The Nice Chat Thread...

Big Threads

Re: The Nice Chat Thread...

Postby Gabby » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 am

HobbitFeet wrote:nor will antibiotics, unless it's bacterial

Yeah, the reason they’re not available over the counter in UK like other countries..... too many snotty nosed wimps would abuse them, then we’d all become immune..... I always buy a few packs when in Mallorca, saves going to the docs when they’re absolutely necessary :mrgreen: .... not that I mind a visit to the docs, it’s the length of time waiting for an appointment thats the issue!
Gabby

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:28 am

Gabby wrote:

Yeah, the reason they’re not available over the counter in UK like other countries..... too many snotty nosed wimps would abuse them, then we’d all become immune..... I always buy a few packs when in Mallorca, saves going to the docs when they’re absolutely necessary :mrgreen: .... not that I mind a visit to the docs, it’s the length of time waiting for an appointment thats the issue!

I was going to say something about sweetcorn fritters but the moment has passed

I rarely take antibiotics. but when I do I do it in style, the story is far too boring for even the nice thread but it involves tropical disease units, consultants sweeping down the ward at 3am to prescribe a specific combination of antibiotics, IV antibiotic drips, and being woken every 4 hours for intravenous injections along with the battle to find a fresh vein and to keep it open

I've had bettter days :mrgreen:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:36 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I was going to say something about sweetcorn fritters but the moment has passed

I rarely take antibiotics. but when I do I do it in style, the story is far too boring for even the nice thread but it involves tropical disease units, consultants sweeping down the ward at 3am to prescribe a specific combination of antibiotics, IV antibiotic drips, and being woken every 4 hours for intravenous injections along with the battle to find a fresh vein and to keep it open

I've had bettter days :mrgreen:

I bet :yikes: .... I get the gist! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby VelvetCat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:38 pm

I'm really tired but so happy.

I became a "nanny" for the first time at 3.25am this morning!

A bit of background, Mr VC and I had his niece come to live with us 10 years ago (lots of family problems, basically her mom couldn't cope any more)

Various things happened, and eventually Mr VC and I became her guardian's. We had lots of problems at first, school, a bad crowd she was hanging round with but we managed to get her through her GCSEs and eventually she started college to train as a hairdresser.

Fast forward 10 years and she's now a qualified hairdresser, who is starting her own business next year, with a lovely boyfriend and now a mom.

Hallie Louise was born at 3.25 am, 6 pounds, 9 ounces (I don't "do" kg!!) and mom and baby are well. Going to see them later, and can't wait.

I'm so proud of both of them, but so tired now!

Will probably have a glass of two of proscetto to celebrate later on. :cheers:
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby Gabby » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 pm

VelvetCat wrote:I'm really tired but so happy.

A bit of background, Mr VC and I had his niece come to live with us 10 years ago (lots of family problems, basically her mom couldn't cope any more)

Various things happened, and eventually Mr VC and I became her guardian's. We had lots of problems at first, school, a bad crowd she was hanging round with but we managed to get her through her GCSEs and eventually she started college to train as a hairdresser.

Fast forward 10 years and she's now a qualified hairdresser, who is starting her own business next year, with a lovely boyfriend and now a mom.

Hallie Louise was born at 3.25 am, 6 pounds, 9 ounces (I don't "do" kg!!) and mom and baby are well. Going to see them later, and can't wait.

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 pm

congratulations :Wiiiine!:

I love the nice thread
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby dis » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Aw such a wee dinky doo and a lovely name.

Congratulations :Wiiiine!:
dis

Postby Vam » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Congrats, 'nanny' :Wiiiine!: You stuck with it...and look at the result :smilin:

I love the name Hallie, btw.
Vam

Postby Nucks » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Aww, nice! :wubbers:
Nucks

Postby VelvetCat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:49 pm

@,Gabs, Hobbit and Dis, thank you. She's gorgeous, so tiny.

I've just got a text from Mr VC who has been to the WBA club shop and brought Hallie a babygro or onesie with Baby Baggie on it!
VelvetCat

Postby dis » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:54 pm

VelvetCat wrote:@,Gabs, Hobbit and Dis, thank you. She's gorgeous, so tiny.

I've just got a text from Mr VC who has been to the WBA club shop and brought Hallie a babygro or onesie with Baby Baggie on it!

:wubbers:

Oh I love babies...cosy wee pies :wubwub:
dis

Postby VelvetCat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Vam wrote:

Congrats, 'nanny' :Wiiiine!: You stuck with it...and look at the result :smilin:

I love the name Hallie, btw.

Thanks Vam and Nucks!

Yeah, it wasn't easy at first, we had to lay down a lot of ground rules, but over time it worked and we are extremely proud of her, she has worked very hard and is now a very good hairdresser, it's also very useful for me!!

Hallie is a lovely name agreed.
VelvetCat

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Oh VC, congrats! That’s the best news. And I love her name!

Hope mum and babs are both doing well!

:wubwub:
NastyNickers

Postby Helena » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Aw how lovely! :wubbers:

And I do love the name!

Have a kip and then some proscetto!
Helena

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:58 pm

paracetomol (or ibuprofen) will lower the temperature but only as a short term solution

Paracetomol will reduce temperature and ibuprofen reduces swelling.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive