What Are You Drinking Right Now?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby Nucks » Mon May 14, 2018 7:33 am

Holly wrote:
Nucks wrote:Latte with some coconut oil and cream. I can’t do full-on coffee and coconut oil in tea is pretty rank. :gigglesnshit:

Morning Nucks

I also drink coconut oil in coffee and tea and I find it rank in both drinks...I need to drink it very quickly in just a few sips, while stirring after each sip to mix the oil in, otherwise I will feel sick.
I love the taste of coconut, just not the oily part.
The things we do :roll:

:gigglesnshit:

I know what you mean. I could stir it for 10 minutes and the oil is still on top. Swish and swallow. :gigglesnshit:

Coconut oil also makes me cough sometimes, as does olive oil. It’s a common thing apparently.
Nucks

Postby Nucks » Sun May 27, 2018 9:19 am

Tried a new tea from TK Maxx. Never seen it in any food shops before. It’s really nice.

Basilur

Nucks

Postby Text » Sun May 27, 2018 11:34 am

Nucks wrote:
Coconut oil also makes me cough sometimes, as does olive oil. It’s a common thing apparently.

Looks like coconut is the new panacea . . . . tho granted, its an acquired taste.
You can drink its 'water' (the clear refreshing liquid in the centre of the fruit)
You can drink its 'milk' - the thick white juice from the pulped flesh - then use the fibrous remnants in baking, quite delish!
You can extract its oil which has a multitude of uses.
Gosh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OR milk substitutes? Almond milk, Oat milk, Flaxseed milk, Coconut milk, or Rice milk?

One more to add to this list. /\ /\ PEANUT MILK ! The latest dairy alternative.
Made in a similar way to almond milk > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnFtgaSjrYE

Sorry but give me the real mccoy anyday >>>>
Text

Postby Puzzler » Sun May 27, 2018 11:59 am

A chocolate protein shake.
Puzzler

Postby Junglejayne » Sun May 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Cuppa cha!! With sugar.

I've yet to find an alternative sweetener for tea and coffee which doesn't leave an aftertaste.
Junglejayne

Postby Guest » Sun May 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Junglejayne wrote:Cuppa cha!! With sugar.

I've yet to find an alternative sweetener for tea and coffee which doesn't leave an aftertaste.

have you ever tried stevia? it was being promoted a lot some time ago but i don't know anyone who's tried it.

Postby Holly » Sun May 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Guest wrote:

have you ever tried stevia? it was being promoted a lot some time ago but i don't know anyone who's tried it.

I have and I can't say I like it tbh. It's a lot healthier than sugar, comes from some South American plant I think, but it's extremely sweet and just doesn't taste right. I rather go without sweetener at all. I even tried it in a cake once and it just about uneatable.
It comes in powder form and in little tablets...One tablet or one small teaspoon of powder per cup of coffee/tea....still, it's rank.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Sun May 27, 2018 12:35 pm

Guest wrote:

No, and I don't know anyone who has either. I should, or at least find out more about it.
Junglejayne

Postby Junglejayne » Sun May 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

I have and I can't say I like it tbh. It's a lot healthier than sugar, comes from some South American plant I think, but it's extremely sweet and just doesn't taste right. I rather go without sweetener at all. I even tried it in a cake once and it just about uneatable.
It comes in powder form and in little tablets...One tablet or one small teaspoon of powder per cup of coffee/tea....still, it's rank.

This is what I find with other sweeteners that I've tried so I'll give this a miss. Thanks Holly :more beer:

Thanks guest for the suggestion, Holly wouldn't have shared her experience without it :more beer:
Junglejayne

Postby Nucks » Sun May 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Canary wrote:
Nucks wrote:Coconut oil also makes me cough sometimes, as does olive oil. It’s a common thing apparently.

Looks like coconut is the new panacea . . . . tho granted, its an acquired taste.
You can drink its 'water' (the clear refreshing liquid in the centre of the fruit)
You can drink its 'milk' - the thick white juice from the pulped flesh - then use the fibrous remnants in baking, quite delish!
You can extract its oil which has a multitude of uses.
Gosh.

I’ve been eating/drinking it for 3-4 years now, but yes it is quite a popular thing. I’m glad for that, I had to order coconut oil online when I started, no shop except Booths carried it and it was pricey. Now you can buy it just about anywhere.

I like coconut water too, it has a slightly salty taste but it’s very refreshing. I only use the milk for curries.

I use the oil as a moisturiser too. It’s lovely.
Nucks

Postby Guest » Sun May 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

oh, thanks holly. does it have an after taste at all?

Postby Guest » Sun May 27, 2018 1:16 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is what I find with other sweeteners that I've tried so I'll give this a miss. Thanks Holly :more beer:

Thanks guest for the suggestion, Holly wouldn't have shared her experience without it :more beer:

i love this forum, jj, there's always something new to find out.

Postby Holly » Sun May 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

oh, thanks holly. does it have an after taste at all?

No, can't say it has an aftertaste, it just doesn't taste like sugar, it's 3 times as sweet and just doesn't taste quite right for me....unless you are a total sugar nut and love it very sweet, I'd stay away from it.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun May 27, 2018 1:21 pm

Holly wrote:[
No, can't say it has an aftertaste, it just doesn't taste like sugar, it's 3 times as sweet and just doesn't taste quite right for me....unless you are a total sugar nut and love it very sweet, I'd stay away from it.

i used to eat sugar sandwiches when i was little, i don't know how i managed to get away with no fillings when i look back.

Postby Holly » Sun May 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:[

i used to eat sugar sandwiches when i was little, i don't know how i managed to get away with no fillings when i look back.

OMG, that reminds me of my childhood. My Mum had a cleaning lady from Slovenia, she used to fry a slice of bread in butter and then press it into sugar...it was delicious :gigglesnshit: She said this was all she could afford to give to her children or grandchildren as a treat when they were little...but wow, it tasted so good!!!
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms