Big Threads

Re: What you up to today? part 2

Postby Rockstar » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:40 pm

McAz wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Punk wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Punk wrote:Going to buy a tv later, 40 inch smart one. Yeah I know... :woteva:

My old buzzing one that I bought for £60 on Ebay has finally died.

Don't go for smart...Buy firestick or kodi instead...And enjoy the savings! Or go for a 46inch instead..

I'm not that rich tbh Rocky. Max space I have for my living room wall is 41 inch as I have my vinyl and speakers all in a massive wall cabinet around the space for the tv.

What I meant was instead of 40inch Smart tv...you can opt for 46inch Non Smart if there are in the same price bracket...But as you have space constraints in your tv cabinet,it's a moot point.

I am very much against smart tv because the manufacturer removes support after a couple of years..Samsung removed support of 2013 models in 2016 IIRC...TV is a long term investment atleast 7-8 years imo..These companies want us buying a new tv every 3 years....Fuck that

Yes but you pay next to nothing for it being "smart" and any defunct "smartness" can be easily and cheaply replaced by a dongle or external box.

Over where I am,there is a lot of price difference between smart and non smart.
Rockstar

Postby Dimples » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:41 pm

McAz wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Punk wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Punk wrote:Going to buy a tv later, 40 inch smart one. Yeah I know... :woteva:

My old buzzing one that I bought for £60 on Ebay has finally died.

Don't go for smart...Buy firestick or kodi instead...And enjoy the savings! Or go for a 46inch instead..

I'm not that rich tbh Rocky. Max space I have for my living room wall is 41 inch as I have my vinyl and speakers all in a massive wall cabinet around the space for the tv.

What I meant was instead of 40inch Smart tv...you can opt for 46inch Non Smart if there are in the same price bracket...But as you have space constraints in your tv cabinet,it's a moot point.

I am very much against smart tv because the manufacturer removes support after a couple of years..Samsung removed support of 2013 models in 2016 IIRC...TV is a long term investment atleast 7-8 years imo..These companies want us buying a new tv every 3 years....Fuck that

Yes but you pay next to nothing for it being "smart" and any defunct "smartness" can be easily and cheaply replaced by a dongle or external box.

Dongle....

Always makes me :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby Punk » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Rockstar wrote:
McAz wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Punk wrote:
Rockstar wrote:Don't go for smart...Buy firestick or kodi instead...And enjoy the savings! Or go for a 46inch instead..

My choice is £239 for smart and much more for others £400 or more.
Punk

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Dimples wrote:[Dongle....

What does dingle and dangle make you do? :ooer:
McAz

Postby Dimples » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:46 pm

McAz wrote:
Dimples wrote:Dongle....

What does dingle and dangle make you do? :ooer:

:rofl:
Dimples

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Rockstar wrote:Over where I am,there is a lot of price difference between smart and non smart.

Really? Oh well then you have a choice to make. Focus then on the quality of the chips etc (the TV's speed and the like).
McAz

Postby Dimples » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Off out into the garden! See you later! :Hiya:
Dimples

Postby Nucks » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:34 pm

I was not meant to get any sleep last night. :gigglesnshit: Mr Nucks slipped in the shower and hurt his back so was moaning in pain half the night, had to get up and help him out of bed twice, then my daughter said there was a spider in her light fixture, so I had to attend to that. And to top it off, when my husband went downstairs the second time, I had just started to nod back off when I heard a loud smash. The bulb blew in the kitchen when he turned it on, sending glass everywhere, which I had to clean up because his back was goosed. :thud: Not holding out much hope for tonight either, his back will take at least a few days to mend. He’s scared of doctors but I doubt they could give him anything stronger than OTC paracetamol anyway.
Nucks

Postby Rockstar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:53 pm

I was grabbing stuff and got outed today....Speaking of grabs,how are you today Nucks? :leer:
Rockstar

Postby dis » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:56 pm

I am just sitting with a hot water bottle waiting for my tea and the next football game. I’m wore oot today.
dis

Postby measurer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Rockstar wrote:I was grabbing stuff and got outed today....Speaking of grabs,how are you today Nucks? :leer:

This could be taken many ways.... :mrgreen:
measurer

Postby Rockstar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:59 pm

measurer wrote:
Rockstar wrote:I was grabbing stuff and got outed today....Speaking of grabs,how are you today Nucks? :leer:

Too late to edit now??? :doomed:

#FML :bawlin:
Rockstar

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:22 pm

measurer wrote:

the only way to take it is the slimy turd has been sticking his shit stirring nose in to CM and has seen people saying Nucks is stealing grabs from RT :again?:

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:29 pm

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:

the only way to take it is the slimy turd has been sticking his shit stirring nose in to CM and has seen people saying Nucks is stealing grabs from RT :again?:

Irony alert?
Junglejayne

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Rockstar wrote:

Are you talking about tellys or women??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :dunno:
Jobless Oddball

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive