Your favourite TV shows from the past

Re: Your favourite TV shows from the past

Postby calitom » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:29 pm

Nucks wrote:Arrested Development

:gigglesnshit: Really funny, full of sarcasm and double entendres galore.

My Name is Earl is another cracker

My name is earl was great
calitom

Postby calitom » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Eastbound and Down was a weird funny show...i think it ran about 5 yrs ago for a few seasons.Very strange but funny.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0866442/
calitom

Postby Nucks » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:34 pm

calitom wrote:

Drivers license, mugshot, wedding photo, doesn’t matter. :gigglesnshit:

Nucks

Postby Keyser » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:44 am

[youtube]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/d0/10/34d010a08440fd32d215f6b8ea93ec75.jpg[/youtube]
Keyser

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Trapper John wrote:One of my earliest memories of watching an actual TV series was that of 'Callan' starring Edward Woodward. Great MI5/MI6 drama with Russell Hunter as his grubby little nark and Anthony Valentine as Toby Mears a more classier version of spy.

It wasn't the same when I think Valentine died in real life and Patrick Mower took over as another agent called Cross, I think.

Great series though.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002242/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_17

AV died in December 2015. He did stuff like New Tricks.

Postby Abs » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 am

guest wrote:Just Tattoo

:wurms: :gigglesnshit:

Omg, I should have never read this thread. We get a lot of the uk shows in syndication and I like a lot of them, so I thought I would see if any of these interested me. I checked this out and I can't stop watching it. I can't believe that stuff is for real.
Abs

Postby Abs » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 am

Snookerballs wrote:
jp761 wrote:Your favourite TV shows from the past.. Those that ended some time ago.

One of mine is London's Burning, loved that show. Gritty, with some good story lines. Right now we of course have Chicago Fire, London's Burning was the bee's knees back in the day though.

Image Some of the old cast. The dude from Casualty on the left there.

Despite in the first episodes one type of Fire Engine went out to a fire, and returned a different Fire Engine,

This was sorted out by the Production Team hiring an officer from London Fire Brigade as advisor, so many of the stories were then based on true life current incidents within the Brigade/"Fire" Magazine, and other Brigades.

We found the only way to find out Politics/changes, re structuring etc within our Brigade was to watch the show, one learned more from the TV Series than being on the "shop" floor.

The dude on the left was James Hazeldine who played FF Mike "Bayleaf" Wilson Blue Watch Mess Manager
He was a veteran actor but never starred in "Casualty "

Chicago Fire seems authentic with its story lines IMO is very good.some stories cross over with Chicago PD, Chicago Med, and Chicago Justice but one has to catch them in the right sequence or the storyline gets confusing.

BIB:
I don't agree I been watching them for years. They only really had a cross-over storyline when they introduced the new show "Chicago Justice" but other than that they are just inter-related due to the fact that some times the firemen have to take people to the Chicago medical hospital so of course your going to see people from Chicago Med on the Chicago Fire show. Etc. It's all related like that. I got my mum hooked on Chicago Fire and Chicago Med.
Abs

Postby Snookerballs » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Abs wrote:
Chicago Fire seems authentic with its story lines IMO is very good.some stories cross over with Chicago PD, Chicago Med, and Chicago Justice but one has to catch them in the right sequence or the storyline gets confusing.

BIB:
I don't agree I been watching them for years. They only really had a cross-over storyline when they introduced the new show "Chicago Justice" but other than that they are just inter-related due to the fact that some times the firemen have to take people to the Chicago medical hospital so of course your going to see people from Chicago Med on the Chicago Fire show. Etc. It's all related like that. I got my mum hooked on Chicago Fire and Chicago Med.[/quote]

I disagree, I have followed Chicago Fire and Chicago PD and have the DVD sets
The cross overs are episodes in their own right , there are a number of times when as you say instances of different series are in an episode which makes up the story.
However the crossovers full length episodes on all the franchise are =Series two "stepping stone" Chicago Fire crossover with Chicago PD," 8.30 PM"Chicago Fire cross over with Chicago PD

Series Three Episode, Chicago FD , cross over with Chicago PD, Cross over with Law and Order SVU
Chicago PD Season 1 Crossover with Chicago Fire, crossover with Chicago PD
Chicago Fire Series five Cross over with Chicago PD Series four, cross over with Chicago Justice series one .

Chicago Justice has been dropped

Can be confusing
Snookerballs

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:28 pm

calitom wrote:

Scientology fund raiser, funny but sinister.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:45 pm

A classic - Life on Mars - I will put the ending in spoilers for those who may not have seen it.

Spoiler: show
phpBB [video]
Keyser

Postby Abs » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:07 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Abs wrote:

BIB:
I don't agree I been watching them for years. They only really had a cross-over storyline when they introduced the new show "Chicago Justice" but other than that they are just inter-related due to the fact that some times the firemen have to take people to the Chicago medical hospital so of course your going to see people from Chicago Med on the Chicago Fire show. Etc. It's all related like that. I got my mum hooked on Chicago Fire and Chicago Med.

I disagree, I have followed Chicago Fire and Chicago PD and have the DVD sets
The cross overs are episodes in their own right , there are a number of times when as you say instances of different series are in an episode which makes up the story.
However the crossovers full length episodes on all the franchise are =Series two "stepping stone" Chicago Fire crossover with Chicago PD," 8.30 PM"Chicago Fire cross over with Chicago PD

Series Three Episode, Chicago FD , cross over with Chicago PD, Cross over with Law and Order SVU
Chicago PD Season 1 Crossover with Chicago Fire, crossover with Chicago PD
Chicago Fire Series five Cross over with Chicago PD Series four, cross over with Chicago Justice series one .

Chicago Justice has been dropped

Can be confusing[/quote]

Yeah I guess they have gone back and forth a few times, my bad, I just didn't find it confusing. I didn't even try to get into chicago justice, don't really care about them shows.
Abs

Postby Nucks » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:54 am

Keyser wrote:A classic - Life on Mars - I will put the ending in spoilers for those who may not have seen it.

phpBB [video]

Howled with laughter at Sam Tyler’s claymation dream sequence.
“What’s wrong Sam? Is it Gene Hunt? Is he kicking in a nonce?”

:haha:

Great show. Did you also watch Ashes to Ashes? With Bolly Knickers? :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:22 pm

Nucks wrote:
Keyser wrote:A classic - Life on Mars - I will put the ending in spoilers for those who may not have seen it.

phpBB [video]

Howled with laughter at Sam Tyler’s claymation dream sequence.
“What’s wrong Sam? Is it Gene Hunt? Is he kicking in a nonce?”

:haha:

Great show. Did you also watch Ashes to Ashes? With Bolly Knickers? :gigglesnshit:

Sorry - did not see this before. :smilin: X

Yes I watched Ashes To ashes and the ending was very poignant indeed.

In this world of over the top sensitivity and foutrage I really loved the idea of a Gene Hunt.

Also Keeley is a superb and very underrated actress and much like Gillian Anderson does not get the credit she deserves because of her stunning looks. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Punk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:38 pm

Hustle :choc:
Punk

Postby calitom » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Abs wrote:
guest wrote:Just Tattoo

:wurms: :gigglesnshit:

Omg, I should have never read this thread. We get a lot of the uk shows in syndication and I like a lot of them, so I thought I would see if any of these interested me. I checked this out and I can't stop watching it. I can't believe that stuff is for real.

omg that accent..those accents...cockney???
calitom

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio