Unsolved Murders And Crimes.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Unsolved Murders And Crimes.

Postby Vicky » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:05 am

Officially there's 77 unsolved murders in Scotland.

Janet Henderson of Perth is the oldest unsolved murder.

Janet was murdered in 1866.

She had been killed with an axe.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:57 am

I had a friend/ workmate who was found dead in mysterious circumstances, I might have mentioned it before at some time.

I worked with the bloke for about 6 years in London in the early/ mid 1980's he was one of these blokes who would travel all around Europe and other parts of the world, following the Formula 1 circus. I wasn't a fan so never went with him on any of his 'trips'

He always seemed quite well off, I assumed it was because he wasn't married, which was all I really knew about him on a personal level as he never spoke much about his private life outside work and formula 1. He also had a lot of contacts and 'friends' who got us invitations to places I would never thought I'd ever get into, like film premier after show parties, the Playboy Club and big music and sporting venues etc. I met a lot of famous people of the day as well.

Anyways, the company we worked for eventually folded and we went our separate ways, he went to work for a Russian company in London doing similar work, I got a job closer to home in a different field entirely. After a few years of meeting up less and less frequently, we lost contact altogther.

Then one day, at least 10 years maybe more later I happened to be reading the Sun newspaper whilst waiting for somebody and saw his name in a small column inside the paper. It said he was found dead sitting in a tube train at the end of the line.

The reason it made the paper was that an autopsy had failed to find a cause of death but a small, circular puncture hole was found in his leg, the type of wound that the infamous Russian spy (can't remember his name) had in the just as infamous 'Umbrella murder' called that because it was suspected that the poison which killed him was injected into him in a public place with the tip of a modified umbrella.

Finally, a few years later I met another guy who we both worked with at that company and we spoke about our mate's death. He said that they never found a cause of death or never published that they did.

He went on to say that he and others who had known this bloke longer than I had, suspected he was a 'courier' for British intelligence, using his extensive travel in Europe and other parts following F1 to collect and carry sensitive information, it sort of made sense to me then when I thought back.

The consensus then was that after going to work for the Russain company, he got embroiled in the whole 'spy' thing a lot deeper and was 'knocked off' as a result, by one side or the other. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Keyser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:01 pm

The mystery of the Golden Gate Killer has finally been solved and it is all over the net - what an evil bastard he really is!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=golde ... 66&bih=662

Keyser

Postby Stooo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Vicks wrote:I was reading an article during the week about one of Scotland's most notorious unsolved crimes.

Bible John.

Bible John murdered three young women, who had been out dancing at the Barrowland Ballroom in Glasgow in 1968 and 1969.

Despite a huge police enquiry, Bible John was never caught.

Some experts reckon serial killer Peter Tobin might have been Bible John.

Here's one for you, I met Roddy in less than salubrious circumstances many years ago in another life. Roddie was a drug smuggler who squished a member of HMR&C while his boat was being boarded by agents, you would have thought that HMR&C would have been done for numerous H&S offences because trying to be Jack Sparrow probably isn't in the handbook but I digress.

I moved on to fresh fields and Roddie carried on in open conditions having being downgraded form cat A to cat D (zero risk, convicted for murder). He absconded and was found to be very dead a couple of months later.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/feb ... ol.ukcrime

He seemed like a fairly genial bloke.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:39 pm

An interesting article of just how many serial killers may be at large in the US and also the shocking rate of conviction or 'normal' homicides and other serious crimes in Donald's kingdom. :kinell:

https://www.livescience.com/62431-how-m ... -free.html
Keyser

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug