The Science And Nature Thread - All Welcome

Big Threads

Re: The Science And Nature Thread - All Welcome

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Red Okktober wrote:Image

Selfie?

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:05 pm

I'm not keen on fish, my daughter has tropical fish and it's all very traumatic, little bastards aren't very hardy
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm

McAz wrote:Coincidentally, I'm currently playing a video game based on Jurassic Park - size does matter. :smilin:

Yeah I play Ark, kind of like Jurassic Park, and I’m very glad most of these giants no longer exist.

:doomed:
NastyNickers

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Guest wrote:

Selfie?

I thought someone mentioned a dictator fish further up?
Red Okktober

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Guest wrote:

Selfie?

And he calls me trout pout :snooty:
NastyNickers

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Guest wrote:Selfie?

I thought someone mentioned a dictator fish further up?

don't bitch Mr bear hunter

are you going to join the world cup prediction thread?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Keyser wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:it was changed because it wasn't inclusive - there was an element of dictatorship from several member about what could and couldn't be posted, forums are about promoting conversation and this thread went against that ethos

if anyone thinks the thread is being derailed and admin haven't spotted it, then they can report and it will be sorted

the only person that owns the threads on the board is Stooo, and long may it stay that way

What a load of cobblers - it was just another way for you to abuse your power and indulge your bizarre hatred of me and have a little dig at the same time.

As soon as your best troll chum turned up the thread turned to shit as usual.

I always loved it when people posted stuff in here.

Charlie was spot on.

No.

Keyser wrote:Keep your pathetic trolling out of this thread.

I post my own opinions often enough - it's a thread for the latest discoveries that people may want to read - not for dumb obsessed wankers like yourself to ruin. :bored:

Posting decent stuff not trolling me like the bag I replied to - try thinking about context and you know it as well because you are trolling me now.

Pitiful. :bored:
Keyser

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Sorry for disrupting your thread Keyser. I shall stay out of it in future...
Dean

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:06 pm

Keyser wrote:
Guest wrote:
Keyser wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:it was changed because it wasn't inclusive - there was an element of dictatorship from several member about what could and couldn't be posted, forums are about promoting conversation and this thread went against that ethos

if anyone thinks the thread is being derailed and admin haven't spotted it, then they can report and it will be sorted

the only person that owns the threads on the board is Stooo, and long may it stay that way

What a load of cobblers - it was just another way for you to abuse your power and indulge your bizarre hatred of me and have a little dig at the same time.

Charlie was spot on.

No.

I post my own opinions often enough - it's a thread for the latest discoveries that people may want to read - not for dumb obsessed wankers like yourself to ruin. :bored:

Posting decent stuff not trolling me like the bag I replied to - try thinking about context and you know it as well because you are trolling me now.

Why do you keep derailing this thread?

You're behaving like it's your own piece of property. It's bad enough you spouting your shit everywhere else. You've even started it here now. It's for everyone to contribute to!

Meanwhile on topic....

I genuinely had no idea about giving Bees a sugar water pick-me-up that Gabby explained. Thanks for that Gabby. I've just tried it on one looking all out on my patio slabs. Sure enough in a matter of minutes it looked revived, and flew off. You really do learn some interesting things on here.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Dean wrote:Sorry for disrupting your thread Keyser. I shall stay out of it in future...

To be fair, he's doing a fair bit of disrupting in it himself :shake head:

Postby Keyser » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Thanks so much Charlie for your replies on here last night when I was offline. :wubbers:

Skeletal size comparison (amongst others) of the four largest/longest known theropods - Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Carcharadontosaurus and Spinosaurus.

Notice how much more robust the Tyrant was in comparison to the other land sharks - a literal living tank.

The species was truly the peak of an evolutionary path 160 millions of years in the making that had only one goal - to brutally refine the art of hunting and killing.

A combination of sheer size, physical power, bone crushing jaws, railroad spike teeth, speed and a remarkably keen set of senses (including eyesight far superior than any bird of prey so that fucks up the scene in the first movie) all alongside a massive advanced avian brain - simply unmatched in terrestrial history. :thumbsup:

The skeletal (without gastralia), and featherless rex of the Jurassic World movies is a disgrace given the current research. :shake head:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QQDKL
Keyser

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Keyser wrote:
Guest wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Charlie was spot on.

No.

It wasn't trolling. You just took exception to someone posting some interesting stuff and got all modish and huffy.

Postby MG2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:30 pm

So, and not being bothered to google. Would those giant sloths have gone after humans?
MG2

Postby Punk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:34 pm

MG2 wrote:So, and not being bothered to google. Would those giant sloths have gone after humans?

Sloths are naturally slow creatures. The answer is no.
Punk

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Punk wrote:
MG2 wrote:So, and not being bothered to google. Would those giant sloths have gone after humans?

Sloths are naturally slow creatures. The answer is no.

Humans have the unique ability to run prey down to exhaustion over a period of time, it might take him a couple of years but he's going to get you in the end... :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive