Do Infamous Posters Really Fade Away

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Do Infamous Posters Really Fade Away

Postby Dean » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Guest wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:Back on topic.

Does anyone know where Joni is now and was it her and a friend with the odd threads? :cuppaT:

Last I saw of her was when she was defending Gregrichards to the death when half of DS was calling him a WUM, only to pretty much disappear when it was proven that he was and he was banned. That must be at least 2 or 3 years ago now.

After looking a bit further, is this what you're thinking about?

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... -re-engage

There's some bad blood there between her and Bunions, they've had a major falling out. :yikes:
And here's her last posting date

Username Joni M
Joined 04/07/07 - 18:29
Visits 2
Last Active 12/08/17 - 23:20
Roles No Roles
Points 3
Posts 70,225

:cuppaT:

I did miss this. Thanks guestie. So is it possible someone for whom forum life was a big part just faded away or is she likely to be active? :smilin:

@ Vam any thanks you might have earned was lost with your typical me me me me demands, sweetie.

I walked away and never even looked at a forum for about 3 years...
Dean

Postby Jem » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Junglejayne wrote:

So is it possible someone for whom forum life was a big part just faded away or is she likely to be active? :smilin:

Try and come back in three years and tell us. :smilin:
Jem

Postby measurer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 pm

I think of course, that some die, others may get jobs and no longer have the time to sit on computers, (unless new job is working with one). All kinds of things happen in RL that take us away from forums/chatrooms.

And of course, some reincarnate themselves. It may be to get away from trolls, or it may be that they themselves have changed, and no longer wish to be known as their old nickname. So yes, I do think Infamous posters do indeed leave, and others? They live to troll another day.
measurer

Postby Rockstar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Jem wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
Nucks wrote:I’m Jane Doh and so is my wife!

This ^^^ is just the sort of thing she and her cronies were very well known for. :cuppaT:

:gigglesnshit: As I said, I don’t think I’ve ever interacted with her on DS. And I’ve never posted on dtv. Not bothered if she’s here or not. Just being silly. :mrgreen:

Silly? Some might call it something else.

Such as?

Tell you what, I'll tell you who I am if you tell me who you are. I'll message you over there as proof.

Didn't you delete your account there? :whistle:
Rockstar

Postby measurer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 pm

Bella wrote:
banana chewits wrote:seeing dimples called 'sweetie' is kind of how you imagine it would be if someone farted in front of the queen.

That is because she is the Queen ... of Grammar and propriety on these forums :smilin:

Don't let the dimpled handmaiden deceive you - I have witnessed her darker side! :nelix:
measurer

Postby Jem » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:49 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Didn't you delete your account there? :whistle:

Yeah I forgot. Oh well.
Jem

Postby Dimples » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 am

measurer wrote:
Bella wrote:
banana chewits wrote:seeing dimples called 'sweetie' is kind of how you imagine it would be if someone farted in front of the queen.

That is because she is the Queen ... of Grammar and propriety on these forums :smilin:

Don't let the dimpled handmaiden deceive you - I have witnessed her darker side! :nelix:

That makes me sound a lot more interesting than I really am! :wubwub:
Dimples

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am

Dimples wrote:
measurer wrote:
Bella wrote:

Which isn’t easy...
Dean

Postby Dimples » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 am

Dean wrote:
Dimples wrote:
measurer wrote:
Bella wrote:

Which isn’t easy...

Indeedy. :hap:
Dimples

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 am

I tried to be interesting once

it's overrated
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:24 am

HobbitFeet wrote:I tried to be interesting once

it's overrated

Before you joined here? :dunno:
Dean

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 am

Dean wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:I tried to be interesting once

it's overrated

Before you joined here? :dunno:

twat

you'll all miss me when I'm gone
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Punk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:05 pm

I'm still here :Hiya:
Punk

Postby Fletch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:15 pm

measurer wrote:I think of course, that some die, others may get jobs and no longer have the time to sit on computers, (unless new job is working with one). All kinds of things happen in RL that take us away from forums/chatrooms.

And of course, some reincarnate themselves. It may be to get away from trolls, or it may be that they themselves have changed, and no longer wish to be known as their old nickname. So yes, I do think Infamous posters do indeed leave, and others? They live to troll another day.

I think social media growth has led some to find new outlets such as twitter or FB. Forums were one of the early forms of social media but with so much of it and so many ways of interacting, forums may not hold the audience they once did. Easier to get many more raging on twitter than on forums. :trollface:
Fletch

Postby measurer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Fletch wrote:
measurer wrote:I think of course, that some die, others may get jobs and no longer have the time to sit on computers, (unless new job is working with one). All kinds of things happen in RL that take us away from forums/chatrooms.

I think social media growth has led some to find new outlets such as twitter or FB. Forums were one of the early forms of social media but with so much of it and so many ways of interacting, forums may not hold the audience they once did. Easier to get many more raging on twitter than on forums. :trollface:

CBA with Twitter and the twits using it. lol I deleted mine years ago. Why go on it just to argue? I guess there is all kinds of crazy...
measurer

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms