Postby Vicky » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:34 am

Vicky

Re: All About Dogs..

Postby Vicky » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Vicky

Re: AllDog owners warned to keep pets away from mud About Dogs..

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Dog owners warned to keep pets away from mud as deadly Alabama Rot disease sweeps UK

Dog owners have been warned to keep their pets away from mud as deadly Alabama Rot sweeps the UK. There are fears dogs could contract the devastating disease from mud picked up on their paws and legs during walks.

Owners should >>> https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/d ... ailsignout
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:12 pm

I hope these little devils do not get it, Rolly/

Major
Twat.

Postby VelvetCat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:43 pm

This is so true!
Attachments
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (27.74 KiB) Viewed 5078 times
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby Vicky » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:43 pm

IMG_20180418_082147_hdr.jpg

The fawn one letting me know he's not happy the lights on while he tries to sleep.

I thought I was going to lose him a couple of weeks ago, he was awful sick.

It was a nightmare but thankfully he's made a full recovery.
Vicky

Postby Keyser » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Vicks wrote:
IMG_20180418_082147_hdr.jpg

The fawn one letting me know he's not happy the lights on while he tries to sleep.

I thought I was going to lose him a couple of weeks ago, he was awful sick.

It was a nightmare but thankfully he's made a full recovery.

Welcome back Vicky! :Hiya:
Keyser

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:35 am

31299992_10155174952776876_412016186935476224_n.jpg

The Scottish Society For The prevention Of Cruelty to Animals are looking for the person/persons who let this wee Westie get in such a terrible state.

Spoiler: show

The wee sowel has been named Agnes and is recovering at the SSPCA centre in Bothwell.
Vicky

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:52 am

Gabby wrote:This is why babies should never be allowed to crawl all over dogs. ANY dog no matter how soft they normally are can suddenly turn..... this dogs body language said it all, totally irresponsible parenting!! :shake head: ...... poor baby! :bawlin:

phpBB [video]

I was warned. Had my dog acted like that I would have probably broke it's back. My best freind though would never have done that. Dog was so happy when we there was a baby in the house. Blackie (a lurcher, took him to the vet. I shouldn't have done that! He didn't like the vets). When my son was about one and a half he was strong enough to force open the fridge. Raided the yougurt and painted Blacking with it.

Such a gentle dog, playfull and freindly. Play biting it was like two feathers touching the skin. He was found in the country side covered in mange and sores. Took months for the recovery. One evening I stepped over him. He started yelping the moment my foot went near him.

He became a legend in the town. Most people where able to recognise his bark. If they decided to say hello, his tail wagged with such vigour it lifted his hind legs off the ground. If my leg was in the way, which it often was I would have been coverd in bruises, if I bruised easily.

The one thing I never did was use a collar. Only a choker. Took a while to get him to walk beside me. Once he did he never needed the chain. Though he was so excitable he would never have stayed if there was a rabbit, fox or someone he knew ahead.

Two weeks after he was with me, we got hit by a land rover. Two tendons on his right hind leg torn. Within the week I decided a short walk down the park. He sees a rabbit on the otherside of the burn. Straight into the water. Back to vets to replace bandages and support. A few weeks later, the day bandages where removed I took him allong the old railway line. :thud: Comes back limping, this time his opposite front leg. Another trip to the vets and a bandage for another few weeks. :pmsl: :pmsl:
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:16 am

Vicks wrote:Image

Someone's tired.

:wubbers:

Other than the animation Epic with the three legged pug. I was never aquainted with the breed till a few nights ago when my daughter wanted to show me where my sister lived.

A wee black pug. Played with it for a bit. Tough wee dog and very playfull. Not exactlly a toy dog in my opinion. Seem to be quite independant as well? Daughter is still scared of dogs she dosen't know. We where in the park one day. She refused to come when I called. A yearling of a medium breed started bouncing around her. She hasn't recovered. The instruction I have given since is never run, if the dog still persist lay down in a ball and remain still. If the dog still persist start kicking aiming for the eyes and snout.

I always let a dog sniff first regardless of size. Cats hearing is first, humans sight is first, dogs sent is first priority. I see so many kids run up to dogs :shake head:
art0hur0moh

Postby Vicky » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:30 am

art0hur0moh wrote:

Someone's tired.

Other than the animation Epic with the three legged pug. I was never aquainted with the breed till a few nights ago when my daughter wanted to show me where my sister lived.

A wee black pug. Played with it for a bit. Tough wee dog and very playfull. Not exactlly a toy dog in my opinion. Seem to be quite independant as well? Daughter is still scared of dogs she dosen't know. We where in the park one day. She refused to come when I called. A yearling of a medium breed started bouncing around her. She hasn't recovered. The instruction I have given since is never run, if the dog still persist lay down in a ball and remain still. If the dog still persist start kicking aiming for the eyes and snout.

I always let a dog sniff first regardless of size. Cats hearing is first, humans sight is first, dogs sent is first priority. I see so many kids run up to dogs :shake head:

Some children torment dogs, I've seen it happen with my own dogs.

I can't say i find your advice for dealing with dogs helpful.
Vicky

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:52 am

Vicks wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

Someone's tired.

Then all the dog needs to do is move. The amount of times dogs get under foot is dangerous! Ether the person is alpha or the dog is! How would you deal with a collie and lurcher fighting each other? Me I stopped a dog fight putting my dog into the submissive gesture. Both dogs knew I was in full control of the situation. The difference between humans and all other land mammals is muscle mass! Our bone densiaty is twice as low. This means a dogs muscle mass is up to four times a humans. Indicating a dog quater your muscle mass will kill you! Two three dogs an eight could over power you!

Every seat in the house is mine! No one has seating prioroty over me. Everyone can use whatever seat, cup, saucer or spoon they choose. Unless I wish to assert my authority in my own home. I never let dogs lick my face or lay on my bed. Other wise they have free reign unless, as I already stated I wish to assert my authority.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:57 am

Most animals, especially dog know they can over power us. Without to much effort. The fact they don't in the vast majority of cases, and when they do is due to ignorance of the animals wild mature and social rules. Is testament to the true nature and care this world can teach humanity :twirl:
art0hur0moh

Postby Vicky » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:24 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Vicks wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

Someone's tired.

Then all the dog needs to do is move. The amount of times dogs get under foot is dangerous! Ether the person is alpha or the dog is! How would you deal with a collie and lurcher fighting each other? Me I stopped a dog fight putting my dog into the submissive gesture. Both dogs knew I was in full control of the situation. The difference between humans and all other land mammals is muscle mass! Our bone densiaty is twice as low. This means a dogs muscle mass is up to four times a humans. Indicating a dog quater your muscle mass will kill you! Two three dogs an eight could over power you!

Every seat in the house is mine! No one has seating prioroty over me. Everyone can use whatever seat, cup, saucer or spoon they choose. Unless I wish to assert my authority in my own home. I never let dogs lick my face or lay on my bed. Other wise they have free reign unless, as I already stated I wish to assert my authority.

Arfur!!

I saw a pack of dogs going for a dog that had been tied up outside a shop.

I got the six of them to leave the dog alone.

Foolhardy or brave I don't know, but I have no fear of dogs.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug