Tory Councillors and Candidates suspended

Tory Councillors and Candidates suspended

Postby Guest » Tue May 08, 2018 4:17 pm

This is the xenophobic return of the nasty party.”

“Tory Council Candidate Anthony Mullen – Sunderland – Suspended for allegedly “Vile and Abysmal Tweets”

Tory Council Candidate Geroge Stoakley – Cambridgeshire – Suspended for allegedly anti-Semitic, sexist and abusive tweets

Tory Council Candidate Matthew Clarke – Stevenage – Suspended for allegedly numerous anti-Semitic, homophobic and misogynistic comments

Tory Council Candidate Darren Harrison – Watford – Suspended for allegedly having links to Neo-Nazis and the EDL

Tory Candidate Alexander van Terheyden – Hackney – Suspended for allegedly supporting an Anti-Muslim Hate Group and attending a rally with the neo-Nazi former EDL leader

Tory Council Candidate Ian Robinson – Netherton – Suspended for alleged racist and xenophobic Facebook posts

Tory Councillor Pete Handley – Oxford – Suspended for allegedly calling a colleague a “cripple”

Conservative Councillor Mike Payne – Calderdale – Suspended for allegedly calling Muslims “parasites” who “live off the state and breed like rabbits”

Tory Council Candidate Patrick O’Sullivan – Hammersmith – Accused of Assaulting a Fellow Activist

Tory Council Candidate Nick Sundin – Newcastle – Suspended for alleged anti-Muslim and abusive tweets

Tory Councillor Dominic Boeck – Newbury – Suspended for allegedly mocking transgender people as mentally disordered.

Tory Councillor Geoff Driver – Lancashire – Suspended for alleged corruption and witness intimidation

Tory Council Candidate Kamran Razzaq – Dudley – Suspended after publishing and distributing an official Tory election leaflet claiming his Labour rivals had brought the area hepatitis.

Tory Council Candidate Karen Sunderland – Lewisham – Suspended for alleged Islamophbic tweets

Tory Council Candidate Thomas Burton – Liverpool – Alleged breach of election law

Tory Councillor Jeremy Moulton – Southampton – Suspended for alleged election fraud

Tory Council Candidate Matt Lynch – Sussex – Suspended for allegedly making false claims to have served in the military” – M.O.

Tory Council Candidate Rob Currie – Carlisle – Suspended for an alleged offensive Facebook post

http://nyebevannews.co.uk/here-is-a-ful ... ays-alone/

What a shower of shite these Tories and their supporters are :shake head: :pukeup:

Re: Tory Councillors and Candidates suspended

Postby Cannydc » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Most shocking fact omitted from the OP.... This is the list for JUST THE LAST 30 DAYS !!!

Wonder why the Wail, Scum and Daily Princess haven't donated one thousandth of the column inches they used on Labour anti-Semitism stories for this scandal ?
Cannydc

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue May 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Always refreshing to see a news source producing high-quality journalism by doing things like citing their sources.

Ah well....

Personally, I don't think anybody should be prevented from trying to achieve a position as a result of something they've said.

Let's face it, we've currently got a shadow-chancellor who's previously endorsed kneecapping protestants and a shadow home-secretary who's made racist comments on numerous occasions.
Personally, I find that completely reprehensible but if enough people want to vote for them I'm happy for them to take office.

Randomly googling "[name] suspended" reveals that the vast majority of the thing that got these people suspended were the sort of things that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow on this website.

Karen Sunderland, for example, seems to have been suspended for "comparing Islam to Nazism".

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/karen ... ded-islam/

The fact is that she's making the point that no group should ever be beyond criticism or accountability and that seems perfectly reasonable to me. :dunno:
Si_Crewe

Postby Cannydc » Tue May 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:Always refreshing to see a news source producing high-quality journalism by doing things like citing their sources.

Ah well....

Personally, I don't think anybody should be prevented from trying to achieve a position as a result of something they've said.

Let's face it, we've currently got a shadow-chancellor who's previously endorsed kneecapping protestants and a shadow home-secretary who's made racist comments on numerous occasions.
Personally, I find that completely reprehensible but if enough people want to vote for them I'm happy for them to take office.

Randomly googling "[name] suspended" reveals that the vast majority of the thing that got these people suspended were the sort of things that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow on this website.

Karen Sunderland, for example, seems to have been suspended for "comparing Islam to Nazism".

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/karen ... ded-islam/

The fact is that she's making the point that no group should ever be beyond criticism or accountability and that seems perfectly reasonable to me. :dunno:

The Tory party, be it national or local, plainly cared enough to realise the toxicity of their candidate's utterings when it comes to elections.

Whether they bother for the rest of the year is highly debatable.

p.s. What's the source for the 'shadow-chancellor who's previously endorsed kneecapping protestants' again, please ?
Cannydc

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Cannydc wrote:The Tory party, be it national or local, plainly cared enough to realise the toxicity of their candidate's utterings when it comes to elections.

Whether they bother for the rest of the year is highly debatable.

That's my point though.

I find it incredibly frustrating that we seem to be immersed in a perpetual "race to the bottom" which usually consists of some bunch of extremists claiming to find things "offensive" until they get their own way.

It's not going to last though.
It's already getting to the point where branding somebody as a "racist" or "nazi" is a waste of time because people are starting to realise how frivolously these accusations are made.
As usual, the "mainstream" media, and thus the politicians who feed it, are behind the times but hopefully things will change soon.

p.s. What's the source for the 'shadow-chancellor who's previously endorsed kneecapping protestants' again, please ?

Could you really not google this for yourself?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... ecaps.html

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 39947.html

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/so ... capped-not

Etc.

Apparently he attended a meeting with Sinn Fein in the 1980s where it was mentioned that a lot of pol's refused to consider Sinn fein as a legitimate political party, to which McDonnell "joked" that such people should be kneecapped.
Almost certainly a joke in bad taste.
Should he be accountable for it? Certainly.
Should he be sacked for it? Of course not.

By the pious, indignant, perpetually-offended, standards that we currently seem to demand of politicians (or, at least, the ones we don't like), he should never have had an opportunity for a career in politics though.
Si_Crewe

Postby Guest » Tue May 08, 2018 6:23 pm

[quote="Si_Crewequote="Cannydc"

I find it incredibly frustrating that we seem to be immersed in a perpetual "race to the bottom" which usually consists of some bunch of extremists claiming to find things "offensive" until they get their own way.

It's not going to last though.
It's already getting to the point where branding somebody as a "racist" or "nazi" is a waste of time because people are starting to realise how frivolously these accusations are made.
As usual, the "mainstream" media, and thus the politicians who feed it, are behind the times but hopefully things will change soon.

[quote]

But we see the usual far right nutjobs who spout this crap, throwing their dollies out of the pram because they have to think now before they abuse the minorities that they hate.....They go spitting snowflake mad when anyone says anything about their families etc. :hand:

The hate speech laws are enshrined in law and it's only the far right nutjobs that complain...So go weep!

Postby Guest » Thu May 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Cannydc wrote:Most shocking fact omitted from the OP.... This is the list for JUST THE LAST 30 DAYS !!!

Wonder why the Wail, Scum and Daily Princess haven't donated one thousandth of the column inches they used on Labour anti-Semitism stories for this scandal ?

Only the last 30 days? :yikes:

I'm sure the decent Tories on here will condemn them without prejudice

Postby Guest » Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 pm

I'm not a Tory but they all seem like legitimate reasons for suspension. And rather than emphasising the fact that they are Tories we should be proud that they are in fact suspended. In fact if the allegations are true, they should not be holding their positions of power and should be sacked.

Postby Markey mark » Mon May 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Labour , Tory , libdems councillors have been brought by my old firm for their support in gain contracts , myself years ago give many labour councillors brown envelopes over the years ,
Markey mark

Postby Corruption Watch » Thu May 17, 2018 10:55 am

Markey mark wrote:Labour , Tory , libdems councillors have been brought by my old firm for their support in gain contracts , myself years ago give many labour councillors brown envelopes over the years ,

Name names or it didn't happen.
Corruption Watch

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs