The Nice Chat Thread...

Big Threads

Re: The Nice Chat Thread...

Postby Dimples » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:37 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Helena wrote:Enough of this spud talk! :grrrrr:

I'm on this keto diet thing and aren't allowed carbs :bawlin:

And now all I can think of is a huge great big one covered in baked beans and cheese :yikes:

Maybe I ought to be on that diet then.

I think baked potatoes are completely over-rated and I'd be delighted never to have one ever again. :trollface:

are they a grammatically incorrect form of carbohydrate? the grocer's apostrophe of spuds? :laughing:

:ooer: :dunno:
Dimples

Postby Rockstar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 pm

VelvetCat wrote:
Rockstar wrote:Does anybody have a home remedy for instant cold relief? (Tried and tested)

I think I am coming down with it. :paranoid:

I usually take 2 paracetamol and try to get some sleep. Olbas oil is good for blocked up noses on a tissue and on your pillow.

I'm avoiding paracetamol tbh..Will see what olbas oil is...Thanks.
Rockstar

Postby Gabby » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Dimples wrote:

And now all I can think of is a huge great big one covered in baked beans and cheese :yikes:

I think baked potatoes are completely over-rated and I'd be delighted never to have one ever again. :trollface:

Hasselback potatoes are fab.... rubbed with olive oil and sea salt, then baked till nice and crispy :wubwub: ..... much nicer than a plain jacket potato :leer:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 pm

Rockstar wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:
Rockstar wrote:Does anybody have a home remedy for instant cold relief? (Tried and tested)

I usually take 2 paracetamol and try to get some sleep. Olbas oil is good for blocked up noses on a tissue and on your pillow.

Berocca :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Dimples » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Gabby wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Hasselback potatoes are fab.... rubbed with olive oil and sea salt, then baked till nice and crispy :wubwub: ..... much nicer than a plain jacket potato :leer:

No thanks... :twirl:
Dimples

Postby Gabby » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Dimples wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Weirdo :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby jra » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Citrus fruit drinks. Lemon juice in water.
jra

Postby Dimples » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Gabby wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Weirdo :gigglesnshit:

I prefer sweet potato... in fact I'd rather eat any other form of starch - such as rice, pasta, cous-cous etc - and gladly never eat another potato in my life. :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby MG2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Gabby wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:

Are you trying to kill him? He's already 'lively' :yikes:

And Rocky, why no paracetamol? I always have lots of hot honey and lemon drinks. Nice if your throat gets sore.
MG2

Postby Rockstar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:15 pm

MG2 wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:

Are you trying to kill him? He's already 'lively' :yikes:

And Rocky, why no paracetamol? I always have lots of hot honey and lemon drinks. Nice if your throat gets sore.

Kill me? They looked like harmless Vitamin tablets when I googled. :ooer:

I don't like the temporary relief paracetamol gives. Cold has to be out of the system...So why delay it? I hope what I am trying to convey makes sense.

I will have lemon and honey water thanks to you and jra.
Rockstar

Postby MG2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Rockstar wrote:

I don't like the temporary relief paracetamol gives. Cold has to be out of the system...So why delay it? I hope what I am trying to convey makes sense.

Berocca used to be used for extra energy and was causing palpitations in some. Of course they are fine with the majority but I felt very lively when I took them!

I understand what you are saying about paracetamol but they don't halt the cold itself just make you feel a little better while it's doing it's thing?

And good it does sooth some.
MG2

Postby Bella » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:20 pm

My lads not feeling too good, traveling alone in Japan, I think he is just very very tired, jet lag etc. Anyway advised him to rest and take in daylight until he flies to Vietnam. Hopefully Vietnam will be better and he meet will more like minded folks.
Bella

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:27 pm

if you need to bring your temperature down take a single dose of ibuprofen and paracetomol together and then every 4 hours alternate the two - the difference should be seen quite quickly

my daughter had a febrile convulsion when she was little, and after as soon as her temperature started to go up this was the medical advice we were given - it worked perfectly as she never had another
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Rockstar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:29 pm

MG2 wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Berocca used to be used for extra energy and was causing palpitations in some. Of course they are fine with the majority but I felt very lively when I took them!

I understand what you are saying about paracetamol but they don't halt the cold itself just make you feel a little better while it's doing it's thing?

And good it does sooth some.

So there was a time when I was avoiding visiting my dentist and was self medicating with paracetamol (Enzoflam) and ibuprofen.(I cannot stress enough how much I hate going to a dentist)

Eventually I had to go for the root canal treatment.. And when I told her how I was avoiding her for weeks, she told me that paracetamol deposits in kidney can result in kidney failure and it doesn't flush out completely. I try to avoid it since.
Rockstar

Postby banana chewits » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Rockstar wrote:
So there was a time when I was avoiding visiting my dentist and was self medicating with paracetamol (Enzoflam) and ibuprofen.(I cannot stress enough how much I hate going to a dentist)

Eventually I had to go for the root canal treatment.. And when I told her how I was avoiding her for weeks, she told me that paracetamol deposits in kidney can result in kidney failure and it doesn't flush out completely. I try to avoid it since.

paracetamol is dangerous in high doses, or doses which are too close together. if you are healthy and don't have any kidney problems, it is generally safe to have no more than 8 x 500mg in any rolling 24 hour period. ideally take 2 at a time with a gap of at least 6 hours, preferably 8 hours in between doses. never be tempted to take more, some people are more susceptible than others to paracetamol poisoning. also, don't take any other medication which contains paracetamol.
banana chewits

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive