What are you watching?

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Lost in Space.

The robot is way creepier this time round. None of this "does not compute" running around with arms flailing everywhere now.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Keyser » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:13 pm

AOS is ok at the moment - have a little crush on sexy Kree psychopath Sinara - there is something about the way she walks. :wubbers:

Here is a little video on how Florence gets made up for the part. :thumbsup:

Keyser

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:59 am

I watched the 13th on Netflix yesterday (the 13th referring to the applicable amendment to the US constitution.)

It's a documentary about slavery, the "war" on drugs, mass incarceration and the prison industrial complex in the US.

It's powerful, moving and deeply uncomfortable viewing. It doesn't pretend to be impartial but a polemic about the treatment of African Americans.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue May 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Watched a couple of stand up specials on Netflix recently ~ Chris Rock's "Tamborine" and Amy Wong's "Baby Cobra".

Both were good. Chris Rock was more introspective than his HBO specials and some of the stuff about the break down of his marriage was quite touching. Amy Wong's routine was raw AF especially about her sex life (which is obviously working as she was over 7 months pregnant at the time of filming.)
Avon Barksdale

Postby McAz » Tue May 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Watched a couple of stand up specials on Netflix recently ~ Chris Rock's "Tamborine" and Amy Wong's "Baby Cobra".

Both were good. Chris Rock was more introspective than his HBO specials and some of the stuff about the break down of his marriage was quite touching. Amy Wong's routine was raw AF especially about her sex life (which is obviously working as she was over 7 months pregnant at the time of filming.)

Watched both - as you say both good but Rock has lost some of the belly fire of his earlier stuff.
McAz

Previous

Return to TV And Radio