Fears & Phobias

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Dean » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 am

I think a fear and a phobia are different things. I’ve seen sharks and crocodiles etc mentioned... you’re not likely to face them in every day life. I’d imagine most of us would shit ourselves if we were face to fave with a fucking shark or crocodile, but it’s not the same as a fear of heights or spiders which are common. I don’t have a phobi of lions or bears but if I had one of them cunts staring me in the eye id shit my knickers.

I’m not overjoyed about heights, but I do go up high for work. I’d much rather be in the ground but I deal with it. I’m not keen on spiders but I’d fuck one off in the garden or stamp on the little twat if I had to. I think not liking something and having a genuine phobia are different things. I can’t think of one thing that I fear in my day to day life. Lots of things I’m not keen on, but not a fear...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 33435
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Dean » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:53 am

I was on a job a few years back and a young apprentice electrician was held by one bloke as another put a spider on him. The poor lad had genuine fear in his eyes, he proper freaked out. I caught the end of it and dragged the young lad out. I like a bit banter as much as the next man but this was brutal. The two pricks were strongly advised to go home early... I wanted to kill the cunts. I did offer to hold them and let the apprentice punch fuck out of them, but he refused. Knowing some c**t is genuinely scared like that and torturing them is horrible...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 33435
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Kizzie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:48 am

I only have a phobia about one thing, maggots.

As a kid, we were playing on an old about to be knocked down housing estate. it was a boiling hot day and I see a cat panting down a cooler ally. I thought it was just hot and stroked it and then see maggots coming out of every orifice and new orifices and the panting was them all moving inside it. :bawlin: :bawlin:


I do deal with maggots if I see them but have to shower after and even if I just see them I have to have a shower or I feel dirty
User avatar
Kizzie
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Vam » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Kizzie wrote:I only have a phobia about one thing, maggots.

As a kid, we were playing on an old about to be knocked down housing estate. it was a boiling hot day and I see a cat panting down a cooler ally. I thought it was just hot and stroked it and then see maggots coming out of every orifice and new orifices and the panting was them all moving inside it. :bawlin: :bawlin:


I do deal with maggots if I see them but have to shower after and even if I just see them I have to have a shower or I feel dirty


Jeez Kizzie, I hear you...when I said the sight of a snake totally grosses me out, I should have added anything slimy and slithering about does too. Worms, slugs, and especially maggots! :doomed:

Your post reminded me of processionary caterpillars. A line of these little bastards can be over a kilometre long. They're another VERY real phobia of mine, and the reason my dogs are kept on a tight leash anywhere near pine trees, throughout February March & April.

"....That’s where the problems start for dogs (or anyone that touches them). The caterpillars are covered in poisonous hairs with a toxin that is devastating for dogs who put their noses near them.........First the dog starts to scratch its mouth, as if it wants to get something off its tongue with its claws whilst salivating profusely.......The tongue, oesophagus and stomach swell up. Eventually, the dog can’t breathe and dies........the animal’s tongue where it has touched a caterpillar suffers necrosis. Some lose almost almost all their tongue"

http://gosbi.com/en/the-processionary-caterpillar-is-here-dangerous-for-humans-deadly-for-dogs/
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 15100
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:57 am

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Nucks » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Image

Image
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 5655
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Vam » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 pm

:yikes: ...oh jeez.... :slap:

you're on a frickin roll today, Nucks :mrgreen:
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 15100
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:57 am

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Gabby » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Nucks wrote:Image

Image


Now I could hold that... but freak out at a house spider on the wall!! :dunno:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 16071
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Daisymay » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 pm

I've got a Genuine Phobia of Rats and Mice ....my hands have shook even typing the words ......I don't like Frogs either ,and when it rains there's always one of the slimy green twats in my back garden at night ,just sitting there staring at me when I go outside for a fag :bawlin: ,so I end up screaming for Hubby to come and move the little bastard ,so I can have my smoke
User avatar
Daisymay
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:56 am

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Dean wrote:I’d much rather be in the ground


A few on here would agree...
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 84313
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:31 pm

Dean wrote:I think a fear and a phobia are different things. I’ve seen sharks and crocodiles etc mentioned... you’re not likely to face them in every day life. I’d imagine most of us would shit ourselves if we were face to fave with a fucking shark or crocodile, but it’s not the same as a fear of heights or spiders which are common. I don’t have a phobi of lions or bears but if I had one of them cunts staring me in the eye id shit my knickers.

I’m not overjoyed about heights, but I do go up high for work. I’d much rather be in the ground but I deal with it. I’m not keen on spiders but I’d fuck one off in the garden or stamp on the little twat if I had to. I think not liking something and having a genuine phobia are different things. I can’t think of one thing that I fear in my day to day life. Lots of things I’m not keen on, but not a fear...

Yeah this.
This explains why I'm having difficulty coming up with fears and phobias.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4734
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Goodwife » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:I’d much rather be in the ground


A few on here would agree...



A few? eyebrow eyebrow eyebrow

I agree with rollup, I can't think of any, well not reasonable ones anyway
User avatar
Goodwife
 
Posts: 5717
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:40 pm

I have a niggle now and again that the English will be driven perhaps violently one day from these small Welsh towns and villages.
Have no idea how that would come about.
My comfort lies in the fact I've had many irons in many fires from Wrexham down to and across Anglesey and along the mainland coast to the Barmouth area and the Llyn peninsula.
In fact I've made a mark with many people across the entire North.
A good mark I might add.
Plus I married into a Welsh family.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4734
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Dean » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:I’d much rather be in the ground


A few on here would agree...


It’s only click away for you!
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 33435
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:I’d much rather be in the ground


A few on here would agree...


It’s only click away for you!


I can't be arsed oh protected one :twirl:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 84313
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Dean » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:I’d much rather be in the ground


A few on here would agree...


It’s only click away for you!


I can't be arsed oh protected one :twirl:


I might just go on a rampage and get a ban anyway. Or I might take a nap. Cant decide!
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 33435
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: xtras1 and 34 guests