Invited to the Royal Wedding? - tuck in first though

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Invited to the Royal Wedding? - tuck in first though

Postby Keyser » Thu May 03, 2018 10:38 pm

I would not cross the road to see any of them - although I have a grudging respect for Phil and Liz.

Once they go the whole anarchronistic institution should be abolished.
Keyser

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2018 10:11 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Lol.
Millions?

Aye, I did the math and that was about 10 years ago - I've put more in since, it's why I get finickity about people strolling in here and some cunt just giving it to them. :thumbsup:

migrants are not entitled to welfare since 2009

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2018 10:47 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Where were we?

If we are only talking about income tax then you would only have paid millions if you were in the £90,000 plus pay band for at least 40 years. But if you include NI and all the other taxes then average earnings of £50,000 plus would likely work out to paying millions in tax. Depending on how long you’ve worked consistently.

don't make me shoot your puppy.

£50k x 40 years = £2 million.

how can you pay millions in taxes on £2m earnings?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Guest wrote:

If we are only talking about income tax then you would only have paid millions if you were in the £90,000 plus pay band for at least 40 years. But if you include NI and all the other taxes then average earnings of £50,000 plus would likely work out to paying millions in tax. Depending on how long you’ve worked consistently.

£2 million x 40% income tax = £800,000.
Then you add on the other taxes paid whenever you spend any money, VAT etc and add on the NI contributions. That should take it over a million (not millions) in 40 years, or 45 years average if you’re a bloke.

I assume my puppy is safe now. :ooer:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Honest Guesty » Fri May 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Vam wrote:
Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/03/bring-your-own-picnic-royal-wedding-guests-bemused-by-lack-of-catering

:thumbsup: :smilin:

.... and from that link...

Kensington Palace indicated this week that some refreshments and snacks would be available, but declined to elaborate.

Maybe they're starting to rethink this crappy bit of PR... :dunno:

Tighter than a Gnat's Snatch. :more beer:
Honest Guesty

Postby Honest Guesty » Fri May 04, 2018 6:23 pm

Vam wrote:I'll be ok - sat with 3 mates in front of a 60" UHD screen, watching Her Maj & all the rellies, while a handy couple of blokes supply bacon sandwiches and champagne.

I love Her Maj! :canny: Plus no one, and I mean no one, does pomp and circumstance better than the Brits.

Even though it's under-catered......
Honest Guesty

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2018 8:43 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:

£2 million x 40% income tax = £800,000.
Then you add on the other taxes paid whenever you spend any money, VAT etc and add on the NI contributions. That should take it over a million (not millions) in 40 years, or 45 years average if you’re a bloke.

I assume my puppy is safe now. :ooer:

it's not looking good for the pup ...

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun May 06, 2018 7:28 am

Well it wasn’t me that made the claim in the first place so leave my pups alone.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Sun May 06, 2018 9:54 am

Honest Guesty wrote:
Vam wrote:I'll be ok - sat with 3 mates in front of a 60" UHD screen, watching Her Maj & all the rellies, while a handy couple of blokes supply bacon sandwiches and champagne.

I love Her Maj! :canny: Plus no one, and I mean no one, does pomp and circumstance better than the Brits.

Even though it's under-catered......

I know, Honest :wink: And I said right at the start that's so miserly and a right royal cock-up.
Vam

Postby Daisymay » Mon May 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Wile it is Miserly on one hand on the other it makes sense ..It could be a mine field Catering for unknown people It's not as simple as giving them a packed lunch as they enter ,you'd have to consider if people have Allergies,Food intolerances,can't eat certain foods due to Religious beliefs etc .

So taking all of those things into account it's much easier and safer to tell people to bring their own food if they want to eat
Why they'd want to go and stand there like Extras ,just so the Grounds don't look empty of TV I don't know ...
Daisymay

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms