didn't tell me that Netflix have done Lost in Space?

Used to love it as a kid and I think it's been directed by Bill Mumy the original Will Robinson.

Anyways, anyone watched it? I just binged it over two nights, up to Episode 8 of 10 - gonna try do the last 2 tonight.

I like it and it's got a few twists from the original format, like - I'm not giving too much away by saying the insidious Dr Zachary Smith is a woman in this and she does a bloody good.

It is a little too character based if I'm being picky, lots of American series are though, that aside I'm enjoying it. :thumbsup:

*Cough*

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=44620&start=90

I'm watching it with my wife and the older Little Miss Avon so can't binge watch it to my annoyance. We are up to episode 4 and we are all enjoying it.

Slick production, Dr Smith is creepy and I am beginning to warm to the robot (which is now slightly less creepy and more human than the good doctor...)
Avon Barksdale

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:13 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Ok so who didn't tell me that Netflix have done Lost in Space?

*Cough*

http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopi ... 0&start=90

I'm watching it with my wife and the older Little Miss Avon so can't binge watch it to my annoyance. We are up to episode 4 and we are all enjoying it.

Slick production, Dr Smith is creepy and I am beginning to warm to the robot (which is now slightly less creepy and more human than the good doctor...)

Ok forgiven, didn't see that. :oops:

Anyways, finished season 1 last night two back to back episodes. Excellent, resolved many things at the same time as leaving a suitable cliffhanger for a 2nd season, I do hope so.

Warning Will Robinson: You don't get over that overwhelming urge to strangle Dr. Smith, just saying. :ooer:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Warning Will Robinson: You don't get over that overwhelming urge to strangle Dr. Smith, just saying. :ooer:

Nice one! She's a great villain and just when I have a twinge of sympathy for her I think "nah" as she does something treacherous.

We are up to episode 6 now and enjoying it.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:41 am

The Durells is the absolute best thing on the tv atm.
It’s an adaptation of Gerald Durrell's "My Family and Other Animals" it features Keeley Hawes as Louisa Durrell, a widow who moves her family from England to the Greek island of Corfu in 1935. All the actors are brilliant but Keeley is a brilliantly understated star.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio