Passed peak Corbyn

Passed peak Corbyn

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2018 6:55 am

After 2017 GE Corbyn kept labour on 'election footing' and tried working any angle into a GE thinking he would sweep to power. Largely by committing to nothing and basically 'free stuff! Free stuff for all!'

Reality bites

Labour shadow minister: “Jeremy has not spent the 11 months since the General Election winning Middle England, and now never will. We’re not going to do as well as we should, and I suspect these results will show we are past peak Corbyn.”

:cuppaT:

Yet again i call it spot on.

Re: Passed peak Corbyn

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri May 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Attachments
LabourTory.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cannydc » Fri May 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Tories down 12 seats, Labour only down after mass defection of UKIP voters to Tory party.

#Chippingaway
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Something's not right here. Lots of Tories should be dead by now and lots of new young labour voters.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 04, 2018 4:20 pm

:woteva:
You’ve been saying the same thing since he became leader.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2018 5:24 pm

Guest wrote:Something's not right here. Lots of Tories should be dead by now and lots of new young labour voters.

In one year?

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat May 05, 2018 1:36 am

Poor old Corbynistas still haven't realised their hero is never going to be PM.

If he can't beat May he can't beat anybody.

May or Corbyn.

Trump or Hillary.

What terrible choices we get now, never been worse candidates, although to be fair Trump has done a lot better than I thought he would.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat May 05, 2018 1:43 am

That result would have seen Corbyn in Downing st had it been a general election.
The media are spinning it differently.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat May 05, 2018 2:16 am

See what I mean?
Ray of Sunshine

Postby guest » Sat May 05, 2018 2:32 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:See what I mean?

If last nights result had been a general election, then even with the support of the DUP, the Tories would have been about thirteen seats short!

They would still be the largest party though, so they would have to try to go into coalition with the Lib Dems again...Whether the Lib Dems would be up for that again (with DUP) :wurms: :dunno:

...That would result in a stalemate!

..The emphasis would then be put on Labour to put together a lefty coalition of parties....Far more palatable IMO! :canny:

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat May 05, 2018 2:52 am

guest wrote:

If last nights result had been a general election, then even with the support of the DUP, the Tories would have been about thirteen seats short!

They would still be the largest party though, so they would have to try to go into coalition with the Lib Dems again...Whether the Lib Dems would be up for that again (with DUP) :wurms: :dunno:

..The emphasis would then be put on Labour to put together a lefty coalition of parties....Far more palatable IMO! :canny:

The ruling party generally don't do that well in local elections and bi-elections, they're not really a pointer to what would happen in a general election.

Much higher turnout in a General Election as well.

Labour want to win the next election they need a different leader.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Guest » Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
guest wrote:

The ruling party generally don't do that well in local elections and bi-elections, they're not really a pointer to what would happen in a general election.

Only Tories and Blairites (same thing) want that.

Postby MungoBrush » Sat May 05, 2018 9:16 am

Guest wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
guest wrote:

Only Tories and Blairites (same thing) want that.

And that of course is the big con which all the Corbyn fanboys have fallen for
It should be obvious by now that Corbyn is not capable of winning a general election.
But the right side of politics want him to stay as Labour leader which will ensure a Conservative victory at the next GE in 4 years
By which time, he’ll be 72 years old.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sat May 05, 2018 10:41 am

Once again I breathed a sigh of relief that there was NOT a massive surge of Labour support in the local elections, just as I did at the GE. It is imperative for the longer term that Labour do not oversee the disaster which is Brexit.

Corbyn is exactly the right man at this moment, a more centrist (and pointless) leader would sweep the Tories out of power and leave Labour to sort out the mess and carry the can, leaving the Tories to regroup. The choice for intelligent and decent people is a few more years of incompetence and sneering while enjoying watching them continue to tear themselves apart or decades of the Tories in power should they be allowed to cut and run.
McAz

Postby Red Okktober » Sat May 05, 2018 10:53 am

Corbyn - "A forgetful grandpappy type, surrounded by aides and assistants, and as about effective as the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz"

Red Okktober

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs