Labour being caught out due to their high council tax

Re: Labour being caught out due to their high council tax

Postby Rocthedog » Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:Not such a dead cert now, Labour being hit hard by their higher council tax. Their expectations going downward. In fact, Labour is having a hard time on the doorsteps explaining their Tax policies for the future. On average across the country, the Conservatives have a lower council tax. Money speaks Labour is not going to win as many seats they think. In fact, there is a strong line of thought it will be a bonus to the Tory party if Labour does win some extra seats. The theory is they will mess up like they have done in Birmingham seats. I have friends living in Birmingham, they have voted labour all their lives. Not this time in their words, not mine. "We want to fuck this Labour shower off". The dustmen's strike is a lot to do with that. Rubbish was left on the streets for weeks. A story there I think, we will see.

I have a question regarding this post, Roc.

For 40 years, the Tories have droned on about the 'Winter of Discontent' telling all and sundry that the bins weren't emptied (in London) and blaming a Labour government.

Why, then, aren't they accepting the same responsibility when the bins don't get emptied in our second city, Birmingham ?

Is it because of selective memory, or simply bare-faced hypocrisy ?

Oh, I don't think it is selective memory, maybe it's because it is a Labour Council, give it some thought. There is a pattern when Labour get anywhere near power. Massive strikes, yes your right "The winter of discontent happened under Labours watch". If it had happened under the tories you lot would have droned on about it more than the Tories.
Rocthedog

Postby Guest » Wed May 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:Not such a dead cert now, Labour being hit hard by their higher council tax. Their expectations going downward. In fact, Labour is having a hard time on the doorsteps explaining their Tax policies for the future. On average across the country, the Conservatives have a lower council tax. Money speaks Labour is not going to win as many seats they think. In fact, there is a strong line of thought it will be a bonus to the Tory party if Labour does win some extra seats. The theory is they will mess up like they have done in Birmingham seats. I have friends living in Birmingham, they have voted labour all their lives. Not this time in their words, not mine. "We want to fuck this Labour shower off". The dustmen's strike is a lot to do with that. Rubbish was left on the streets for weeks. A story there I think, we will see.

My council is Tory, our Council Tax has risen by 6.8%, much more than the neighbouring Labour councils. Tory Northants council is bankrupt. You blame Labour. :shake head:

Tory councils were screaming for the need to raise tax by more than double inflation due to stupid austerity cuts

Postby Cannydc » Wed May 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

I have a question regarding this post, Roc.

For 40 years, the Tories have droned on about the 'Winter of Discontent' telling all and sundry that the bins weren't emptied (in London) and blaming a Labour government.

Why, then, aren't they accepting the same responsibility when the bins don't get emptied in our second city, Birmingham ?

Is it because of selective memory, or simply bare-faced hypocrisy ?

Oh, I don't think it is selective memory, maybe it's because it is a Labour Council, give it some thought. There is a pattern when Labour get anywhere near power. Massive strikes, yes your right "The winter of discontent happened under Labours watch". If it had happened under the tories you lot would have droned on about it more than the Tories.

So the binmen in London were only on strike in boroughs with Labour councils in charge ???

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

No, they weren't, were they.... The Conservative controlled Westminster City Council used Leicester Square in the heart of London's West End for piles of rubbish....
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Wed May 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Rubbish piling up in Leicester Square, central London as decided by Westminster City Council as refuse collectors strike for a pay rise during The Winter of Discontent. Horror film Damien - Omen II opens at the Leicester Square Theatre, London

https://www.reportdigital.co.uk/gallery ... 0805.html#

Postby Rocthedog » Thu May 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Guest wrote:

My council is Tory, our Council Tax has risen by 6.8%, much more than the neighbouring Labour councils. Tory Northants council is bankrupt. You blame Labour. :shake head:

If you knew how to read, you would have noticed I said on AVERAGE, But please note in the 13 years of Labours rule, Council tax doubled. It has not doubled since the Conservatives came into power. Please do read things properly then comment accordingly, can you do that. "Rocthedog walks away with a Shake of the head" : off head:
Rocthedog

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Guest wrote:

If you knew how to read, you would have noticed I said on AVERAGE, But please note in the 13 years of Labours rule, Council tax doubled. It has not doubled since the Conservatives came into power. Please do read things properly then comment accordingly, can you do that. "Rocthedog walks away with a Shake of the head" : off head:

New Labour. Why do you a neo-Liberal hate neo-Liberal New Labour? Don';t you want our children to have a decent education, investment in social housing for white British? You must really hate British people but then you live in Spain.

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wandsworth's poll tax was £0. Within a year it went up to £1108 for band D. Bloody Labour :grrrrr:

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2018 8:04 pm

My council tax has gone up 4% under the Tories.

I don't know why I keep bothering about all these sick disabled people. And people who have crime committed against them then go and vote Tory.

Fuck em. If they're not bothered about themselves then I'm not going to be. Got to get into the Tory frame of mind here.

Survival of the fittest not fattest.

Postby Guest » Tue May 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wandsworth's poll tax was £0. Within a year it went up to £1108 for band D. Bloody Labour :grrrrr:

I'm sure Roc will comment on this.

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs