Electronics/Gadgets you own and love. Items you want.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Electronics/Gadgets you own and love. Items you want.

Postby Guest » Sat May 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Stooo wrote:I've got one of these arriving Monday. I destroyed the charging port on my JCB speaker by dropping it :roll:

Two things,
I)The JBL Charge 3 is an excellent Bluetooth speaker for it's price. Also water proof up to a metre so good for the beach or pool.
2) Did Herr Hobbit pull you up for the size of the picture you posted?

Postby McAz » Sat May 05, 2018 7:21 pm

The JBL Charge 2+ has better sound than the 3 imv - and it's a bit cheaper I think.
McAz

Postby jra » Mon May 07, 2018 2:18 am

jp761 wrote:Image

Just bought this handheld games machine, £20, it's better than I expected 200 or so games including classics like space invaders well it's called Galaxy Battle but it's very similar. The screen is pretty clear considering it's only 2.5 inch. It's fun and nostalgic playing the kind of games there are on this thing. The build quality for the money isn't bad.

Has this got Rogue/Dungeons & Dragons and Asteroids on it?
jra

Postby jp761 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:48 pm

jra wrote:

Just bought this handheld games machine, £20, it's better than I expected 200 or so games including classics like space invaders well it's called Galaxy Battle but it's very similar. The screen is pretty clear considering it's only 2.5 inch. It's fun and nostalgic playing the kind of games there are on this thing. The build quality for the money isn't bad.

Just looked, the 2.5 inch screen handheld doesn't have those games. The "SUPER GAME" handheld that I bought most recently it does have 2 Dungeons & Dragons games, D & D Shadow over Mystara and D & D Tower of Doom. Can't see Asteroids on either of them.

Also I've just noticed the larger screen one has 'Paperboy' on it. :mrgreen: I used to love that game.
jp761

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon May 07, 2018 8:37 pm

I'd love a go on one of those machines but own one?
I'd be bored with it after half an hour.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jp761 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'd love a go on one of those machines but own one?
Not exactly breaking the bank though is it, £20 and £40 for the handheld games consoles I've recently bought.

Never owned a games console of any kind?
jp761

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon May 07, 2018 9:25 pm

jp761 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'd love a go on one of those machines but own one?
Not exactly breaking the bank though is it, £20 and £40 for the handheld games consoles I've recently bought.

Never owned a games console of any kind?

No so I suppose ten quid or hundred quid would make little difference really.
Nope not a gamer.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Tue May 08, 2018 3:34 am

jp761 wrote:
jra wrote:

Just looked, the 2.5 inch screen handheld doesn't have those games. The "SUPER GAME" handheld that I bought most recently it does have 2 Dungeons & Dragons games, D & D Shadow over Mystara and D & D Tower of Doom. Can't see Asteroids on either of them.

Also I've just noticed the larger screen one has 'Paperboy' on it. :mrgreen: I used to love that game.

Cheers man. Still doing my research.
jra

Postby jp761 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:36 pm

jra wrote:
jp761 wrote:
jra wrote:

Cheers man. Still doing my research.
Keep us posted. Let us know if you decide to buy one of these retro handheld games machines.
jp761

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug