A right load of bollocks...

Re: Gay Pride Marches.......

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 27, 2018 7:56 am

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Holly wrote:
Cherry de Voured wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:What's the point of them........ :dunno:

To piss people like you off, basically. It's a public service to give you something to whinge about, so your life doesn't sink any further into the monotonous sinkhole of insecure masculinity. Those "effeminate poofs" in tight-white undies and rock-hard abs making out help provide you with a sense of alpha-male masculinity you so desperately need. Be grateful to them, as without them in existence, you'd look like the mincing fairy compared to all those other real men. You know, the good-looking, self-assured ones who don't have to pretend to be tough and rough because their irresistible masculinity just exudes from them naturally. The kind of men 'your Liza' is probably flicking herself off to after you've spunked your beans up her prematurely.

:more beer:

Bit much :ooer:

Yeah it was. But that is I'm afraid it is a stock tactic of those who think they hold the high moral ground. They believe nothing is out of bounds when it comes abusing people whose opinions differ from theirs. :shake head:

Why shouldn't racists etc be abused? Do you want medical treatment for your affliction instead?

Try putting your brain on a different setting, this thread is about homosexuality not racism. :dunno:

Better still, switch it off, wait for 30 seconds and reboot. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Sun May 27, 2018 8:00 am

The Marching Season is about to start in the West of Scotland and unlike Gay Pride Parades, they involve Religious Hatred, fights and turn places into no go areas.

Despite what some people might think, I'm not and never have been a member of the Orange Order.

I do however think it was timed it was stopped.

That's my view of marches.
Vicky

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun May 27, 2018 8:08 am

Trapper John wrote:
Try putting your brain on a different setting, this thread is about homosexuality not racism. :dunno:

Better still, switch it off, wait for 30 seconds and reboot. :thumbsup:

Almost every thread ends up being about racism. It's the same on other forums - very tedious.
Raggamuffin

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 27, 2018 8:21 am

Vicks wrote:The Marching Season is about to start in the West of Scotland and unlike Gay Pride Parades, they involve Religious Hatred, fights and turn places into no go areas.

Despite what some people might think, I'm not and never have been a member of the Orange Order.

The nature of marches is to show you support something that others don't, there are a few exceptions but by and large thats what they are for. In the instances you are referring to, the question should be is something which happened 600 years ago relevant today and worthy of, not just a march, but a marching season. :dunno:

My opinion is it probably had it's day a long time ago but of course I'd never have the conceit to call those who have an opposing view to that, ignorant.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Rockstar » Sun May 27, 2018 8:25 am

Trapper John wrote:
My opinion is it probably had it's day a long time ago but of course I'd never have the conceit to call those who have an opposing view to that, ignorant.

It isn't about opposition to Gay pride march alone...It's about intolerance to gays altogether...Not surprised to see you miss the point completely...Ignorance is bliss
Rockstar

Postby Vicky » Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:The Marching Season is about to start in the West of Scotland and unlike Gay Pride Parades, they involve Religious Hatred, fights and turn places into no go areas.

The nature of marches is to show you support something that others don't, there are a few exceptions but by and large thats what they are for. In the instances you are referring to, the question should be is something which happened 600 years ago relevant today and worthy of, not just a march, but a marching season. :dunno:

Yes a marching season!!

Lots of marches take place in towns across Scotland in the run up to the 12th of July.

Then most of them have it away on their toes to Northern Ireland for big bonfires on the 11th and then an all day march on the 12th.
Vicky

Postby Claire » Sun May 27, 2018 8:30 am

Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Yes a marching season!!

Lots of marches take place in towns across Scotland in the run up to the 12th of July.

Then most of them have it away on their toes to Northern Ireland for big bonfires on the 11th and then an all day march on the 12th.

Last year in Glasgow they were singing the Famine Song. :yikes: Do you think it's dying out?
Claire

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 27, 2018 8:42 am

Rockstar wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

It isn't about opposition to Gay pride march alone...It's about intolerance to gays altogether...Not surprised to see you miss the point completely...Ignorance is bliss

What? your obsession with me is warping whatever brain cells you have. That reply of mine is specific to Vicky's post about the season of Orange marches - you might have noticed if you had read the bit you edited out. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sun May 27, 2018 8:46 am

Claire wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Yes a marching season!!

Last year in Glasgow they were singing the Famine Song. :yikes: Do you think it's dying out?

I do Claire and that's a good thing.

:thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun May 27, 2018 8:47 am

It's 328 years since the Battle of the Boyne FFS!!
Vicky

Postby Nucks » Sun May 27, 2018 8:47 am

Trapper John wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Dimples wrote:According to Wikipedia:

"Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender"

... but apparently "it's not homophobic to not like gays".

How does that work then? :dunno:

That’s a strange one alright. Could one equally say it’s not racist to dislike black people? I don’t like seeing them about, being all black and stuff. :ooer:

I’m sure Micky knew what he was doing with this thread.

Yes, strange as it may seem it's not illegal to say you don't like something. :off head:

Not illegal, you’re right.

Just ignorant in some cases.

In your opinion of course. In my experience I've not known many people say they don't like something without a reason and that reason is based on something, ignorance rarely features.

Claiming someone or some opinion is ignorant is just another way of saying I don't agree with you. :dunno:

Saying you don’t like a group of people based on something they have no control over, I would say is ignorant. Closed-minded if you prefer. Same difference.

Being in a minority does not make something abnormal.
Nucks

Postby Rockstar » Sun May 27, 2018 8:47 am

Trapper John wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

What? your obsession with me is warping whatever brain cells you have. That reply of mine is specific to Vicky's post about the season of Orange marches - you might have noticed if you had read the bit you edited out. :roll:

Amnesia? :cuppaT:

Trapper John wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Not illegal, you’re right.

Just ignorant in some cases.

In your opinion of course. In my experience I've not known many people say they don't like something without a reason and that reason is based on something, ignorance rarely features.

Claiming someone or some opinion is ignorant is just another way of saying I don't agree with you.
:dunno:
Rockstar

Postby Cherry de Voured » Sun May 27, 2018 8:50 am

Trapper John wrote:
Holly wrote:
Cherry de Voured wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:What's the point of them........ :dunno:

To piss people like you off, basically. It's a public service to give you something to whinge about, so your life doesn't sink any further into the monotonous sinkhole of insecure masculinity. Those "effeminate poofs" in tight-white undies and rock-hard abs making out help provide you with a sense of alpha-male masculinity you so desperately need. Be grateful to them, as without them in existence, you'd look like the mincing fairy compared to all those other real men. You know, the good-looking, self-assured ones who don't have to pretend to be tough and rough because their irresistible masculinity just exudes from them naturally. The kind of men 'your Liza' is probably flicking herself off to after you've spunked your beans up her prematurely.

:more beer:

Bit much :ooer:

Yeah it was. But that is I'm afraid it is a stock tactic of those who think they hold the high moral ground. They believe nothing is out of bounds when it comes abusing people whose opinions differ from theirs. :shake head:

Abuse? I'd say there's certainly no difference in intention and manner between what I wrote and somebody using the term "effeminate poofs".

That's another stock tactic, isn't it? Harping on about 'free speech' to say all manner of things people don't like and then chucking a mardy when someone else exercises theirs. Like those incessantly annoying religious conservatives who whinge about gay marriage and the like, all under 'free speech', and then get outraged when someone speaks out about their religion.

Horse-shoe politics, isn't it?
Cherry de Voured

Postby Claire » Sun May 27, 2018 8:50 am

Vicks wrote:
Claire wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:The nature of marches is to show you support something that others don't, there are a few exceptions but by and large thats what they are for. In the instances you are referring to, the question should be is something which happened 600 years ago relevant today and worthy of, not just a march, but a marching season. :dunno:

Yes a marching season!!

I agree. I can't believe they still do it in this day and age.
Claire

Postby Vicky » Sun May 27, 2018 8:53 am

Claire wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Claire wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:The nature of marches is to show you support something that others don't, there are a few exceptions but by and large thats what they are for. In the instances you are referring to, the question should be is something which happened 600 years ago relevant today and worthy of, not just a march, but a marching season. :dunno:

Yes a marching season!!

I agree. I can't believe they still do it in this day and age.

Like I said Claire, it was 328 years ago.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms