What have the Tories achieved

Re: What have the Tories achieved

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 8:27 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Finally, a Tory achievement I am happy to praise....

Rail services on East Coast Main Line are being brought back under UK government control, operator Stagecoach Group says.

Stagecoach, which runs the franchise with Virgin Trains, said it has been advised that an "operator of last resort" would be appointed to the London to Edinburgh service.

Transport Secretary, Chris Grayling is expected to make a statement to parliament today.

Stage 1 of a very long walk back to proper state ownership of our utilities.

And a gift to Labour. Corbyn will be delighted, the Tories mortified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44142258

Dont worry,
It's just a temporary measure until a new operation is appointed.
"Transport Secretary Chris Grayling told Parliament that temporary state ownership would provide the smoothest transition to a new operator."

Just imagine if it had been in public ownership. All those losses would have had to have been paid for by taxpayers

"Mr Grayling told parliament that Stagecoach and Virgin have lost almost £200m, but that there had not been a loss to taxpayers"

Grayling said: “The route continues to generate substantial returns for the government."

And would continue to do so if under state ownership - so instead of paying vast subsidies to the likes of Virgin, why give it to them to start with ?

It's Tory dogma. No more, no less....

That's because Stagecoach/Virgin paid the government £3.3 billion to operate the service.
Not tory dogma
Just good business practice
And a good deal for the taxpayers.

No they haven't. Please provide evidence that there were no trenche payments and that they paid the £3.3 Billion on starting the franchise. Thanks.

Postby Cannydc » Wed May 16, 2018 8:47 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Rail services on East Coast Main Line are being brought back under UK government control, operator Stagecoach Group says.

Stagecoach, which runs the franchise with Virgin Trains, said it has been advised that an "operator of last resort" would be appointed to the London to Edinburgh service.

Transport Secretary, Chris Grayling is expected to make a statement to parliament today.

Dont worry,
"Transport Secretary Chris Grayling told Parliament that temporary state ownership would provide the smoothest transition to a new operator."

Just imagine if it had been in public ownership. All those losses would have had to have been paid for by taxpayers

"Mr Grayling told parliament that Stagecoach and Virgin have lost almost £200m, but that there had not been a loss to taxpayers"

Grayling said: “The route continues to generate substantial returns for the government."

And would continue to do so if under state ownership - so instead of paying vast subsidies to the likes of Virgin, why give it to them to start with ?

That's because Stagecoach/Virgin paid the government £3.3 billion to operate the service.
Not tory dogma

Don't worry.

"Strong and Stable" is on top of it. :flog:

The next step will be a 2 or 3 year delay, at which point the cabinet will be split into 2 teams and tasked to answer the question "What are we supposed to be doing?" :paranoid:

They will then produce 2 solutions, both utterly crazy, neither thought through, and both unacceptable to all parties. :brickwall:

Following a delay of a few months or years, and no practical answers on the table, they will blame anyone but themselves. :grrrrr:

Then they will get voted out, and pass on the problem. :canny:
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Wed May 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Dont worry,

Not tory dogma

No they haven't. Please provide evidence that there were no trenche payments and that they paid the £3.3 Billion on starting the franchise. Thanks.

I'm just quoting the BBC news report
You seem to know all the details
So why don't you post all the financial details of the deal?
MungoBrush

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:Dont worry,

Not tory dogma

I'm just quoting the BBC news report

You clearly said that Virgin paid £3.3 Billion upfront when the figure is less than £1 Billion. That is a bare faced lie to try to back up "good business practice". Shame on you. Just admit yeah we should have scrutinised the deal better and never let them near ECML, which would have been good business practice and saved the taxpayer hundreds of millions in subsidies.

Postby MungoBrush » Wed May 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:I'm just quoting the BBC news report

You clearly said that Virgin paid £3.3 Billion upfront when the figure is less than £1 Billion. That is a bare faced lie to try to back up "good business practice". Shame on you. Just admit yeah we should have scrutinised the deal better and never let them near ECML, which would have been good business practice and saved the taxpayer hundreds of millions in subsidies.

Firstly I didn't say that they paid upfront - that's your lie
Second - as I expected - you have not posted any of the financial details

FAIL
MungoBrush

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Dont worry,

Not tory dogma

When did they pay this £3.3 Billion? On what date? You must know as you have stated it as fact.

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:I'm just quoting the BBC news report

Firstly I didn't say that they paid upfront - that's your lie
Second - as I expected - you have not posted any of the financial details

FAIL

Do you have an FT subscription? It's all on the FT website. :bum: Or I could link the Wiki page, which has various links?

Postby Guest » Thu May 17, 2018 10:46 am

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Dont worry,

Not tory dogma

When did they pay this £3.3 Billion? On what date? You must know as you have stated it as fact.

Silence is Golden

Postby MungoBrush » Thu May 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:When did they pay this £3.3 Billion? On what date? You must know as you have stated it as fact.

Silence is Golden

I suggest that you take this up with the BBC as I was quoting from their news site
You will need to present them with the correct information, because they have obviously got it wrong

Let us know how you get on.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Thu May 17, 2018 5:14 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:When did they pay this £3.3 Billion? On what date? You must know as you have stated it as fact.

Silence is Golden

I suggest that you take this up with the BBC as I was quoting from their news site
You will need to present them with the correct information, because they have obviously got it wrong

The BBC website said this, from the first link on the thread

"The companies promised to pay £3.3bn to run the franchise until 2023, but at the end of last year it become clear they were running into trouble."

That sentence clearly indicates that they have NOT paid for the full contract, or anywhere near. They have been let off by an inept government.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Thu May 17, 2018 5:20 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:

Silence is Golden

The BBC website said this, from the first link on the thread

"The companies promised to pay £3.3bn to run the franchise until 2023, but at the end of last year it become clear they were running into trouble."

That sentence clearly indicates that they have NOT paid for the full contract, or anywhere near. They have been let off by an inept government.

Where does it say how much they have paid?
I can't see it in your quote
I think you're making it up.
MungoBrush

Postby Keyser » Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 pm

The Tories have achieved something 'wonderful' - they have made the most vulnerable people in society the target of hatred and vitriol from the press whilst enriching their best Eton chums.

FFS.
Keyser

Postby MungoBrush » Thu May 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Keyser wrote:The Tories have achieved something 'wonderful' - they have made the most vulnerable people in society the target of hatred and vitriol from the press whilst enriching their best Eton chums.

FFS.

That must be why they are still leading in the opinion polls.
MungoBrush

Postby Keyser » Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Keyser wrote:The Tories have achieved something 'wonderful' - they have made the most vulnerable people in society the target of hatred and vitriol from the press whilst enriching their best Eton chums.

FFS.

That must be why they are still leading in the opinion polls.

Cunts are cunts.

Human beings are still just Pleistocene apes that learned to walk upright - still utterly selfish scum in other words. :shake head:
Keyser

Postby Guest » Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:

Silence is Golden

You just blindly repeat untruths then without doing any fact checking. Do you vote Conservative as well?

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs