Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicky » Thu May 17, 2018 4:00 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Oh and don't anyone claim Ronaldo is bigger than Messi, Mr "Aren't I fucking gorgeous" isn't fit to clean Lionel Messi's boots.

:thumbsup:

Ronaldo isn't as bad as people and himself make out, much of it is for show. Apparently he's a really nice guy outside football and does a lot for his extended family and charities too, without looking for any publicity.

In his prime I'd say he was as good if not better than Messi, he has played outside La Liga whereas Messi never has.

TJ :wubbers:

If I say black, you would say white.

Seriously!!

If I rated Cristiano Ronaldo more than Lionel Messi, you would be praising Lionel Messi all the time.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu May 17, 2018 4:00 am

A lot of Arsenal fans are slagging off Mikel Arteta.

Some folk are saying he's the cheap option and the only experience Mikel has is putting the cones out in training.

Clearly a lot of Arsenal fans aren't going to be happy if Mikel Arteta is appointed manager.

If Mik reads some of the things that are being said about him, he might say 'Stuff that' and stay at Man City.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 17, 2018 5:17 am

Vicks wrote:A lot of Arsenal fans are slagging off Mikel Arteta.

Some folk are saying he's the cheap option and the only experience Mikel has is putting the cones out in training.

Clearly a lot of Arsenal fans aren't going to be happy if Mikel Arteta is appointed manager.

If Mik reads some of the things that are being said about him, he might say 'Stuff that' and stay at Man City.

Yep, he's certainly gonna divide opinion. I said he'd be the cheap option that the money men would want and I reckon he'll be the one.

Personally, if we were going to have an ex player i'd have preferred Patrick Viera. What I don't want is another fracas like the Wenger Out situation. Why it should affect players I don't know but it did and thats why we've ended up 6th with nothing to show.

Solidarity and support from the terraces is what we need, in my view Mikel Arteta isn't going to give us that.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 17, 2018 5:24 am

Didn't even realise it was the Europa league final last night, it went straight out of my head the moment we went out.

Anyway, Madrid beat Marseille 3-0 and thats that.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 17, 2018 5:51 am

One time England keeper and dandruff expert Joe Hart is struggling to attract offers for his services. Almost frozen out at West Ham by David Moyes the keeper wasn't even considered as a show for the world cup.

Hart's career took a nose dive when Pep Guardiola turned up at Man City and decided his services were no longer required. He's still on City's books but went out on loan to Italians Torino and then to West Ham.

His stock has fallen to new lows as no Premier league club has even inquired about his availabilty for next season.

I have a plan though which could salvage his career, at least on paper. Arsenal are looking to replace everything Arsene Wenger built on the cheap, the new manager for starters. Well we need a keeper and Hart is going to come cheap - a marriage made in heaven. :again?:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Thu May 17, 2018 5:55 am

Trapper John wrote:

Yep, he's certainly gonna divide opinion. I said he'd be the cheap option that the money men would want and I reckon he'll be the one.

Personally, if we were going to have an ex player i'd have preferred Patrick Viera. What I don't want is another fracas like the Wenger Out situation. Why it should affect players I don't know but it did and thats why we've ended up 6th with nothing to show.

Solidarity and support from the terraces is what we need, in my view Mikel Arteta isn't going to give us that.

Why can't this Ivan dude put his hands in his pockets and bring in Luis Enrique.

From what I was reading elsewhere, he has more money than sense.

Bringing in Mikel Arteta isn't going to end well.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu May 17, 2018 5:56 am

Trapper John wrote:Didn't even realise it was the Europa league final last night, it went straight out of my head the moment we went out.

You forgot to mention the Marseille fans going on the rampage after losing.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 am

Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Didn't even realise it was the Europa league final last night, it went straight out of my head the moment we went out.

Never saw it coz I wasn't interested :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Thu May 17, 2018 6:01 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Never saw it coz I wasn't interested :dunno:

You never saw the game either but you mentioned it.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 am

Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Why can't this Ivan dude put his hands in his pockets and bring in Luis Enrique.

Ivan Gazidis is the CEO, Stan Kroenke is the man with all the money. Enrique was never a realistic option he wants £15million a year tax free and a backroom staff on almost the same money combined, even money bags Chelsea won't have that.

I don't get any enjoyment in saying the Wenger Out brigade are going to find out in shocking manner just what Wenger did for Arsenal, the board are going to do everything on the cheap, just like the WO brigade thought Wenger was doing - they ain't seen nothing yet where 'cheap' is concerned.

Wenger was thrown to the wolves consistently by the board but he loved Arsenal so much and was too much of a gentleman to say that, now they have no-one to hide behind, the true nature of the board will out.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mickyboy » Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am

Forgot all about the Europa cup, but bcos it never even registered raises a question, is there any need for it TJ, are there too many competitions now, I'd like your thoughts on it mate.......
Mickyboy

Postby Guest » Thu May 17, 2018 11:41 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Ivan Gazidis is the CEO, Stan Kroenke is the man with all the money. Enrique was never a realistic option he wants £15million a year tax free and a backroom staff on almost the same money combined, even money bags Chelsea won't have that.

I don't get any enjoyment in saying the Wenger Out brigade are going to find out in shocking manner just what Wenger did for Arsenal, the board are going to do everything on the cheap, just like the WO brigade thought Wenger was doing - they ain't seen nothing yet where 'cheap' is concerned.

Wenger was thrown to the wolves consistently by the board but he loved Arsenal so much and was too much of a gentleman to say that, now they have no-one to hide behind, the true nature of the board will out.

You might scrape 6th again next season if you are lucky Arsenal

Postby Dean » Thu May 17, 2018 12:15 pm

Mickyboy wrote:Forgot all about the Europa cup, but bcos it never even registered raises a question, is there any need for it TJ, are there too many competitions now, I'd like your thoughts on it mate.......

Do you think 2 European competitions is too many?
Dean

Postby Vicky » Thu May 17, 2018 3:18 pm

They should merge the Europa League and the Champions League.

Rangers were the first British team to play in the Champions League back in the day when it was champions only.

Now it's just a cup competition.

Liverpool could win it, even though they haven't been the champions of England for years.

It's a farce.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu May 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Stan Kroenke should stop shooting endangered animals and concentrate on Arsenal or sell the club to someone who won't treat it as a part time hobby.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Arsene Wenger, it seems he had a lot to put up with behind the scenes.

He should write a tell all book but he's too much of a gentleman
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive