Video Games

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Video Games

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 31, 2018 7:32 am

Abs wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Does playing pool on Miniclip count as gaming?

Or Mahjong Tiles?

I do both.

:smilin:
Helps me think.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Abs » Thu May 31, 2018 10:04 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Abs wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Or Mahjong Tiles?

I do both.

Helps me think.

yes, keeps your mind active.
Abs

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 31, 2018 10:11 am

Abs wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Abs wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Or Mahjong Tiles?

I do both.

Helps me think.

yes, keeps your mind active.

It actually calms my mind down. Is it supposed to do the opposite? :ooer:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Abs » Thu May 31, 2018 10:15 am

God I hate the 5 quote rule.

Actually that should have said, it keeps the brain active as in healthy, not the mind. my bad. Have a good day, i'm off.
Abs

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 am

Abs wrote:God I hate the 5 quote rule.

Actually that should have said, it keeps the brain active as in healthy, not the mind. my bad. Have a good day, i'm off.

Have a lovely day Abs. :Hiya:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Odessa Steps » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:46 am

I quit World of Warcraft 3 months ago... it was a endless treadmill of repetitive tasks and I had a Steam folder full of games I've never played.
Odessa Steps

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:45 pm

There’s quite a few games about where you just explore the most beautiful environments, Gerst.
I play No Mans Sky. I love it. It’s so big and vast. I’ve never actually seen another player. The planets are beautiful too. All procedurally generates and I think there’s something ridiculous like 20 quintrillion of them. Beautiful game.
NastyNickers

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:I quit World of Warcraft 3 months ago... it was a endless treadmill of repetitive tasks and I had a Steam folder full of games I've never played.

I dip in and out. Looking forward to BfA in Aug, but currently on an ‘off’ period. I don’t play it like I did anymore, though. I find it hard to keep motivated enough to go back to the guild and join in the social aspects. It’s always been a grind but it was never quite so fucking tedious.
NastyNickers

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:19 am

I've stopped playing these online 'open world' games they just eat up huge globs of your life before you know it. In fact I mostly just play the AI in games now, rarely go online at all but even that can take up meaningful slices of life better spent doing something useful, I have to be very strict with myself.

My son-in law's boy keeps trying to get me to take up 'Fortnite' he said it's great but I'm not willing to risk it. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Trapper John wrote:I've stopped playing these online 'open world' games they just eat up huge globs of your life before you know it. In fact I mostly just play the AI in games now, rarely go online at all but even that can take up meaningful slices of life better spent doing something useful, I have to be very strict with myself.

My son-in law's boy keeps trying to get me to take up 'Fortnite' he said it's great but I'm not willing to risk it. :shake head:

Yeah MMOs can be a proper time hoover. I find it’s the social aspects that pull me in like that. I’m good if I avoid them and solo. If I get chance to play something these days, I stick to single player. I am quite enjoying Ark: Survival Evolved. It’s a good single player, but doesn’t require real dedication when I play with friends.
NastyNickers

Postby Hummingbird » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Trapper John wrote:I've stopped playing these online 'open world' games they just eat up huge globs of your life before you know it. In fact I mostly just play the AI in games now, rarely go online at all but even that can take up meaningful slices of life better spent doing something useful, I have to be very strict with myself.

It's all about Fortnite in our house; son, daughter and husband!
Hummingbird

Postby Gerst » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:42 pm

NastyNickers wrote:There’s quite a few games about where you just explore the most beautiful environments, Gerst.
I play No Mans Sky. I love it. It’s so big and vast. I’ve never actually seen another player. The planets are beautiful too. All procedurally generates and I think there’s something ridiculous like 20 quintrillion of them. Beautiful game.

Yes, I've heard of No Man's Sky. I very much like the idea of it: worlds generated by computer so that even the makers of it don't know what to expect, though I also heard it had turned out to be a bit disappointing, for various reasons – maybe people were expecting too much, I don't know. I think I'll have to give it a try though just to see for myself.
Gerst

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:27 am

Not too long to wait for Red Dead Redemption 2 now finally.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:04 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Not too long to wait for Red Dead Redemption 2 now finally.

I love that game, not so much the zombie one but the original is great, open world at it's best for the time. Can't imagine what the new one will be like what with the advances since the old one. Looking forward to it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:13 am

My first delve into home computer games was Tomb Raider on the PC, primitive now but at the time those PC games were ground breaking.

Then I got into Football Manager and my home life was nearly wrecked, it ate up huge swathes of my time and only an ultimatum from the other half and a great deal of self denial saved me from myself. I kicked the habit but am still curious as to what the newer versions were/are like. I won't go near them now.
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug