Should Tummy Tucks Be Available On The NHS??

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Should Tummy Tucks Be Available On The NHS??

Postby Foxy » Wed May 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Good point, well made, but a tummy tuck involves tightening up muscles too. It's not only the skin that is stretched in obesity, the muscles are stretched too. Admittedly, I was primarily thinking of how far skin can stretch before it splits, as it can do in pregnancy - the skin becomes so thin that it can begin to tear. If a previously overweight person is left with excess skin after weight loss, has it removed, then regains a lot of weight, was interested to ponder on whether a similar thing can happen.
Foxy

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 12:25 pm

I don’t think the nhs can afford cosmetic surgery like this can it?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Foxy wrote:Good point, well made, but a tummy tuck involves tightening up muscles too. It's not only the skin that is stretched in obesity, the muscles are stretched too. Admittedly, I was primarily thinking of how far skin can stretch before it splits, as it can do in pregnancy - the skin becomes so thin that it can begin to tear. If a previously overweight person is left with excess skin after weight loss, has it removed, then regains a lot of weight, was interested to ponder on whether a similar thing can happen.

They would be seriously compromising their health if they kept putting the weight on after surgery. And anyone doing the surgery should refuse them or be struck off because the ‘patient’ obviously hasn’t learnt anything!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Thu May 03, 2018 7:27 pm

I can see both sides here.

I am certainly against young women getting boob operations because they think they are not big enough - that does happen incredibly.

But if someone has put in years off effort to lose stone after stone then perhaps they deserve to have the operation. :dunno:
Keyser

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms