Films

Re: Films

Postby Nucks » Tue May 01, 2018 9:12 am

Caught a movie on Lifetime about the Elisabeth Smart story. It was watchable but the writers did a poor job of making her likeable. I mean she was 14 at the time of her kidnapping, she would have been scared out of her mind and just gone along with her captors’ demands to stay alive. For some reason they wrote it like she had a plan in mind. It was really sheer luck that she was found. Don’t get me wrong, it was amazing that she was found at all, and thank goodness she was, what a harrowing experience for the poor girl. But it feels like they’ve rewritten the story for entertainment purposes.
Nucks

Postby Trapper John » Tue May 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Nucks wrote:Caught a movie on Lifetime about the Elisabeth Smart story. It was watchable but the writers did a poor job of making her likeable. I mean she was 14 at the time of her kidnapping, she would have been scared out of her mind and just gone along with her captors’ demands to stay alive. For some reason they wrote it like she had a plan in mind. It was really sheer luck that she was found. Don’t get me wrong, it was amazing that she was found at all, and thank goodness she was, what a harrowing experience for the poor girl. But it feels like they’ve rewritten the story for entertainment purposes.

What like that never happens?

:doomed:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Tue May 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Not my cup of tea but my daughter tells me 'The Greatest Showman' starring Hugh Jackman is a good watch if you like that sort of thing. I think it's based on PT Barnum and it's a musical. Jackman likes to do a musical, sees himself as a bit of a singer and dancer.

It can't be all bad, I looked up who else was in it like Zac Efron, Zendaya, Michelle Williams and Rebecca Ferguson and it said the music was co-written by Joseph Trapanese thats me with slanty eyes. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Nucks » Tue May 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Nucks wrote:Caught a movie on Lifetime about the Elisabeth Smart story. It was watchable but the writers did a poor job of making her likeable. I mean she was 14 at the time of her kidnapping, she would have been scared out of her mind and just gone along with her captors’ demands to stay alive. For some reason they wrote it like she had a plan in mind. It was really sheer luck that she was found. Don’t get me wrong, it was amazing that she was found at all, and thank goodness she was, what a harrowing experience for the poor girl. But it feels like they’ve rewritten the story for entertainment purposes.

Probably a poor choice of words on my part. It was a story with a massive amount of coverage over there, mainly because it’s rare to have been abducted for so long and be returned/rescued. This movie didn’t ring true to what was reported at that time. She is now an advocate for child safety and abduction prevention or something, so she’s has probably become quite strong from her experience, and that’s great, but I found the bad-ass rewrite made her look far-fetched.
Nucks

Postby Trapper John » Tue May 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Nucks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Probably a poor choice of words on my part. It was a story with a massive amount of coverage over there, mainly because it’s rare to have been abducted for so long and be returned/rescued. This movie didn’t ring true to what was reported at that time. She is now an advocate for child safety and abduction prevention or something, so she’s has probably become quite strong from her experience, and that’s great, but I found the bad-ass rewrite made her look far-fetched.

I was just pulling your leg Nucks, was it one of those daytime movie, straight to TV things? they are notorious for over egging a 'true life' drama.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Nucks » Tue May 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I was just pulling your leg Nucks, was it one of those daytime movie, straight to TV things? they are notorious for over egging a 'true life' drama.

Ah right. :gigglesnshit: I don’t normally seek out those kinds of movies, but this one I had heard a lot about. My usual genre is horror. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 pm

Brutal if you ever never seen it - and Crowe is truly charismatic for a racist thug - poor Daniel Pollock threw himself under a train at age 23 - what a terrible waste. :shake head:

https://www2.putlockertv.to/watch/rompe ... 6pp/l14j93
Keyser

Postby Dean » Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Ready Player One is very good! Half real and half CGI. Sci-fI fans will love it!
Dean

Postby Nucks » Tue May 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Jeepers Creepers 3 on Netflix. :gigglesnshit: More stupid than scary. And of course set up for s sequel. :hand: 4/10 would be generous.
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Tue May 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Nucks wrote:Jeepers Creepers 3 on Netflix. :gigglesnshit: More stupid than scary. And of course set up for s sequel. :hand: 4/10 would be generous.

The original was good - but like so many horrors the sequels were a case of swiftly diminishing returns (Halloween, Nightmare On Elm Street, Saw etc etc).
Keyser

Postby Nucks » Tue May 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Keyser wrote:
Nucks wrote:Jeepers Creepers 3 on Netflix. :gigglesnshit: More stupid than scary. And of course set up for s sequel. :hand: 4/10 would be generous.

The original was good - but like so many horrors the sequels were a case of swiftly diminishing returns (Halloween, Nightmare On Elm Street, Saw etc etc).

JC2 was actually a pretty good sequel, genuinely ‘creepy’.
Nucks

Postby mavis cruet » Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Watched Deep blue Sea 2 the other day, so bad it was funny :smilin:

also watched black Panther, don't get all the fussy really. give it a 6/10

Oh, and then yesterday watched Zombiology, not sure what to make of it really, or even how to describe it! Strange but good, chinese with subtitles, bit of anime and a little lesson. Give it 7/10 it was 'fun'.
mavis cruet

Postby Keyser » Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 pm

It's such a shame Spacey turned out to be a perv.

I challenge anyone to match the number of classic films he starred in such a short space of time.

The Usual Suspects, Se7en, LA Confidential, American Beauty, K-Pax etc, etc.
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Mon May 21, 2018 3:05 am

A beautiful film and so far ahead of it's time - sadly no one gave/does give a a fuck and it is much too late to save things now.

Keyser

Postby mavis cruet » Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

ANON.. Netflix Film . Worth a watch 6.5/10

This film could have been excellent it had so many avenues/realities to go down.The concept is brilliant!. Better male lead than Clive Owen would not have gone amiss either. I would hate to live in a world like the one depicted in the film.
mavis cruet

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio