Freedom Of Speech

Re: Freedom Of Speech

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun May 13, 2018 7:42 am

Only an American could be dumb enough to want to walk up to someone and say your mother wears army boots :ooer:
See your shrink before coming here Tom.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun May 13, 2018 7:46 am

We still have freedom of speech for the important things Tom like slagging off your and mine governments.
And the Israelis Europeans Russians etc.
I would imagine you can say to people their mothers wear army boots too but it won't improve the reputations of dumb American tourists.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun May 13, 2018 7:50 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
You've put your 'the world hates me' head on again, try a different one today instead. :thumbsup:

The op made a shit joke that some idiots will believe is true, that’s nothing to be pleased about.

Admittedly it's not a phrase I've heard before but then I'm not American. I guess he's asking if he should be careful what he says when he comes over here and of course the answer is a resounding yes, as causing offence in the UK these days is almost impossibe to avoid.

Only for bigots with Tourette’s.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 13, 2018 7:59 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
You've put your 'the world hates me' head on again, try a different one today instead. :thumbsup:

The op made a shit joke that some idiots will believe is true, that’s nothing to be pleased about.

Admittedly it's not a phrase I've heard before but then I'm not American. I guess he's asking if he should be careful what he says when he comes over here and of course the answer is a resounding yes, as causing offence in the UK these days is almost impossibe to avoid.

Only for bigots with Tourette’s.

I wouldn't know as I don't know any bigots with tourettes, I bow to your obvious experience and knowledge.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Sun May 13, 2018 8:04 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Yes I know, it's annoying.

Something else I find annoying..

Americans who claim to be Scottish, because their Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather was born here.

To be fair, half the world does that.

In Patagonia, Argentina there is a community who are all descended from miners who went there from Wales, I believe they still speak Welsh or a version of it and many have red hair, an oddity in South America.

My mother is one of them (I don't mean she's a South African with red hair) I mean she insists she's Irish because her parents were Irish.

I've told her countless times, she's Scottish because she was born here.

:roll:
Vicky

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun May 13, 2018 8:11 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Only an American could be dumb enough to want to walk up to someone and say your mother wears army boots :ooer:

I hoping he wasn’t being serious, I hoping it was just a shit joke.

I could be wrong though, it is Tom.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun May 13, 2018 8:16 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Only an American could be dumb enough to want to walk up to someone and say your mother wears army boots :ooer:

I think Americans will always be free to make complete tits of themselves .... I think it's expected in many circumstances.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 13, 2018 8:21 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I think Americans will always be free to make complete tits of themselves .... I think it's expected in many circumstances.

I'd be careful just how far you go with your American sentiments Jack, you know they are a nation made up almost exclusively of immigrants and we know what sort of hot water that can get you into by slanting them.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun May 13, 2018 8:21 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Why the hell did my ‘I’m’ come out as I?

Now I feel a tit.

It’s not just Americans that come out with ignorant stuff though, every country has its village idiots.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Si_Crewe » Sun May 13, 2018 11:40 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:It’s not just Americans that come out with ignorant stuff though, every country has its village idiots.

I'd say every demographic has it's village idiots.

The problem is, you can't criticise some of them for fear of being branded as sexist/racist/homophobic/islamophobic/whatever.

Weird, huh?
Si_Crewe

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun May 13, 2018 11:44 am

Vicks wrote:Thread should be closed on the grounds it's xenophobic.

We have several nationalities on the forum and you only want the opinions of the English.

It's not xenophobic. If he wants to know what English people in England think, it's up to him. :dunno:
Raggamuffin

Postby Dean » Sun May 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

We have several nationalities on the forum and you only want the opinions of the English.

It's not xenophobic. If he wants to know what English people in England think, it's up to him. :dunno:

So, you think Vicks was being serious? :gigglesnshit:
Dean

Postby Cannydc » Sun May 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Perhaps if Tom simply sticks to being polite, his imaginary freedom of speech issue simply won't arise.

Just treat everyone as you would wish to be treated. Job done.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:We still have freedom of speech for the important things Tom like slagging off your and mine governments.
And the Israelis Europeans Russians etc.
I would imagine you can say to people their mothers wear army boots too but it won't improve the reputations of dumb American tourists.

Ironic that someone who claims they left school at 14/15 with no qualifications can call someone else Dumb.

Postby Guest » Sun May 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

FUNNY how jack and lm think it's ok to be racist and xenophobic towards Americans though isn't it.
Or is it just to the white Americans?

Typical lefties, I can't be racist I'm not a tory bolloxs, and yet their words say different.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs